Just Ordered my 2017 Explorer Limited | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just Ordered my 2017 Explorer Limited

It could be in that state for days or weeks for various reasons. Explorers are gathered at large lots awaiting railcars that are not always available. Also they may hold them until there are enough to load and ship to a common off loading site.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...atinum-for-my-wife.459304/page-3#post-3615146

Peter
It was built on the 7th (5th listed on the window sticker)... I rather hoped I'd have it by now! I'm running in the Ottawa Half Marathon next weekend... fingers crossed I have it for that at least.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It was built on the 7th (5th listed on the window sticker)... I rather hoped I'd have it by now! I'm running in the Ottawa Half Marathon next weekend... fingers crossed I have it for that at least.
Good luck in the Half Marathon. This weekend is supposed to be all rain so I hope next weekend will be a bit better.

Peter

Good luck in the Half Marathon. This weekend is supposed to be all rain so I hope next weekend will be a bit better.

Peter
You and me both! If it's pouring guess who will be in the hotel bar all day *this guy*

Cotus says delivered as of yesterday, but my dealer doesn't have it... has anyone else come across this issue?

Cotus says delivered as of yesterday, but my dealer doesn't have it... has anyone else come across this issue?
I believe I've read about this happening before but haven't checked it out. How did your run go on the weekend?

Peter

I believe I've read about this happening before but haven't checked it out. How did your run go on the weekend?

Peter
It was great! The weather couldn't have been better, and the people in Ottawa are the best. I'll definitely do it again next year, and I'll aim for a better finish time.

@fatboyO Do you find the splash guards help at all? In particular my Explorer is prone to getting the rear camera filthy in any sort of wet conditions just by normal driving. I always have to use the rear-washer to clean it before I can back up. In dry weather, it's fine. I did a mountain pass trip in the winter and the entire back of my car was covered in what I can only describe as "pale caramel ice". Chipped it off at a gas station. Just wondering if mudflaps will mitigate this.

e4bt5X.png
Sorry about the delayed response... been busy working and life kept us busy not to mention did a whole pile of research and ended up buying a 2013 Escape with 2.0L Ecoboost Titanium for my wife... now love both the Ex and Escape... the ecoboost is a riot to drive on The escape and really peppy.

In any case in response to your question re mud flaps .... still too early for me to know... only have 2548km in almost 3 months and haven't really driven in dirty or muddy construction site or anything.... so really don't know.

As for an update, returned the wind deflectors as my windows would roll up and the sensors sent them back down... so sent them back.

As for the tinting the driver and passenger windows... well, was at the shop and my wife decided that she would not drive the Ex if I tint the windows...well normally that would be a great thing, however, the Ex is replacing the family van for vacations etc and I need her to drive to relieve me every now and then ... so no tinting .

I also did a lot of resesrch on oils for our vehicle and decided on Amsoil's top of the line,,,, good for 25k, however, I will change every 8,000kms as per dealer and use fords oil filter as recommended by dealer and as the ex was purchased new they won't be able to challenge the oil change routine should I ever have an engine issue.

Now researched gas as well and will stick with regular top tier gas.. petro can and shell for their cleaning capabilities so to minimize gum etc build up... will use shell 91 with no ethanol while driving the whole family and luggage on longer trips... hope that works out well in the long run.

Still have only hand washed a couple of times and waiting for cloudy warm day to finally put on some paint protection. ... my vehicle mainly sit inside my garage while not being driven out and about .... so rarely sits out inthe sun and elements for more than a couple of hours at a time.

Other than that really enjoy the vehicle and technology... especially the blue tooth with music from my iPhone.... go figure that and red ambient lighting go figure of all the things those two really do it for me... feel like I'm in my twenties again with the sound and lights.., used to have similar stuff many years ago... no blue tooth of course

Glad to hear you are enjoying your Explorer. I had a 2015 Explorer LTD and the lease was coming to an end. I ended up getting a 2017 Explorer but with more options now. I just love the way the Explorer handles. I have sat in Highlanders and Pilots and they sit like a truck and not very comfortable. On long road trips the Explorer is also very good. I did a 5k 5 state road trip after I got the Explorer and I never got tired driving it. I am picking up my new ride on Friday after it gets its front windows tinted. My wife refuses to drive on long trips so its all me that drives.... so tints are going up :D

Glad to hear you are enjoying your Explorer. I had a 2015 Explorer LTD and the lease was coming to an end. I ended up getting a 2017 Explorer but with more options now. I just love the way the Explorer handles. I have sat in Highlanders and Pilots and they sit like a truck and not very comfortable. On long road trips the Explorer is also very good. I did a 5k 5 state road trip after I got the Explorer and I never got tired driving it. I am picking up my new ride on Friday after it gets its front windows tinted. My wife refuses to drive on long trips so its all me that drives.... so tints are going up :D
Could not agree more .... love riding it and the handling... as for my wife , well for some reason to date she hasn't driven it even once... has her own Escape now.... however, we haven't gone on any really long treks yet... only 5-6 hours the longest and I drove all the time and really did not get tired driving.

