How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
Hey all, I have forscan with an extended license. I just tried it for the first time and cannot locate in the program where to change settings. I am trying to disable dark mode with the lighting in my 14' PIU.

20170119_105155.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey all, I have forscan with an extended license. I just tried it for the first time and cannot locate in the program where to change settings. I am trying to disable dark mode with the lighting in my 14' PIU.

View attachment 95083
I didn't pay attention. Sorry. In the left column 3rd from bottom, the computer chip looking icon select that then choose the BCM option that doesn't say As Built Configuration. It's a built in option.

I am able to confirm that I was able to use nav while driving in my 16 sport with the code above. Not sure because traffic usually wasn't listed in the area I live, but I don't think it lists it anymore. I will confirm next time I go to the city (I don't go there often but will update when I know for sure). I rather be able to use nav anyway.

7D0-02-01: 5553-0104-E46B to 5753-xxxx-xxxx
change from 5553 to 5753 do enable Nav in-motion, but removes Siruis Travel Link menu on Information screen (i button).

I have already posted on other thread that upgrading to SYNC 3.8 removes Sirius Travel Link menu on most canadian vehicles, but I found on F-150 doc file how to bring it back:
APIM 7D0-01-02 xxxx xxxx x*x.. I changed * to A (I dont have Multi-Contour Seats, othervise it must be B).
I did the change and Siruis Travel Link menu has returned.
Then I decided to enable Nav in-motion
APIM 7D0-02-01 **** xxxx xxxx, I changed **** (in Canada we have 4341, which is Country code) to 5753 (actually 5552 does the same, I checked) and after that I was able to use Nav in-motion, but Sirius Travel Link is now gone.

If anyone interested, I did it on my MY12 Explorer (Canada):

1. Enabling equalizer in Sound Meny (adds Off, Rock, Pop, Classic, Voice):
APIM 7D0-01-02 xxxx x*xx xxxx, * change to 8 (I did it on both '12 Focus and '12 Explorer, it works)

2. Activating equalizer in radio module itself (ACM):
ACM 727-01-02 x*xx, * change to values from 1 to F (people from russian forum telling either 7 or 9 are the best). I entered 9.
0=EQ Selection #0, 1=EQ Selection #1, 2=EQ Selection #2, 3=EQ Selection #3, 4=EQ Selection #4, 5=EQ Selection #5, 6=EQ Selection #6, 7=EQ Selection #7, 8=EQ Selection #8, 9=EQ Selection #9, A=EQ Selection #10, B=EQ Selection #11, C=EQ Selection #12, D=EQ Selection #13, E=EQ Selection #14, F=EQ Selection #15

3. Enabling soft HD Radio button (doesnt work unless ACM with HD receiver is installed, I'm planing to replace mine):
APIM 7D0-01-01 xxxx x..* xxxx, * change to 3

hen I was doing my remote start, I couldn't find some of these. For instance, I have 720-01-01, but no 720-01-02. In fact, anything that was x..-XX-02 or -03, didn't exist. Are these MS Can? My cable doesn't do MS Can.

hen I was doing my remote start, I couldn't find some of these. For instance, I have 720-01-01, but no 720-01-02. In fact, anything that was x..-XX-02 or -03, didn't exist. Are these MS Can? My cable doesn't do MS Can.

You need an OBD reader than can access MSCAN.

Looks like the setting in 726-30-01 also needs to be changed on the 2017 to 0101 0000 0061 to enable global close. Global open/close and reverse mirror tilt are now working on my 2016!

I'm working on a spreadsheet with confirmed settings based on Livinitup's spreadsheet.

https://www.icloud.com/numbers/0AtiYU-yJ4Nrfyfuzp-Mi0l8A#AsBuiltData_2016_Explorer

I'm looking to enable global close on my 2017 Explorer Platinum, already having global open factory-enabled. It doesn't make any sense to me to have global open without also having global close. I tried the below - having referenced this, the above posts, and the linked spreadsheet - and please need some additional review:
  • BCM 726-17-01 : Was factory set to 0000 0000 0045 . I assume this is the global close? Changed this to 0101 0101 014A .
  • BCM 726-17-02 : Already was set to 0101 0101 014B . I assume this is the global open.
  • BCM 726-30-01 : Was factory set to 0003 0000 0061 . Using x*x*, guessing the first * is global close, and the second is global open? Changed this to 0303 0000 0064.
  • DDM 740-05-01 : Was factory set to 9A00 E7 . The spreadsheet says to have "1=Disabled, D=Enabled" for *xxxx - so my current setting don't match either here.
  • PDM 741-05-01 : Was factory set to 9A00 E8 . Same as above.
As-is, I've already changed the 3 BCM parameters, but have not yet touched the DDM or PDM ones - and do not yet have global close working, nor have I observed any other change in functionality.

Do I need the DDM and PDM settings? ("Driver Door Module" and "Passenger Door Module", so I suppose so.) If so, are there specific bits (binary) that I need to append or remove from the 1st nibble here? 0x9 = 0b1001, and 0xD = 0b1101. So I'm thinking 0xD will effectively just OR (add) the 0b0100 here (to the 0x9 I already have), and probably for the same rationale as the above - where the first bit is maybe for "global open" (already enabled), and the second bit is maybe for the "global close" that I'm looking to enable?

