Remote Start 2011-2015 FORSCAN | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote Start 2011-2015 FORSCAN

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for your help! Bought refurbished 5 button key for $60. Ace Hardware cut the key for free, said they couldn't guarantee key working since they didn't sell it. It worked fine after programming the key. Used the OBDLink MX since I have Apple IOS.

Thanks for your help! Bought refurbished 5 button key for $60. Ace Hardware cut the key for free, said they couldn't guarantee key since they didn't sell it. It worked fine after programming the key. Used OBDLink MX since I have Apple IOS. Do the heated seats come on only when it is cold?
I'm not sure what iOS has to do with programming your remote start. They come on when set to auto at 32 degrees or below. If set to last setting then whatever the last setting is on it will be on that setting when remote started.

If you want the heated/cooled option items to come on with remote start, then the Climate Control setting in the left info display should be "Auto". Check your Manual, it is mentioned in there along with the temperature ranges in which it will work.

Peter

I got the wi-fi version OBD v bluetooth so I can use it with iPhone app.

Ok done. Used @Exploder82 s instructions in FORscan and it works beautifully in my 2013 Explorer XLT. Also enabled daytime running lights.

I'm so happy right now. This saved me probably $400 I'm guessing.

I have a standard oil change appointment at my dealership on Monday. I put in the email i wanted them to enable the remote start too (before i decided to do it myself). I might see what they say if i ask how much it would cost to have it done, for poops and giggles.

I'm genuinely curious to know if they know it's possible without any hardware additions. I've heard not a lot of techs know about this, or at least are willing to admit they know.

I got the wi-fi version OBD v bluetooth so I can use it with iPhone app.
That's what I figured you'd meant. I'd be careful using he wifi version as it's not as stable as the Bluetooth version. I just returned my wifi version because it dropped so many connections.
Ok done. Used @Exploder82 s instructions in FORscan and it works beautifully in my 2013 Explorer XLT. Also enabled daytime running lights.

I have a standard oil change appointment at my dealership on Monday. I put in the email i wanted them to enable the remote start too (before i decided to do it myself). I might see what they say if i ask how much it would cost to have it done, for poops and giggles.

I'm genuinely curious to know if they know it's possible without any hardware additions. I've heard not a lot of techs know about this, or at least are willing to admit they know.
Yeah it saved at least $300 for sure. Glad you got it working. You can PayPal half that lol.

So, at the dealership now and they quoted $499 for the "Ford System" installed. I asked if that is the only option they offer, and he said that's the cheapest. He asked if its something I was interested in, and I said no, I just enabled the system already in the car myself, so didn't need it anymore. He changed the subject. Either he knew what I meant, or just moved on as I said I wasn't interested. Either way, I did indeed save $300.

So, at the dealership now and they quoted $499 for the "Ford System" installed. I asked if that is the only option they offer, and he said that's the cheapest. He asked if its something I was interested in, and I said no, I just enabled the system already in the car myself, so didn't need it anymore. He changed the subject. Either he knew what I meant, or just moved on as I said I wasn't interested. Either way, I did indeed save $300.
What a rip. Just to turn it on and cut and program a key. Not like they are adding any hardware.

What a rip. Just to turn it on and cut and program a key. Not like they are adding any hardware.
Most likely included the antenna, but still way overpriced.

Do you think this will work with a Ford Police Interceptor Utility?

Do you think this will work with a Ford Police Interceptor Utility?
@jmr061 knows more about the PI Utility than I do, but yes it will work. Probably need to buy a hood switch if it doesn't have one and it will work if it has factory keyless entry. Maybe he can correct me in anything I'm wrong on. You would need to use the code for no heated steering wheel and no heated seats. C8F3 in IPC settings.

So I installed the hood switch today. Purchased the DS7Z-15K601-F transmitter as well.

In BCM I was able to change 726-19-01 to 0148
and in IPC I am unable to change to C8F3 --- on the Ford Taurus forums I found 720-01-03 is changed to 90E8 00CB A2 for the Taurus PI - so I took the risk and tried that, checksum became E6 and now Remote Start shows up in my dash settings. There is a DTC error in IPC though - so not a success. The previous setting at 720-01-03 is 808A 0000 35

However I'm unable to program the 15K601 transmitter. The instructions I'm using from http://www.levittownfordparts.com/docs/2013-2015_Scalable_Kit_Car_1-8-2015 (1).pdf
are:

1 Start with doors unlocked
2 Driver's door open (remaining open throughout)
3 Verify that the gearshift lever is in the "PARK" position.
4 Depress and hold brake pedal.
5 Start with ignition key OFF.
6 Cycle ignition key to the ON then OFF position 5 times, then back to the ON position a 6th time. ▪ The horn will honk 3 times to indicate transmitter learn mode access.
7 Press the START button on each transmitter you wish to program. The horn will honk 1 time each time the START button is pressed to indicated the transmitter has been learned.
8 Cycle ignition key to the OFF position to exit transmitter learn mode.
9 NOTE: If the security jumper is installed the vehicle security features are disabled. If previously removed, reinstall the VSS module security jumper. For additional information, refer to "VSS Module - Optional Vehicle Security Features".

I'm going to go try to verify that the jumper is not installed in the VSS Module to rule that out now.

So I installed the hood switch today. Purchased the DS7Z-15K601-F transmitter as well.

In BCM I was able to change 726-19-01 to 0148
and in IPC I am unable to change to C8F3 --- on the Ford Taurus forums I found 720-01-03 is changed to 90E8 00CB A2 for the Taurus PI - so I took the risk and tried that, checksum became E6 and now Remote Start shows up in my dash settings. There is a DTC error in IPC though - so not a success. The previous setting at 720-01-03 is 808A 0000 35

However I'm unable to program the 15K601 transmitter. The instructions I'm using from http://www.levittownfordparts.com/docs/2013-2015_Scalable_Kit_Car_1-8-2015 (1).pdf
are:

1 Start with doors unlocked
2 Driver's door open (remaining open throughout)
3 Verify that the gearshift lever is in the "PARK" position.
4 Depress and hold brake pedal.
5 Start with ignition key OFF.
6 Cycle ignition key to the ON then OFF position 5 times, then back to the ON position a 6th time. ▪ The horn will honk 3 times to indicate transmitter learn mode access.
7 Press the START button on each transmitter you wish to program. The horn will honk 1 time each time the START button is pressed to indicated the transmitter has been learned.
8 Cycle ignition key to the OFF position to exit transmitter learn mode.
9 NOTE: If the security jumper is installed the vehicle security features are disabled. If previously removed, reinstall the VSS module security jumper. For additional information, refer to "VSS Module - Optional Vehicle Security Features".

I'm going to go try to verify that the jumper is not installed in the VSS Module to rule that out now.
It probably won't program because all you have there is a VSS and the long range transmitter. You didn't get the long range antenna. Those are about $50.

Can I use Forscan to enable/re-enable the remote start for a PIU if the dealer already activated keyless entry and aux? I would hate to loose my keyless entry and aux button. My dealer supposedly enabled remote start and I have the remote start options in the options but the car does not start via the remote. I do have the hood pin installed.

So let me see if I understand this correctly.

1. I connect to/read my vehicle with Forscan.
2. Click on the microchip button on the left.
3. Click on BCM (AS BUILT format) and go to 726-19-01 and change it to 0148.
4. Go to IPC and change 720-01-03 to C8F3 because I have a 2014 Utility.
5. Write to the car

Is that it? Seems way more simpler than I would imagine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back