Isaac's 95 Eddie Bauer 4x4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Isaac's 95 Eddie Bauer 4x4

Let's try this again lol, hello, sorta new here.

Recently got an explorer in November of 2016!
0C5259ED-C1EA-4FE8-8507-40F4C689135E.JPG

Only $700, the brakes were basically shot.. but other than a few cosmetic things it's perfect! And only had 152,211 Miles on the Odometer when we purchased it!
IMG_0252.JPG

IMG_0258.JPG

IMG_0850.JPG

I will be posting more so let me know what you guys think!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you know how to properly upload them and also change profile pic?
You can host them and then link them. Imgur is a viable option. I don't think you can upload/change profile unless you pay the yearly

Sweet!!! Well here's an update.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to paint the grille. And the same day I decided to buy a headlight restoration kit at o'Reilly, and it really worked well!

Let's get to it!
IMG_0462.JPG

To start I popped the hood and well obviously removed the grille, just took a few screws that were 7 or 8 mm
IMG_0464.JPG

I also removed the headlamps. I was going to try to remove the condensation but decided to give up. Anyway I taped it up and sprayed it with matte black paint. Didn't take too long to dry and before I knew it I had it back on!
IMG_0465.JPG

I love it way more than that old crappy faded gray before
IMG_0473.JPG

I also did the headlights and like I said they made a pretty good difference, I'm not planning on keeping them so this was temporary for now
Also I got word that my lights came in the mail, so I will make sure to install them and post the installation when I get the chance!

So a couple days ago, I installed these Foglights, let me know what you think
IMG_0540.JPG

IMG_0553.JPG

Not an Elite member just yet but I do want to know how you painted your Washer Fluid and Radiator caps and kept the letters yellow. That looks awesome. Making Ideas just flow in my head :) I will be painting my valve covers and the intake when I get to taking my engine apart to fix. I have always liked having the engine look good with paint and what have ya. Just being different.

Well, I first took it off and just sprayed it the desired color, and then(this is what I do) I then got a piece of thin bark wood, which was kinda springy and hairy at the tip, and just used that as a paint brush and painted in the letters very precisely, it's worth it in the end.
Not an Elite member just yet but I do want to know how you painted your Washer Fluid and Radiator caps and kept the letters yellow. That looks awesome. Making Ideas just flow in my head :) I will be painting my valve covers and the intake when I get to taking my engine apart to fix. I have always liked having the engine look good with paint and what have ya. Just being different.

Well, I first took it off and just sprayed it the desired color, and then(this is what I do) I then got a piece of thin bark wood, which was kinda springy and hairy at the tip, and just used that as a paint brush and painted in the letters very precisely, it's worth it in the end.

Yes it is. I am gonna have to try and post up the results when I get it done. Thank you sir.

Update! Haven't updated in a while but here we go! So I've done quite a bit.
Last week I ordered a "limited edition grille" but when it came it it didn't turn out to be what is showed. But I painted it matte black and slapped it on anyway
IMG_0692.JPG

I also remove th skirts and painted the under either where the hole were black
IMG_0715.JPG

After
IMG_0708.JPG
Before
Also, before I did paint the door molding brown but I screw up painting the hole thing so it's not brown anymore but it will be painted again
IMG_0689.JPG

You can kinda see
Please let me know what you think and of anymore ideas

I think it looks great. I got to talk with my daughter about hers and get the tupperware off of hers. She has a 96 XLT.

Haven't updated in a while this is how she sits
IMG_1170.JPG
IMG_1172.JPG
IMG_1234.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm gonna re wrap my steering wheel soon, already removed the leather, gonna use chrisfix's video for the help
IMG_1235.JPG
IMG_1236.JPG

Back