What did you do to your 5th Gen? | Page 52 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Thanks! I'm glad they worked out. They look good

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A quick vacuum and cleaned the windows. About to rain, so no bath :)

Yep we're doing the rain dance. All cleaned up and it rains....

A159A678-CE1C-44AB-B91B-B72A54591B74_zpsujzdk9bl.jpg

But they look so good - at least for as long as it takes to get pictures! Nice looking collection!

But they look so good - at least for as long as it takes to get pictures! Nice looking collection!

I just need a garage big enough to fit all three haha

Yep we're doing the rain dance. All cleaned up and it rains....
I just mentioned washing my Ex and the wife's Charger and it rained today, haha. :D Need to get the bugs off the front of the Ex. Living in farm country has it looking like a bug graveyard.

Also, forgot to mention that your rides look great. :) (Was distracted by baking cinnamon buns at the time of original posting.)

You mean like this? Nom, nom, nom......
Cinnamon Bun.jpg

;)

I just mentioned washing my Ex and the wife's Charger and it rained today, haha. :D Need to get the bugs off the front of the Ex. Living in farm country has it looking like a bug graveyard.

Also, forgot to mention that your rides look great. :) (Was distracted by baking cinnamon buns at the time of original posting.)

Yea it poured today. Need to get some oil changes done this week the were off to Hatfield McCoy!

Thought about taking the x sport, but we have too much stuff to take. I've been itching to see how she tows.

I've been meaning to buy a GoPro but my connections aren't returning my text messages to them! So over the weekend, I went to the Apple Store in Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, IL and purchased a Osmo Mobile dji selfie/edit stick. I fooled around with it all day Sunday and shot a few videos but had a lot of fun with the software editing features and shot this.

Once I really figure out how to use it, I'll get better with shooting videos. That's what I need a GoPro or two to stick to my ride when I finally go to the track with it. Hope it's not to cheesy!

I think its great.............but stop showing me those damn beautiful black Velgen wheels you're tempting me way too much and your telepathing my future purchase. Im going to be divorced if I buy those. LOL!

I think its great.............but stop showing me those damn beautiful black Velgen wheels you're tempting me way too much and your telepathing my future purchase. Im going to be divorced if I buy those. LOL!

That why you get a credit card without your wife knowing!!!

That looks pretty darn cool....love the effect of coming in from above..... Btw, can I bother you to take a still from above your hood to get a clear pic of your decal? And one of the rear? I want to show it to graphics guy. I also just realized that your '16 has a different hood than my '15. But the decal is a nice understated design that I can adapt to the idea I have in mind. Thanks!

That looks pretty darn cool....love the effect of coming in from above..... Btw, can I bother you to take a still from above your hood to get a clear pic of your decal? And one of the rear? I want to show it to graphics guy. I also just realized that your '16 has a different hood than my '15. But the decal is a nice understated design that I can adapt to the idea I have in mind. Thanks!

Here you go, sir. I hope this works?

IMG_2106.JPG

IMG_2107.JPG

IMG_0785.JPG

Perfecto!! Thanks! I'll let you know how it goes with graphics guy....

You bet I will!

Good luck, man. Be sure to take photo's of your ride and post it here!!! Love to see it!!!
Hey, did they tell you not to wax the vinyl graphic?

And so I can get a feel for price, if you don't mind, how much did you pay for the graphics install? I found a website - http://houseofgrafx.com - and they are a DIY outfit. The instructions and videos they provide are excellent and they will produce custom graphics. Their stock racing stripe vinyl hovers around $80 for the whole car stripe.

Thanks....:salute:

I was messing with a program on my PC and my goofy attempt to try different striping ideas looks like this. Which looks best or do either of them look decent? I am leaning to the smaller one. I only plan to put it on the hood and rear (a la @jonnoriega) in matte black. Not sure if I would follow the indentation on the hood though.

View attachment 97589
My Ex Hood 2.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey, did they tell you not to wax the vinyl graphic?

And so I can get a feel for price, if you don't mind, how much did you pay for the graphics install? I found a website - http://houseofgrafx.com - and they are a DIY outfit. The instructions and videos they provide are excellent and they will produce custom graphics. Their stock racing stripe vinyl hovers around $80 for the whole car stripe.

Thanks....:salute:

I never paid attention to waxing it and I just had it clay bar and carnauba wax several months ago. As for the price, I did the entire car for $500 (door handles, side view mirrors, roof rack, etc). A bit pricey but lifetime guaranteed.

Back