• Register Today It's free!

Issues with Ford Order Tracking

Ted K

Reaction score
City, State
Old Bethpage, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford Explorer Platin
Just ordered a 2017 Platinum Explorer in Magnetic with Ebony about two weeks ago. Dealer showed me the order sheet and his has the correct color combination, however, when I log into Ford Order Tracking, it does show the dealer, the date of order, etc. All the correct information. HOWEVER, the color code for the interior is off. It's showing Medium Soft Ceramic interior. Brought it to the dealer's attention, and he insists that it's wrong and that his internal tracking system is showing it correctly. Would hate to wait 10 weeks and have it come in wrong. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Is there anyone on the forum from Ford who can confirm for me that the order is correct and that the tracking software is wrong? It's order X999, dealer code F13082. TIA.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you PM me your vin, I can check OASIS. It wouldn't be the first Explorer that was improperly ordered by the dealer.

If you PM me your vin, I can check OASIS. It wouldn't be the first Explorer that was improperly ordered by the dealer.

Okay, new to this forum, and admittedly having trouble figuring out how to PM you. Just started a conversation with you. Maybe that's it??

Yep, conversation is how to do it--you can edit out that VIN if you want from your public post.

OK, build data hasn't populated in OASIS yet. In this event, ask the Dealer for a copy of the order confirmation to verify, I believe it's called a 'DORA'.

OK, build data hasn't populated in OASIS yet. In this event, ask the Dealer for a copy of the order confirmation to verify, I believe it's called a 'DORA'.
The dealer did email me a copy of the Vehicle Order Confirmation, as well as a PDF of the list of feature and color codes. It does all look correct? What is DORA? Could this be it??

Order confirmation was what I was looking for. Your Explorer is probably fine. I will verify it in OASIS when the date gets closer to build, but I have a feeling you're just fine and the COTUS site is wrong.

Order confirmation was what I was looking for. Your Explorer is probably fine. I will verify it in OASIS when the date gets closer to build, but I have a feeling you're just fine and the COTUS site is wrong.
Thanks so much!! Appreciate it.

Not a problem. Start planning those post-purchase upgrades!

Not a problem. Start planning those post-purchase upgrades!
Already in the works....some minor stuff like floor liners, license plate rims, stealth mount for V1 and a chrome cycling emblem.

Just ordered a 2017 Platinum Explorer in Magnetic with Ebony about two weeks ago. Dealer showed me the order sheet and his has the correct color combination, however, when I log into Ford Order Tracking, it does show the dealer, the date of order, etc. All the correct information. HOWEVER, the color code for the interior is off. It's showing Medium Soft Ceramic interior. Brought it to the dealer's attention, and he insists that it's wrong and that his internal tracking system is showing it correctly. Would hate to wait 10 weeks and have it come in wrong. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Is there anyone on the forum from Ford who can confirm for me that the order is correct and that the tracking software is wrong? It's order X999, dealer code F13082. TIA.
Is anyone else having problems w/ the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking web page? Maybe they shut me off for overuse abuse. My order # and VIN # are set in auto-fill, so it's easy to check, but maybe I've checked too often so they shut me off.

Just ordered a 2017 Platinum Explorer in Magnetic with Ebony about two weeks ago. Dealer showed me the order sheet and his has the correct color combination, however, when I log into Ford Order Tracking, it does show the dealer, the date of order, etc. All the correct information. HOWEVER, the color code for the interior is off. It's showing Medium Soft Ceramic interior. Brought it to the dealer's attention, and he insists that it's wrong and that his internal tracking system is showing it correctly. Would hate to wait 10 weeks and have it come in wrong tracking speedex. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Is there anyone on the forum from Ford who can confirm for me that the order is correct and that the tracking software is wrong? It's order X999, dealer code F13082. TIA.
Hi I was wondering when the order tracking should be working. I got my VIN and scheduled production date, but when I go to the Vehicle Order Tracking and enter my order number, it shows invalid. Was wondering if this doesn't take effect until the reservation status changes to something else... Or maybe I'm just impatient and it will show once they are actually 'building' it. Anyone know?

Back