Both front windows (driver and passenger) are auto-open/auto-close ("one touch"), so they should have the proper hardware for this - correct?

Edit: Attempted the DDM and PDM settings as well (as noted above), and now my global close is working as well. Realized it is a bit tedious to test, though - even just with the global open. There seems to be a delay during which the global open/close doesn't work since using it last.

I'm looking to enable global close on my 2017 Explorer Platinum, already having global open factory-enabled. It doesn't make any sense to me to have global open without also having global close. I tried the below - having referenced this, the above posts, and the linked spreadsheet - and please need some additional review:
  • BCM 726-17-01 : Was factory set to 0000 0000 0045 . I assume this is the global close? Changed this to 0101 0101 014A .
  • BCM 726-17-02 : Already was set to 0101 0101 014B . I assume this is the global open.
  • BCM 726-30-01 : Was factory set to 0003 0000 0061 . Using x*x*, guessing the first * is global close, and the second is global open? Changed this to 0303 0000 0064.
  • DDM 740-05-01 : Was factory set to 9A00 E7 . The spreadsheet says to have "1=Disabled, D=Enabled" for *xxxx - so my current setting don't match either here.
  • PDM 741-05-01 : Was factory set to 9A00 E8 . Same as above.
As-is, I've already changed the 3 BCM parameters, but have not yet touched the DDM or PDM ones - and do not yet have global close working, nor have I observed any other change in functionality.

Do I need the DDM and PDM settings? ("Driver Door Module" and "Passenger Door Module", so I suppose so.) If so, are there specific bits (binary) that I need to append or remove from the 1st nibble here? 0x9 = 0b1001, and 0xD = 0b1101. So I'm thinking 0xD will effectively just OR (add) the 0b0100 here (to the 0x9 I already have), and probably for the same rationale as the above - where the first bit is maybe for "global open" (already enabled), and the second bit is maybe for the "global close" that I'm looking to enable?

Both front windows (driver and passenger) are auto-open/auto-close ("one touch"), so they should have the proper hardware for this - correct?

Edit: Attempted the DDM and PDM settings as well (as noted above), and now my global close is working as well. Realized it is a bit tedious to test, though - even just with the global open. There seems to be a delay during which the global open/close doesn't work since using it last.

You are correct and I've updated the spreadsheet with notes. One more thing to note, the last two digits, ex. 45,4B,61,E7,E8 are a checksum so I don't include these in the spreadsheet. Forscan will give a warning but will always calculate and write the correct digits.

Does your moonroof vent when you use global open? I am still trying to figure out how to enable this on my 2016.

Does anyone know if we can enable the Engine Hour Meter in the IPC, and how to do that?

Does anyone know if we can enable the Engine Hour Meter in the IPC, and how to do that?
IIRC, forscan has it as a selectable option to enable/disable.
Time to get yourself an OBD reader (I highly recommend the OBDlink MX) and enjoy other features.

Just did the nav over ride and fogs on with high beams in the sport and f1. Commanded the ac compressor run time a little longer as well.

IIRC, forscan has it as a selectable option to enable/disable.
Time to get yourself an OBD reader (I highly recommend the OBDlink MX) and enjoy other features.

I have the necessary cable. It's not a selectable option, unfortunately.

IMG_20170310_144647.jpg

Commanded the ac compressor run time a little longer as well.

Would you please elaborate a little about it? How did you do it & what effect does it have?

Would you please elaborate a little about it? How did you do it & what effect does it have?

Looks like the comp command didn't stick. Might be a bug to be worked out in beta.

Commanding the ac compressor run times a little longer really chills the ac down. I had to use IDS on my f1 when I did it.

Does anyone know if Forscan can program an additional key if we lost 1 of the 2?

I just happen to come across this thread today. I was checking out this Forscan the other day this thread has bunch of great info about it. I was wonder what a good OBDII USB cable to use with a PC and this Forscan. I see Amazon has a whole bunch of them. What do most who use it recommend for the cable to use.

TIA

Does anyone know if Forscan can program an additional key if we lost 1 of the 2?

Yes. There's a good write up on the forscan forums about it. You can delete keys programmed to the vehicle as well.

I just happen to come across this thread today. I was checking out this Forscan the other day this thread has bunch of great info about it. I was wonder what a good OBDII USB cable to use with a PC and this Forscan. I see Amazon has a whole bunch of them. What do most who use it recommend for the cable to use.

TIA

Get something with an ms switch

This is what I use. Be careful with some of the $15 and under ones. They seem to be hit or miss if they work or not.

This is what I have.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01F0GVBWY/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was looking at that same one yesterday what is the MS Switch for exactly?

I was looking at that same one yesterday what is the MS Switch for exactly?
Hope this helps: forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4

Essentially, the ELM327 device originally works with a different protocol, HS-CAN. However, Ford has their propetary MS CAN protocol and that includes different wiring on their OBD II port. You need an ELM327 programmer that has this switch to be able to switch over to MS-CAN. You also need to ensure the device has the necessary sofrware support/ drivers/ instruction set to interface with the cars modules. A bad quality knock off might not support all instructions so it might be useless for module reading or programming so choose one that works wisely, and try to avoid knockoffs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanks that explains it quite nicely and thanks for the link. I will get that cable adapter that One2Nine above referred too has the switch in it.

Back