iPhone USB only works 10-15 minutes | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

iPhone USB only works 10-15 minutes

It might tell you on the software update page in settings menu, but I don't remember. I logged into my account on owner.ford.com and it tells me there what version I have and if any updates are available.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sync 3 v2.2? I'm on v2.0 and it says I have the latest version according to owner.ford.com.
Yes, v2.2. Hasn't been officially released yet.

With MFT there was a screen you could go to and see which software version you had loaded. Is there a similar option with Sync 3? I've tried going to various screens but haven't found it if there is one.

Peter
What Chris-74 said. It tells you in settings, update...... somewhere can't remember off the top of my head.

Thanks guys. Found it. I don't know how I missed that yesterday. Settings/General/About Sync
It also shows V2.0 As for the Account info, I don't rely on that too much. Too many owners have been told they are up to date when in fact they were not.
Appreciate the help.

Peter

Good news, appears that my volume levels stayed the same on both BT audio and my ringer.

Good news, appears that my volume levels stayed the same on both BT audio and my ringer.
I'm still getting this in my v2.2 Focus, also in our 2.0 Explorer. Just read on the F-150 forum of a possible fix/work around. On your iPhone go to settings, sound and turn off "change with buttons" under ringer and alerts. Will update.

Yeah, unfortunately I just got lucky the first couple of times--ringer still blares...

I read about that workaround too and someone else posted that it was effective. That's a pretty crappy workaround, though.

It'd be nice if Ford would fix this bug, especially since the other threads are littered with posts from @FordService about herding customers into their respective dealers for mechanical issues. Just a confirmation it's being worked on, known issue, anything, from either them or IVT.

I'm still getting this in my v2.2 Focus, also in our 2.0 Explorer. Just read on the F-150 forum of a possible fix/work around. On your iPhone go to settings, sound and turn off "change with buttons" under ringer and alerts. Will update.

This "fix" works for not setting the ringer to full blast, but now the "volume" is set to full blast. I'm not sure which volume that is for, I don't use my phone for much listening to anything other than calls.

Well, guess what, problem SOLVED. Finally.

@jmr061, hero that he continues to be in my automotive life, got me hooked up with Sync 3's latest upgrade to 2.2. Every issue fixed. AppLink? Fixed. USB usage? Completely stable. Everything with AppLink is even faster than when it was fully working to begin with.

So, great shoutout to Ford on this one--for making this far more difficult than it had to be.

I pinged the IVT team on this forum, they didn't have much to offer. Called IVT team on the phone? Not much help there either. Went to my dealer, my technician takes a shot in the dark based on research and experience of others, replaces the hub. That doesn't work.

Could anyone just say, "oh, wait until the next update in a month, you'll be fine?"

Nope. Not a one. So, i'm glad this works again. But it pisses me off that it took this long to get here, nobody could call it out to be a software problem when I asked, nor could anyone say that an update was on the way.

Sorry to be angry, but this ball was dropped so many times by Ford CS it isn't even funny. And it really dampens the entire experience of the car when you're fighting the technology more than you are enjoying it.

Did you upgrade from v2.0 to v2.2 or v1.0 to v2.2?

There is instruction that says:
IF YOU USE THIS ON ANYTHING OTHER THAN 1.0/1.1 YOU WILL RUIN YOUR UNIT...YOU WERE WARNED

2.x to the latest.

I have taken APIMs from 1.x to 2.x without incident too, for the record.

Back