SYNC Destination for android | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SYNC Destination for android

Lep

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer 2016
Hello Friends, I have a 2016 Explorer Limited, is there a version of the SYNC Destination app for android? .... or any other app that sends Google map locations to MFT, thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello Friends, I have a 2016 Explorer Limited, is there a version of the SYNC Destination app for android? .... or any other app that sends Google map locations to MFT, thanks

You said locations so I'm assuming you know it does not send directions. Also, your SYNC Services needs to be active.

You said locations so I'm assuming you know it does not send directions. Also, your SYNC Services needs to be active.

While you should get the Sync Services free initially (don't know if it's still up to three years), read all the reviews before you shell out the $60 per year for it.

Read the reviews in the app store.

Common complaints will include limiting the Sync Services to 1 phone number (very difficult/near impossible to practically share one account with a spouse or kids) and the mobile app will not work if the phone is moving (passengers can't load destination into navigation while vehicle is moving).

While you should get the Sync Services free initially (don't know if it's still up to three years), read all the reviews before you shell out the $60 per year for it.

Read the reviews in the app store.

Common complaints will include limiting the Sync Services to 1 phone number (very difficult/near impossible to practically share one account with a spouse or kids) and the mobile app will not work if the phone is moving (passengers can't load destination into navigation while vehicle is moving).
Not that I'd pay for sync services but you can call for directions to be downloaded while vehicle is moving.

Not that I'd pay for sync services but you can call for directions to be downloaded while vehicle is moving.

You always needed to call to get the address into the navigation. To get to the point where you can call for directions, you still need to get it to sync services. When the vehicle is in motion, you can't open destinations to send the address.

A couple years ago, it wasn't that big of a deal when an enthusiast put together Send To Car allowing you to share a destination in Google Maps directly to your account in Sync Services. It was great because I could share the destination directly from a Google Search result. Unfortunately it doesn't work anymore and the enthusiast moved on.

Back