Remote Start 2011-2015 FORSCAN | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote Start 2011-2015 FORSCAN

After much fuss about cutting my 5 button keys at the dealer, I got my remote start activated today.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Damn. Nice. How much is hardware to set that up? At&t charge a recurring monthly fee?
You can get the RMU (cell module for RS) and VSS (vehicle security system) for around $330 for both. It's $50 per year and it gets billed through SoinDance. It's the company that runs the service basically, but the cell service is off AT&T. If that makes sense. You just don't pay AT&T directly.

Blehhh, denied this time to even attempt to program with Forscan. Got an error message after hitting the play button that battery voltage is too low. Expected voltage is 11.6V but actual is 10.4V. Guess that would explain why I randomlly cannot start the car with the remote start.

So with the car off (no OBD hooked up) I opened the hood and hooked up a multimeter to the battery. It read 12.35V. Ughhh, what's going on?
Start the car and do the programming.

OK. I read over the manual and it looks like you can change the battery pretty easy. Need to run the car, turn the a/c on. Then drive it a bit so it relearns everything. But there shouldn't be anything special or need to reset the BMS, correct?

If I take the battery to an auto parts store for them to test the battery it should fail, right?

I mean, don't complain if it passes. :)

BMS reset SHOULD be done with FORScan now that you have the tool. Otherwise it will reset if the car is left to sit undisturbed for I *think* 8 hours or so. It's been a while since I read the WSM. But since you have FORScan, just follow that service procedure to do it right.

Start the car and do the programming.
I was under the impression you could only do it with key on, engine off. I'll give it a shot tomorrow night with car on.
I mean, don't complain if it passes. :)

BMS reset SHOULD be done with FORScan now that you have the tool. Otherwise it will reset if the car is left to sit undisturbed for I *think* 8 hours or so. It's been a while since I read the WSM. But since you have FORScan, just follow that service procedure to do it right.

If we continue to have issues with remote start not working I'm going to assume it's the low battery voltage issue and just replace. Looks like $113 after promo code at Advance Auto for their Gold battery.

I was under the impression you could only do it with key on, engine off. I'll give it a shot tomorrow night with car on.

If we continue to have issues with remote start not working I'm going to assume it's the low battery voltage issue and just replace. Looks like $113 after promo code at Advance Auto for their Gold battery.
Some things you can program while the vehicle is running. It will tell you to turn the engine off key on if it requires it.

Remote start did not work this morning. Got in car and couldn't start it with the key either. Just clicked. Battery power was too low to turn it over. Had to jump it. I was in the car a total of maybe 15mins yesterday trying to get the OB2 bluetooth working. No way that should have sucked so much juice that it wouldn't start the car. Guess the low battery warning was legit. Ordered a new one from Advance this morning and will put it in tonight.

Remote start did not work this morning. Got in car and couldn't start it with the key either. Just clicked. Battery power was too low to turn it over. Had to jump it. I was in the car a total of maybe 15mins yesterday trying to get the OB2 bluetooth working. No way that should have sucked so much juice that it wouldn't start the car. Guess the low battery warning was legit. Ordered a new one from Advance this morning and will put it in tonight.
I've gone with that warning for more than 2 years on both of my previous vehicles. I just throw the trickle charger on it for 8-10 hours and it was good for another 3 weeks or so. Never failed to start though.

Peter

I've gone with that warning for more than 2 years on both of my previous vehicles. I just throw the trickle charger on it for 8-10 hours and it was good for another 3 weeks or so. Never failed to start though.

Peter
Where did you see low batt warning? I've had problems having remote start work and according to the manual that was a likely culprit knowing what I know now. The low batt warning I saw for the first time and that was in FORScan. Does the car itself indicate low battery somewhere?

OK. New battery in and reset in BMS. Climate control seats activated. Navigation while moving activated. Any other cool changes recommended?

OK. New battery in and reset in BMS. Climate control seats activated. Navigation while moving activated. Any other cool changes recommended?
You realize you disabled a feature when you enabled the nav in motion right?

Sirius Travel Link.
Well, my wifes 3 month subscription when we bought the car expired and she has no plans to have Sirius anyway. So I guess it doesn't matter.

But I would like to know why nav in motion is tied to Sirius Travel Link? What does one have to do with the other?

Well, my wifes 3 month subscription when we bought the car expired and she has no plans to have Sirius anyway. So I guess it doesn't matter.

But I would like to know why nav in motion is tied to Sirius Travel Link? What does one have to do with the other?
Yeah but occasionally they give it for free. Then you'd have traffic info on a route. It's locked out in the US because it's against the law to input text on devices in most areas. In other countries they don't have such restrictions nor do they have Sirius. You changed the region code to bypass the restriction.

Good to know. Thanks Exploder82. I think my wife primarily uses Waze anyway so really this whole nav thing is moot.

I'm reading over teh New Forscan Update thread. I'm interested in Global Close/Open. It looks like a guy with a '16 got it working but I can't find confirmation that it would work in a '14. Has anyone had success?

Good to know. Thanks Exploder82. I think my wife primarily uses Waze anyway so really this whole nav thing is moot.

I'm reading over teh New Forscan Update thread. I'm interested in Global Close/Open. It looks like a guy with a '16 got it working but I can't find confirmation that it would work in a '14. Has anyone had success?
It won't work on the 14. I've tried.

Awesome. Thanks so much. I will try this out on Saturday when the OBDLink MX arrives. I'll let you know how it goes.

Hmm, can't access any modules. It's just saying i need an extended license for everything...???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hmm, can't access any modules. It's just saying i need an extended license for everything...???
Well yeah. Go on forscan.org and look for the instructions on the extended license. It's free and simple.

Back