• Register Today It's free!

Can it be reprogramed?

Mattre69

Reaction score
City, State
Connersville, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Just got my first Explorer. It's got a lot of miles, but the body and interior is in great shape and it drives good. It's of course got a manifold leak which I've been reading about. My question is, can I get a programmer or chip to reprogram how it shifts and kicks down? I know it's typical Ford that it seems like it revs too high before it shifts and then kicks down too easily before using some of that V8 torque. Also, for what 290hp it doesn't seem as spry as I though it would. Don't get me wrong it does run good but just not as peppy as I envisioned.

Thanks
Matt

Just got my first Explorer. It's got a lot of miles, but the body and interior is in great shape and it drives good. It's of course got a manifold leak which I've been reading about. My question is, can I get a programmer or chip to reprogram how it shifts and kicks down? I know it's typical Ford that it seems like it revs too high before it shifts and then kicks down too easily before using some of that V8 torque. Also, for what 290hp it doesn't seem as spry as I though it would. Don't get me wrong it does run good but just not as peppy as I envisioned.

Thanks
Matt
Yes there are a few tuners that work with these vehicles.

Contact Torrie at UnleashedTuning.com. He's been tuning all makes of Fords for years. He can sell you an SCT tuner with custom tunes for your Explorer. His customer service is outstanding!

Contact Torrie at UnleashedTuning.com. He's been tuning all makes of Fords for years. He can sell you an SCT tuner with custom tunes for your Explorer. His customer service is outstanding!
That's good, I just happen to have an old SCT tuner that I bought some time ago for my 98 F150. So, all I need is a custom tune from Torrie.

Back