Modifying My New 2017 Ford Explorer Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Modifying My New 2017 Ford Explorer Limited

Fetch

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Limited
3 months exactly from order date to delivery date. Not to shabby.

Beauty
8318019_10158576942615627_1062219429_o_zpsm6kaybsr.jpg

18297090_10158576942660627_518023534_o_zpstzqxbn2z.jpg

Now to the tear down. Buh Bye chrome.
-Trim pieces going for black paint
-Door handles will be white
-Mirrors might get wrapped in black, undecided.
-Grill will get a black/white combo design
-roof will get black vinyl wrap, will extend down to bottom of window line all the way around(Range rover style)
-Wheels off to get powder coated.
-Tail lights off to get tint

8236505_10158576922235627_1536345158_o_zpssybiz9cp.jpg

8296913_10158580655965627_1415483369_o_zpshlgeagxi.jpg

18260830_10158577008925627_433637555_o_zpsfp9uezn6.jpg

18308650_10158580656035627_590078925_n_zpsfqnltn2u.jpg

Once everything is back together, they will:
-Install 3m paint protection
-Tint windows
-Install splash guards
-Install Husky liners
-Might upgrade light bulbs

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That must be costing you a small fortune... it'll look great when done though. I saw an explorer with all body coloured trim, thought it was a package I didn't know about... I guess they did something similar. Love to see pics when it's all done

Yah not cheap but there gonna put it under the financing so I'll hardly see it. Should be all done end of next week.

Awesome build! Same color combo as mine so I am very interested in your progress!!

Are you going to do anything with the 'limited' and '4wd' emblems?

Ouch, rolling the cost of mods into the payments...LOL

Ouch, rolling the cost of mods into the payments...LOL

Its very common now days. With that being said, I would never do it.

So what did gap insurance run you then?

Not sure what you mean
With the cost of mods and factoring in depreciation, you are likely underwater with your loan, thus why he mentioned gap insurance; so that you will get the full replacement cost; should your vehicle end up being written off.

It's all being done by the dealer, which I have an great working relationship with. I'm not worried. It's only a couple grand so no big deal.

Dang, I was hoping for progress/completion pics!

Hmm, looks pretty good. The roof would have to grow on me. Also, that grill needs painted black to flow better. Overall, nice job, especially the oval emblems being white and black!

Looks good! Did you wrap the entire roof top? I noticed you didn't wrap the bottom of the spoiler do you wish you would have? I'm thinking of getting my roof wrapped just not all the way down to the bottom of the windows line.

Not being a fan of too much black, I think the grille really looks great and sets it off better. If all black. it would just sort of fade into the background instead of being a 'focal point'. There is another member that had the roof done as well. I think they could have cleaned up the tires a bit for the photos.;)

Peter

Not being a fan of too much black, I think the grille really looks great and sets it off better. If all black. it would just sort of fade into the background instead of being a 'focal point'. There is another member that had the roof done as well. I think they could have cleaned up the tires a bit for the photos.;)

Peter

A black grille would be a focal point, since he switched to a white background emblem. Its the only silver on the vehicle since he had the silver bumper portions painted or wrapped black. Only other option would be a white grille if black is out of the question.

Fetch, dont take my opinion wrong, either way it looks great and very unique. Nice job!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

@Fetch... Looks great! I'm sure you have been anxiously waiting... Enjoy!

Back