• Register Today It's free!

Sync/Phone/Camera Issues

Marc Lombardo

Reaction score
City, State
Mandeville, LA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
I recently started having problems with my Sync/Phone/Camera. It started with the Phone. My phone will sometimes take up to 5 to 10 minutes to disconnect. I have done a Master Reset on it twice as suggested by the dealership and it does not seem to help. Now I am getting Camera unavailable errors. Sometimes the camera just comes back on and works for days and then gives the error again. Are all these issues related? Is there a way to update the Sync system? Do I need to replace the backup camera? HELP!!!

Welcome to the Forum Marc.:wave:
There is a thread on the camera issue. Unfortunately the common resolution is to replace the camera.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/rearview-camera-problems.318879/
As for the phone disconnect, a similar issue was discussed before. It seems that you have to hold down the steering wheel button (hang up) for a while bfore the phone disconnects. Try that and see if it works.
Which software version are you running now? The current one is 3.8
Also it would be helpful if you added the trim level of your Explorer to your profile so it appears in the margin. Thanks.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Marc.:wave:
There is a thread on the camera issue. Unfortunately the common resolution is to replace the camera.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/rearview-camera-problems.318879/
As for the phone disconnect, a similar issue was discussed before. It seems that you have to hold down the steering wheel button (hang up) for a while bfore the phone disconnects. Try that and see if it works.
Which software version are you running now? The current one is 3.8
Also it would be helpful if you added the trim level of your Explorer to your profile so it appears in the margin. Thanks.

Peter
How do I find the software version?

How do I find the software version?
You access the info through the MFT screen. Off hand I can't recall if it is through Settings, Info or Help.
Version 3.8 would show as CCPU S/W Ver. 3.08.15128.EA.10_PRODUCT
You should also check your Sycmyride account to see what it shows.

Peter

Back