Interesting payload numbers on 2017 GMC Acadia | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Interesting payload numbers on 2017 GMC Acadia

Explorer_PL

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Rockland County, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
06EB V8
Off topic, but interesting.
We were on a small vacation and rented a 2017 GMC Acadia. It was a mid level with cloth interior, smaller 4 cyl 2.5 l engine and FWD only.
The sticker on the door read the payload as 2006 lbs / 910 kg
I thought those are pretty respectable numbers for a CUV, my v8 Eddie Bauer has only 1188 lbs of payload.
Most of the 1/2 ton trucks get to about 1400 lbs, so 2000 is prettty good number. Of course if it had the bigger 3.6 v6, AWD and leather, it would probably drop to 1600 lbs, but till good.

PS: The towing capacity is 1000 lb with the 4 banger, 4000 with the v6

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yup, quite respectable, and I agree that by the time u add all the stuff u would want to pull that weight, the weight capacity would ironically drop.
My cousin recently bought a fully loaded Ram 1500 crew cab with the Eco Diesel, sunroof, leather heated seats, etc... His total payload is under 700 pounds people and cargo. Think about that for a moment... Is that one 200 pound guy and 500 pounds in the bed? Or maybe six 100 pound guys in the cab and five gallons of paint in the bed?

Yup, quite respectable, and I agree that by the time u add all the stuff u would want to pull that weight, the weight capacity would ironically drop.
My cousin recently bought a fully loaded Ram 1500 crew cab with the Eco Diesel, sunroof, leather heated seats, etc... His total payload is under 700 pounds people and cargo. Think about that for a moment... Is that one 200 pound guy and 500 pounds in the bed? Or maybe six 100 pound guys in the cab and five gallons of paint in the bed?
That is pretty sad, my 87 ranger has a total payload of about 1300. I used to work at a recycling center and every week a ranger would come in with iron cylinder heads in the bed piled higher than the cab, over 4,000 lbs. Guy worked for an engine shop, that ranger made the trip religiously every week for the 3 years that I was there.

I heard about the Eco Diesel Ram numbers, that topic is very hot on RV forums, great idea for a diesel in a 1/2 ton, but it is comical what you can carry. I heard about 900 lbs payload on those, but 700 is not even funny.

It must be all those fancy options that droped the payload from bad to terrible
Are you still on "RV.com" forum? If I recall you were mega cab PL or something similar.

Back