Dealership won't upgrade Sync software | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dealership won't upgrade Sync software

clarkkent93

Reaction score
City, State
CHEBOYGAN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer LTD
I just bought a 2015 Ford Explorer this week with a Sync version of 3.7.11. I'd like to add the new A7 nav card but after reading online I need the latest Sync version to be able to use it (hopefully I read it right). I asked them to update to the latest (3.10) and was told that it's their policy that if nothing is wrong with the version installed, they won't install any of the updates.

Does that even sound correct? Should I try a different Ford Service center and see if they will upgrade for me?

Thanks

I just bought a 2015 Ford Explorer this week with a Sync version of 3.7.11. I'd like to add the new A7 nav card but after reading online I need the latest Sync version to be able to use it (hopefully I read it right). I asked them to update to the latest (3.10) and was told that it's their policy that if nothing is wrong with the version installed, they won't install any of the updates.

Does that even sound correct? Should I try a different Ford Service center and see if they will upgrade for me?

Thanks

Hey clarkkent93,

If you have the 12M02 warranty, this covers any software updates whether there's an issue or not. If you're not sure, feel free to PM the VIN and I can look into this for you.

Cara

Hey clarkkent93,

If you have the 12M02 warranty, this covers any software updates whether there's an issue or not. If you're not sure, feel free to PM the VIN and I can look into this for you.

Cara

I sent a PM or conversation (whatever it's called) with the VIN. Thanks for your help.

Back