Took it on holidays and put a Thule on the roof rails and a bike carrier on the traler hitch...loved the way it handled all of our stuff with back seats folded away..... really glad I ordered it the way I did and it functions perfectly for the 4 of us.... love it!

In any case, hope all is well with your new ride when you pick it up... I'm guessing you'll spend more time in and around your new one this weekend than in your house.... have fun!!!

Picked up the Explorer on the 1st. Already put in 300 miles on it. Still playing with all the controls. Fiddling with the seat controls found out the Explorer has massaging driver and passenger seats.... that was very nice. I didnt think the LTD would have that option.. Maybe the Platinum would but glad to have that. I also like the breadcrumb option on the GPS where it will drop breadcrumbs along your route so if you go somewhere new you can go back by using the breadcrumbs.

Oh one other thing, I am really liking Sync3. At night it goes into dark mode with black screen and red lettering. Very nice. More to follow soon.

Picked up the Explorer on the 1st. Already put in 300 miles on it. Still playing with all the controls. Fiddling with the seat controls found out the Explorer has massaging driver and passenger seats.... that was very nice. I didnt think the LTD would have that option.. Maybe the Platinum would but glad to have that. I also like the breadcrumb option on the GPS where it will drop breadcrumbs along your route so if you go somewhere new you can go back by using the breadcrumbs.

Oh one other thing, I am really liking Sync3. At night it goes into dark mode with black screen and red lettering. Very nice. More to follow soon.
Congrats!!!

Lots to learn for sure.... used massaging seats now and then .... very cool.... love sync 3 so far much easier to use than older sync on our 2013 escape.

The only thing that I would have loved is if the seats not only cooled on the seat bottoms which we use regularity, but would have been great if the seat backs cooled as well....this would really help to minimize your back and shirts getting hot and sweaty.

Otherwise it's fantastic! Only about 8000 kms so far since mid march..

Have fun with yours!

.......The only thing that I would have loved is if the seats not only cooled on the seat bottoms which we use regularity, but would have been great if the seat backs cooled as well....this would really help to minimize your back and shirts getting hot and sweaty.
The seatback are supposed to 'cool' as well. Must say though that mine don't seem to work as well as the seat cushion. There is a TSB on the issue but it appears to be for the 2016. Looks like the issue has carried over to the 2017. http://www.explorerforum.com/xenforo/index.php?threads/2016-cooled-seats.442750/#post-3552315
The fact that there is a TSB on the issue verifies that the seatback is supposed to 'cool' as well.

Peter

The seatback are supposed to 'cool' as well. Must say though that mine don't seem to work as well as the seat cushion. There is a TSB on the issue but it appears to be for the 2016. Looks like the issue has carried over to the 2017. http://www.explorerforum.com/xenforo/index.php?threads/2016-cooled-seats.442750/#post-3552315
The fact that there is a TSB on the issue verifies that the seatback is supposed to 'cool' as well.

Peter
Oh wow!!! Wasn't aware of that!!!! Thank you!!!!

Peter
Called the dealer and there is no new tsb for that issue... they believe the problem was fixed with 2017s....he'll check it out for me and find out if the seat back are supposed to cool as well.

In any case, wanted to ask you and others that have cooling seats... do the fronts of your front row seat seat back cool as well??? If so, as noticeably as much as the seat bottoms?

Called the dealer and there is no new tsb for that issue... they believe the problem was fixed with 2017s....he'll check it out for me and find out if the seat back are supposed to cool as well.

In any case, wanted to ask you and others that have cooling seats... do the fronts of your front row seat seat back cool as well??? If so, as noticeably as much as the seat bottoms?

When I test drove the 2017 Exp Ltd (not the one I took delivery as it was still en route) the seats were doing a much better job cooling top and bottom of the seat. I havent checked on the new Explorer though. I will test and respond back on this post.

Back