Ordering a New 2017 Ford Explorer Limited | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordering a New 2017 Ford Explorer Limited

Thanks Peter! Glad to be here. Yes, still waiting for the VIN. I have an order number and a dealer code from my dealer, but all the sites I check say no vehicle found. :(
It'll keep saying that till it's serialized, and that can take couple weeks. Mine took 3 weeks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you order crossbars for the vehicle Fetch? This is what is shown for your vehicle on ETIS; Auxillary Roof Rack Crossbars

Peter

Yes we did.
Thanks for the reply. For some reason I thought they were a dealer only install. Curious to know if they will come installed from the factory or if the dealer will do that.

Peter

Thanks for the reply. For some reason I thought they were a dealer only install. Curious to know if they will come installed from the factory or if the dealer will do that.

Peter
I ordered mine with the rails, also with the all-weather mats. I would be surprised if they didn't come in the back and the dealer has to do it, but that's pure speculation on my part. I'll have to ask if it ever arrives :rant:

I ordered mine with the rails, also with the all-weather mats. I would be surprised if they didn't come in the back and the dealer has to do it, but that's pure speculation on my part. I'll have to ask if it ever arrives :rant:
Mine had the 'All Weather' mats in it and I traded them for the OEM cargo liner and then installed the Husky floor liners. Being in Ontario, I think those Husky liners will perform better than the OEM ones. Much more coverage.

Peter

Husky.JPG

Husky2.JPG

Peter
Mine had the 'All Weather' mats in it and I traded them for the OEM cargo liner and then installed the Husky floor liners. Being in Ontario, I think those Husky liners will perform better than the OEM ones. Much more coverage.

Peter

View attachment 96693

View attachment 96694
Those look quite similar to the tray style ones I noticed online today through Ford (not sure why they don't show up when you're configuring the darn thing online, I would have bought them instead)

http://accessories.ford.ca/interior/floor-mats/kit-floor-contour-mat-11512.html

You'll notice that the Husky front liners cover the carpeted area over to the door sill and the entire foot rest. Something that not even WeatherTech does.

Those look quite similar to the tray style ones I noticed online today through Ford (not sure why they don't show up when you're configuring the darn thing online, I would have bought them instead)

http://accessories.ford.ca/interior/floor-mats/kit-floor-contour-mat-11512.html

For the record I'm also in Ontario, but not in the "snow (<- should have been snow-belt but got cut off)
You'll notice that the Husky front liners cover the carpeted area over to the door sill and the entire foot rest. Something that not even WeatherTech does.
Is the cargo liner rigid? I wonder how easily you can roll it or set it aside if you need to make use of the third row seating. I like the cargo liner because we have two big dogs, but I also may end up needing the seats for human passengers...

We got the cargo-liner included in the deal for free, and although it'll do fine for our use, i doubt it's thick and strong enough for dogs. You need much heavier material then fords liner is made of.

We got the cargo-liner included in the deal for free, and although it'll do fine for our use, i doubt it's thick and strong enough for dogs
Is it a hard shell or soft like floor mats? Doesn't need to be too strong, we keep their nails pretty well clipped. I'm more concerned about the dog hair. Haha guess this is a bit off topic :drunk:

Not soft like floor mats, but It's thin and flimsy. Not a hard shell at all. It looks tougher and sturdier in pictures then it is. I believe the dogs nails, trimmed or not, will make a mess of it in a hurry. Ask the dealer if they'll bring one in for you to look at with no obligation to buy.

For the record I'm also in Ontario, but not in the "snow (<- should have been snow-belt but got cut off)

Is the cargo liner rigid? I wonder how easily you can roll it or set it aside if you need to make use of the third row seating. I like the cargo liner because we have two big dogs, but I also may end up needing the seats for human passengers...
The liner is quite flexible. In fact it comes rolled up in a shipping box. Although I haven't done it, others have said it easily rolls up and can be stored in the rear of the Explorer. My heaviest dog is around 37-39 pounds and has not left as much as a scratch on the liner. She was initially 64 pounds when I got her from the rescue organization.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/floor-mats-liners-cargo-mats.377712/

Peter

The liner is quite flexible. In fact it comes rolled up in a shipping box. Although I haven't done it, others have said it easily rolls up and can be stored in the rear of the Explorer. My heaviest dog is around 37-39 pounds and has not left as much as a scratch on the liner. She was initially 64 pounds when I got her from the rescue organization.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/floor-mats-liners-cargo-mats.377712/

Peter
We have a 50 lb border collie and a 60 lb golden retriever, both of whom leave more hair than you'd think is possible... they don't tend to scratch things up though. I like that the OEM liner says "Explorer"... I know it's dorky but I really like factory parts for that reason. My main concern is keeping dog hair off the carpet. I have to say I love how helpful you guys all are, this forum is great! Thanks so much to everyone for making this such a great and welcoming experience for my first Ford.

We have a 50 lb border collie and a 60 lb golden retriever, both of whom leave more hair than you'd think is possible...
Speaking about hair, one thing I found out the hard way is don't put your rear windows down after just picking the dogs up from the groomer! ;)

Peter

Peter
I believe the dealer installed mine even though factory ordered them..., they also installed mud flaps even though factory ordered them as well....

So wait... the online guide for cotus says that once you have a VIN the vehicle is scheduled for production... but I don't see a scheduled build date in cotus (upper left hand corner is where it says it should be). Am I missing something?

Chase: good luck picking up your truck today, post pics if you can :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back