• Register Today It's free!

Hands free phone call problems

BadBoy

Reaction score
City, State
hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer
anyone else experiencing problem with there my touch system not transferring incoming calls to hands free.
Got a 2013 explorer with the my touch system and now when we get a call you have to switch back and forth to private and hands free for it to play in hands free mode. It's does this with both my iPhone 7 0plus and my wife's iPhone 6s

Took the explorer to the dealer they said they did a factory reset of the radio and it worked normal for about a week but now it's doing the same thing as before.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi BadBoy,

I'd like to help! Did the dealer check for software updates?

Shaay
I don't know they only said they tried a factory reset.
When we went back yesterday they said that it's the phone and that ford sync is not compatible with certain phones or it could be an update on the phone.
My response to them was are you telling me that ford hands free dosnt work right with the most sold phones in the world an iPhone.
And that it's doing it to my phone and my wife's phone and the wife last phone and only started recently it worked fine for the last couple years.
Also when we start the explorer sometimes the radio won't turn on to get it to turn on you have to use the voice command

Also I have no problems with the hands free in my brothers 2016 Ram2500 it works great or in my younger brothers 2015 Ford Edge and my iPhone 7plus work fine in my F-150 with my Alpine aftermarket radio

Thanks for the info! Can you please let me know the last 5 digits of the CCPU number in your vehicle? Select the GEAR icon then HELP. Choose SYSTEM INFORMATION, and you'll see the number on this screen.

Shaay

Thanks for the info! Can you please let me know the last 5 digits of the CCPU number in your vehicle? Select the GEAR icon then HELP. Choose SYSTEM INFORMATION, and you'll see the number on this screen.

Shaay

Will do but Right now the explorer is at the dealer they are changing the a/c evaporator won't get it back till tomorrow they said.

And thank you for helping me to figure out what's going on

And thank you for helping me to figure out what's going on
I'm guessing that this isn't on your 1992 Explorer. Time to update your profile or add a signature.:wave:

Peter

I'm guessing that this isn't on your 1992 Explorer. Time to update your profile or add a signature.:wave:

Peter
No it's not I now have a 2013 Ford Explorer

No it's not I now have a 2013 Ford Explorer
Thanks. Please also add the trim level (Base, XLT, etc.) so it shows in the margin.That can be useful info to have. Thanks.

Ok so just got off the phone with the dealer said they found a TSB update for the radio that they didn't see before and it seems to work now.
will see if that fixes the problem I hope it does.

Ok so just got off the phone with the dealer said they found a TSB update for the radio that they didn't see before and it seems to work now.
will see if that fixes the problem I hope it does.
Did they say what the TSB was?

I am having this same issue and am wondering if the TSB fixed the problem? I've tried just about everything I can think of, very frustrating.

Back