How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 32 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
Liability!
As Jason mentioned, Lincoln still offers Global Open and Close on the 2017. One thing I noticed is that the feature doesn't include the moonroof.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've got a contact with Webasto (one of the biggest moonroof module suppliers) and he is checking to see if they supplied the Explorer moonroof module. If so, I'm going to see if there is a way to make it close.

Well, I did some testing with thick foam and it seems that bounce-back isn't always working with global close... at least on my vehicle. Sometimes the windows closed with a lot of force and cut through the foam and other times they would bounce back right away. Something else to note, on the 1st generation global windows used on the Escape, Ford issued an updated software calibration to entirely disable remote windows because of safety issues.

I wonder if vehicles with global close enabled from the factory have different bounce back settings or an additional/different sensor.

Here is something that was recently found on F150Forum, haven't had a chance to test it yet though:

Credit goes to AirborneApe:

Turn Signal Blink Rate

SCCM
724-01-01 xxxx xYxx xx:

0 = Triple flash disabled
4 = Two flashes
6 = Default Triple flash operation
7 = Turn signal stays on until canceled
8 = Four flashes
A = Five flashes
C = Six flashes
E = Seven flashes

Here is something that was recently found on F150Forum, haven't had a chance to test it yet though:

Credit goes to AirborneApe:

Turn Signal Blink Rate

SCCM
724-01-01 xxxx xYxx xx:

0 = Triple flash disabled
4 = Two flashes
6 = Default Triple flash operation
7 = Turn signal stays on until canceled
8 = Four flashes
A = Five flashes
C = Six flashes
E = Seven flashes

Now that is nice. I always wanted to make the duration longer.

Ok just tested the turn signal modification on my 2013 and it works!

Here is an alternative interpretation according to Livnitup:

Electronic Turn Signal Cancel Cfg:
SCCM 724-01-01 xxxx x*xx xx
0,1,2,3=1 flash
4,5= 2 flashes
6,7= 3 flashes
8,9= 4 flashes
A,B= 5 flashes
C,D = 6 flashes
E,F= 7 flashes

In my opinion. 5 flashes makes the most sense. Also, why the heck aren't these options customizable? It's ridiculous... If Ford's were more customizable without the need for FORscan, I'd keep buying Fords all day.

In my opinion. 5 flashes makes the most sense. Also, why the heck aren't these options customizable? It's ridiculous... If Ford's were more customizable without the need for FORscan, I'd keep buying Fords all day.

I agree with 5.

As far as all this customizabilty you have to think that these are engineered for the average consumer. If you have to many menu options a customer gets confused, hits the wrong selection, doesn't know what he did, thinks later something is wrong because it doesn't work the way it used to, and then you have a dealer trip wasting dealer time.

There is a cost to customer education.

I agree with 5.

As far as all this customizabilty you have to think that these are engineered for the average consumer. If you have to many menu options a customer gets confused, hits the wrong selection, doesn't know what he did, thinks later something is wrong because it doesn't work the way it used to, and then you have a dealer trip wasting dealer time.

There is a cost to customer education.

That's really sad though that society needs to be protected from innovation because people are too stupid.

I might have to change mine after I get the Sync 3 system all fine tuned in my '13 Sport. Just have heated/cooled seats and ambient lighting left to get working. Loving the sync 3 system over the old Sync2 though!

LOL, 5 flashes is 3 too many; as I've already completed my lane change.

LOL, 5 flashes is 3 too many; as I've already completed my lane change.

Damn are you jerking the wheel or are you the A*hole that turns his signal on after his tires cross the line.....lol

5 seconds to me is perfect to allow enough heads up time and time to cross and be fully in the lane before turning off.

Damn are you jerking the wheel or are you the A*hole that turns his signal on after his tires cross the line.....lol

5 seconds to me is perfect to allow enough heads up time and time to cross and be fully in the lane before turning off.

Definitely not the a-hole, as I share the road with all of my fellow drivers.
But, I do make it a habit to increase my speed during a lane change, so no one behind needs to brake.

Just wondering on the spreadsheet on this forum, it doesn't list all the modules like Livnitup posted his spreadsheet on the F150forum. Now that I've done everything to my truck (including the turn signal options) I want to finish doing wifes Ex. It looks like possibly use the F150 spreadsheet to do the auto reverse tilt--auto fold (Lincoln style) and global open and close. I have not read thru all the pages trying to keep up with FORScan on the F150forum that's getting close to 1,000 pages

Any info would be very much appreciated.

TIA

Just wondering on the spreadsheet on this forum, it doesn't list all the modules like Livnitup posted his spreadsheet on the F150forum. Now that I've done everything to my truck (including the turn signal options) I want to finish doing wifes Ex. It looks like possibly use the F150 spreadsheet to do the auto reverse tilt--auto fold (Lincoln style) and global open and close. I have not read thru all the pages trying to keep up with FORScan on the F150forum that's getting close to 1,000 pages

Any info would be very much appreciated.

TIA
I can confirm reverse auto-tilt works on a MY2016 EX, in which auto-fold (Lincoln style) is standard.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you Platinum and shelton- I will plug in this weekend to see what modules I have and don't. My 16 F150 used the BCM, DDM, PDM, modules for global windows.Bummer if I don't and have to run jumpers.

Back