When will there be a new release of Sync 2 software | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

When will there be a new release of Sync 2 software

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh... I should reword my question:

How can I upgrade my Sync 2 MFT to Sync 3 in my 2016 Ford Explorer Sport(401A Package)? Does anyone have any tips or advice on who or how to do this?
That is actually what I thought you meant until I reread your post. Using the Forum's 'Search' feature (upper right) I found the following threads; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...om-mft-to-sync-3-coming-not-from-ford.437858/
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/sync3-in-a-2016-explorer.441118/
Familiarize yourself with that Search feature has it can be a very handy tool in finding existing threads.
Good luck.

Peter

My 2012 explorer had the 3.8 upgrade in the owners site at one point but I didn't decide to download and now it is gone. So my sync is stuck at 3.6 which was done in August 2013 but obviously based on the disclaimer (and what I saw previously), there is a 3.8 and in this thread a 3.10. My dealer wants $150 to put the USB in on my behalf now and will not give me the files. The only reason I care about updating is my rear camera just crapped out so not sure if it is software (it is Microsoft!) or the hardware. It slowly stopped working which coincided with a new battery. My dealer wants $650 (CAD) for the camera and more for the install.

We're committed to enhancing and improving upon the SYNC® driving experience. And to make it even better, we will periodically release software updates so you have the latest version of SYNC to keep you up-to-date and in-the-know.

Disclaimer: iOS 9.2 may prevent owners of 2011-2016 model year Ford vehicles equipped with SYNC® with MyFord Touch® (v 3.8) from using Siri® Eyes Free over Bluetooth®.

The 9.3 iOS update resolves this issue. Update the iOS software on your iPhone® to use Siri Eyes Free over Bluetooth. If you haven’t updated yet, plug your iPhone into your vehicle’s USB port to use Siri Eyes Free.

Your SYNC is up-to-date!
Now, you're running the fastest, simplest and best version of SYNC

My 2012 explorer had the 3.8 upgrade in the owners site at one point but I didn't decide to download and now it is gone. So my sync is stuck at 3.6 which was done in August 2013 but obviously based on the disclaimer (and what I saw previously), there is a 3.8 and in this thread a 3.10. My dealer wants $150 to put the USB in on my behalf now and will not give me the files. The only reason I care about updating is my rear camera just crapped out so not sure if it is software (it is Microsoft!) or the hardware. It slowly stopped working which coincided with a new battery. My dealer wants $650 (CAD) for the camera and more for the install.

We're committed to enhancing and improving upon the SYNC® driving experience. And to make it even better, we will periodically release software updates so you have the latest version of SYNC to keep you up-to-date and in-the-know.

Disclaimer: iOS 9.2 may prevent owners of 2011-2016 model year Ford vehicles equipped with SYNC® with MyFord Touch® (v 3.8) from using Siri® Eyes Free over Bluetooth®.

The 9.3 iOS update resolves this issue. Update the iOS software on your iPhone® to use Siri Eyes Free over Bluetooth. If you haven’t updated yet, plug your iPhone into your vehicle’s USB port to use Siri Eyes Free.

Your SYNC is up-to-date!
Now, you're running the fastest, simplest and best version of SYNC

Hi mola2alex,

If there is an actual issue with the camera, updating the software will not resolve it. Send the VIN in a private message; I'll provide your options.

Software upgrades are free. The dealer is not supposed to charge for that. If you are having issues with that I suggest that you contact the IVT rep on this forum.
http://www.explorerforum.com/xenforo/index.php?conversations/add&to=FordIVTteam

Peter

Hey "peterk9,

Updates are only free when the vehicle is under the 12M02 Customer Satisfaction program. Thanks for suggesting that they reach out to us. We'll be able to give them more info.

Shaay

That is actually what I thought you meant until I reread your post. Using the Forum's 'Search' feature (upper right) I found the following threads; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...om-mft-to-sync-3-coming-not-from-ford.437858/
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/sync3-in-a-2016-explorer.441118/
Familiarize yourself with that Search feature has it can be a very handy tool in finding existing threads.
Good luck.

Peter
I executed this search and did not get these threads. Thanks for taking the time. I really appreciate this. It has to be what I'm doing wrong in the forum search.

So, there is no link for the 3.8 version? To get the latest software program I would have to go back to the dealer? I am running 3.5 and that may be the issue where I can't answer incoming calls.

Hi mola2alex,

If there is an actual issue with the camera, updating the software will not resolve it. Send the VIN in a private message; I'll provide your options.

Hey "peterk9,

Updates are only free when the vehicle is under the 12M02 Customer Satisfaction program. Thanks for suggesting that they reach out to us. We'll be able to give them more info.

Shaay
I went into the Ford Owner site and saw that I have this Field Service Action Number: 12M02. Do I just call my dealer?

I went into the Ford Owner site and saw that I have this Field Service Action Number: 12M02. Do I just call my dealer?
12M02 is just the extended warranty to 5 years. If you go to your dealer and explain the issues they will do the update for free. v3.5.1 was one of the worst they've had.

12M02 is just the extended warranty to 5 years. If you go to your dealer and explain the issues they will do the update for free. v3.5.1 was one of the worst they've had.

Yeah, I was suggested by the service coordinator that I can go on syncmyride.com to upgrade the software. If that does not work, I could leave my vehicle over night to have it upgraded; they can't do it at 3pm. At first they were going to charge me, then they told me because of the phone issues, they would do it for free.

Yeah, I was suggested by the service coordinator that I can go on syncmyride.com to upgrade the software. If that does not work, I could leave my vehicle over night to have it upgraded; they can't do it at 3pm. At first they were going to charge me, then they told me because of the phone issues, they would do it for free.
If I recall correctly, one of the last things the IVT rep mentioned was that they will only do it for free if you are having a problem. Otherwise you pay.

Peter

If I recall correctly, one of the last things the IVT rep mentioned was that they will only do it for free if you are having a problem. Otherwise you pay.

Peter
Thanks Peter, I just want my iPhone with the latest ios to work:)

Back