20" wheels and 33's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

20" wheels and 33's

I'm looking for a little input on wheel/tire size here and I've found a few threads but none exactly what I'm looking for. I have an 06 Limited and I plan on installing a 3" front 2" rear spacer lift and the BT upper control arms but I want to run a 20x10 wheel with a 33" tire. I haven't seen anyone run off road wheels over 18" on here so I'm curious if anyone has gone after that "big overdone truck" look with the dad-mobile Explorer? I'm going for a wide stance look with low profile mudders and I love negative offset so...?

Not worried about wheel bearings, I'm going full retard here I just want the look.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Never go full retard........

20 inch rims and 33's for off-road = no

For looks = yes

Even 35 on dubs look low profile to me .I know somebody with a Toyota "show truck" running 35's mtz's on 20's never understood forking out the dough for mud terrains just for the "off-road look"given the high price and comparably low on pavement performance in which the vehicle will never leave you'll most likely ruin the rims in anything requiring 33" tires off-road .

But just for show..... Post a pic id kinda like to see what they look like.

Well it’s a Mom/Dad mobile and will stay that way for now so this would be just for looks and you’d have to assume that in a pinch 33” m/t will do a little better than the stock tires. Haven’t made a purchase yet because I haven’t gotten any input on size and most off road wheel manufacturers don’t commonly offer a wheel in the size and bolt pattern I need

If you want off-road tires all terrains are the ticket if you drive a lot on the road. I use to run mud terrains and have been running all terrains since the first (and last) set of mud terrains, all terrains will give you much better street performance, better wear, are much quieter, and still hold there own off road the only place iv seen the mud terrain shine is in the mud but because the all terrains will still get you a-b in most situations(maybe with a little more wheel spin) I found it much more suitable to run AT's because there better for everything else and some still look pretty aggressive like the ko2 and duratrac.

Back