How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 27 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
New version released this week. 2.3.9

http://forscan.org/download.html

Now you can program regular keys (non keyless start). 2011-2015

Read factory keyless entry codes. 2011-2015

Initiate TPMS relearn. 2016-2017

Seems that 2.3.9 has a glitch and can't detect the RFA module on the MS-CAN line to pull the keyless entry code. I reverted back to 2.3.0 and the RFA appeared. Switched back to 2.3.9 and it's gone. Logs and screenshots sent to Forscan team for investigation.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Messed around a bit tonight with Forscan:

Secure Idle -> Works
Dark Mode -> Does not work

I did want to do the Global Windows mod but I realized that my Sport has it by default (I can press unlock and hold unlock and it opens down the windows), but when I try to hold lock it does not close them...has anyone else tried this as well?

Can one of you guys that has regular keys (non push start) pull your keyless entry code using the new version and see if it differs from what is exactly on your label/wallet card?

By exactly I mean verbatim.

My experience is IDS doesn't pull the same as the card either. Its the same code pattern, just not labelled the same.

Example 24580 is the same as 13679, 23580, 23670, etc

My experience is IDS doesn't pull the same as the card either. Its the same code pattern, just not labelled the same.

Example 24580 is the same as 13679, 23580, 23670, etc

Yeah I figure that from what forscan pulled from my RFA and it was different than the BCM label, yet same button presses.

Forscan team said it pulls from RFA (if equipped with IA fobs) or it reverts to the BCM (standard keys).

Since it pulled from the RFA for me, I'm wondering if it was a perfect match on a vehicle that pulls just from the BCM. My hypothesis is/was that the BCM number would be perfect but an RFA would just be the first digit for each button and that is all that is transmitted to the RFA when you do a keypad code reset (new RFA replacement).

Just curious, in the end it doesn't really matter.

BTW I forgot you were in WI. I just got back from being in Green Bay/De Pere for the week. The summers up there make me want to move up there so bad. "Bootlegged" some Spotted Cow beer and Parallel 44 wine back here to Alabama.

Deleted. Somehow my post posted twice.

Lots of progress in this thread, glad it is still alive. I need to download the new version and give it a whirl, just been super busy with moving to a new place. :chug:

I have the bambi mode, double honk disable, reverse mirrors, secure idle, added extra temp to the steering wheel, and door chime killed. I do have fast blinkers now. I am still working on the seatbelt reminders and remote windows.

Does the 2016 ex sport have fake engine noise?

In doing all these I realized after the fact I should have listed everything I wanted to do and make a spreadsheet with all the changes to each module so you do not have to go in and out of the modules.

I used a combo of the 2016-2017 explorer sheet and the f150 sheet (for bambi mode)

I have the bambi mode, double honk disable, reverse mirrors, secure idle, added extra temp to the steering wheel, and door chime killed. I do have fast blinkers now. I am still working on the seatbelt reminders and remote windows.

Does the 2016 ex sport have fake engine noise?

In doing all these I realized after the fact I should have listed everything I wanted to do and make a spreadsheet with all the changes to each module so you do not have to go in and out of the modules.

I used a combo of the 2016-2017 explorer sheet and the f150 sheet (for bambi mode)

FYI: That seatbelt reminder is only for the Platinum IPC (not Sport) and will display an error on Explorer's(because the 3rd row belts are not monitored) Also note; increasing temperature on the heated steering wheel will likely lead to early failure, the heating elements are NOT the same as on Lincoln models which use the higher settings. The XSport and Platinum do not have Fake Engine Noise, but models with the upgraded stereo will have a '2' in the place of that setting, this enables active noise cancellation.

Thanks I used your sheet. the only item I had to go elsewhere for was as mentioned the concurrent high-beams and the factory led one worked from the f150 sheet. The noise cancellation will be great to look at as a stereo upgrade is coming soon. I want to remove seatbelt chimes and fix the fast blinkers.

ohh did you add sync 3 to your 2016? I want to do that.

Thanks I used your sheet. the only item I had to go elsewhere for was as mentioned the concurrent high-beams and the factory led one worked from the f150 sheet. The noise cancellation will be great to look at as a stereo upgrade is coming soon. I want to remove seatbelt chimes and fix the fast blinkers.

If I'm not mistaken, if you look in your car manual there are steps you can take to disable the chimes. I have not tried that so I'm not sure how well it works.

If I'm not mistaken, if you look in your car manual there are steps you can take to disable the chimes. I have not tried that so I'm not sure how well it works.
Yes, you are correct. The procedure is in the Owner's Manual.

Peter

Have you tested the police mode / silent mode on your Explorer?

I tried both of them and neither seemed to work for me.

Yes, dark mode works fine for me but the Platinum IPC doesn't support controlling it so I have to use Forscan to turn it on or off. Silent mode is what dark mode was renamed to for the 2017MY. I am unable to test this since I have a 2016MY but if the dark mode enable works on your car, that is the same feature. I have a feeling that both must be enabled & the silent mode BCM location controls which keys it is enabled on. Your Sport should also support IPC control.

http://www.fleet.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/police-vehicles/2017 Police Interceptor Utility New Product Updates 3-14-16.pdf

The 2018 Interceptor brochure refers to Police Silent Mode & Dark Car Feature

http://www.fleet.ford.com/resources...chures/2018/2018_PoliceInterceptorUtility.pdf

Yes, dark mode works fine for me but the Platinum IPC doesn't support controlling it so I have to use Forscan to turn it on or off. Silent mode is what dark mode was renamed to for the 2017MY. I am unable to test this since I have a 2016MY but if the dark mode enable works on your car, that is the same feature. I have a feeling that both must be enabled & the silent mode BCM location controls which keys it is enabled on. Your Sport should also support IPC control.

http://www.fleet.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/police-vehicles/2017 Police Interceptor Utility New Product Updates 3-14-16.pdf

The 2018 Interceptor brochure refers to Police Silent Mode & Dark Car Feature

http://www.fleet.ford.com/resources...chures/2018/2018_PoliceInterceptorUtility.pdf

Thanks, so you're saying I should try the following:

Enable all three of the following?

1. "Dark Car Feature"
2. "Silent Mode Key 1-5"
3. "Dark Car Feature Menu Setting"

Previously, I was only trying to enable 1+3 and testing to see whether it worked, it did not work so I reverted the changes and tried #2...still did not work (tested by power cycling and opening doors to see whether lights would come on).

I will try all three and see if it works.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks, so you're saying I should try the following:

Enable all three of the following?

1. "Dark Car Feature"
2. "Silent Mode Key 1-5"
3. "Dark Car Feature Menu Setting"

Previously, I was only trying to enable 1+3 and testing to see whether it worked, it did not work so I reverted the changes and tried #2...still did not work (tested by power cycling and opening doors to see whether lights would come on).

I will try all three and see if it works.

With dark car feature enabled, did this disable the DRL and courtesy lighting?

With the menu enabled, did you get control of the dark car feature on the IPC?

I will take a look at some PIU configs a little later so I can figure out the changes on the 2017MY.

As a side note: I would really appreciate a copy of the as-built data from a DDM or PDM module on a 2017 if you have an adapter that can access the module.

Back