Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
The MLK holiday will be on Monday January 15th. The run would be January 12 - 15.

Is this a good weekend for everyone to get out to Truck Haven?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cooooooolllllll...

I'm a maybe. All depends how i feel and how close it is to any of my treatments or procedures.

In!!!!!!! can we please please stay off Marina? Staying in camp alone while you guys are out is scary on that bluff!!!!

Zukmam!!!! And she has problems getting around! And I know you like the godforsaken bluff but I hate it enough to stay home

What about our old spot off S22. Is that still accessible for the rvs?

The MLK holiday will be on Monday January 15th. The run would be January 12 - 15.

Is this a good weekend for everyone to get out to Truck Haven?
I love truck Haven!! TDS too!!

:banghead:

The surgery on my eye didn't work. Pressure has actually been higher than before surgery and I am on more powerful eye drops.

Super frustrated. They didn't do the so called "gold standard" surgery since they were afraid the pressure could go to low. I pushed them to do the "gold standard" but they said this new GATT procedure is what I needed.

They put me on another eye drop, and I go back in two weeks. Today was my 6th appointment in 8 weeks. My eye is already really screwed from the drops they have me on now. The pupil is the size of a pin head all the time which makes it very hard to see indoors. The eyeball is constantly dry which causes blurry vision.

So what does this mean for me and MLK? I'm going:pumpkin:

:banghead:

The surgery on my eye didn't work. Pressure has actually been higher than before surgery and I am on more powerful eye drops.

Super frustrated. They didn't do the so called "gold standard" surgery since they were afraid the pressure could go to low. I pushed them to do the "gold standard" but they said this new GATT procedure is what I needed.

They put me on another eye drop, and I go back in two weeks. Today was my 6th appointment in 8 weeks. My eye is already really screwed from the drops they have me on now. The pupil is the size of a pin head all the time which makes it very hard to see indoors. The eyeball is constantly dry which causes blurry vision.

So what does this mean for me and MLK? I'm going:pumpkin:

well that's not good news. But glad we'll see you at Truckhaven.

I'm still planning on going, but it looks like the Navajo won't be there, because it's dead. So I have to take the bronco ii, but it's not ready for any serious trails.

I'm torn on this or Superstition as it is the San Diego 4Wheelers event, and I try to support the big events the groups that are fighting to keep our trails open put on (not saying that EF doesn't, but hopefully you all understand what I am saying). Maybe we can meet up out there. Its only like an hour-ish apart, right?

I put the camper back in the bed of the Ram this week. Don't you just love it when things break from just sitting?

Here are some of the things the camper needed after just sitting...

Replaced door lock assembly
Removed and cleaned carburetor from generator as it wouldn't fire up
Re-attached trim to dog leg of camper. Dog leg is starting to rot from the inside out. Temp fix was to inject liquid nails into the rotting wood, then glue the strip back in place over the damage. That should hopefully last a few more years.
Replaced valve in sewer system. The old one was leaking.
I still need to replace or rebuild the kitchen faucet. As soon as I turned on the water pump, water started gushing from the handle assembly.

As for the trailer, I had to purchase a new break away battery and box. Water had filled up the old box and caused a short circuit in the battery. Tons of corrosion and nastiness... The trailer also needed two new tires.

I'm torn on this or Superstition as it is the San Diego 4Wheelers event, and I try to support the big events the groups that are fighting to keep our trails open put on (not saying that EF doesn't, but hopefully you all understand what I am saying). Maybe we can meet up out there. Its only like an hour-ish apart, right?
Do a few days at both. I am planning on getting to Truckhaven a few or more days early and staying late.

I put the camper back in the bed of the Ram this week. Don't you just love it when things break from just sitting?

Here are some of the things the camper needed after just sitting...

Replaced door lock assembly
Removed and cleaned carburetor from generator as it wouldn't fire up
Re-attached trim to dog leg of camper. Dog leg is starting to rot from the inside out. Temp fix was to inject liquid nails into the rotting wood, then glue the strip back in place over the damage. That should hopefully last a few more years.
Replaced valve in sewer system. The old one was leaking.
I still need to replace or rebuild the kitchen faucet. As soon as I turned on the water pump, water started gushing from the handle assembly.

As for the trailer, I had to purchase a new break away battery and box. Water had filled up the old box and caused a short circuit in the battery. Tons of corrosion and nastiness... The trailer also needed two new tires.

Seems like more of my stuff breaks from not being used than the opposite. Measure out the sink faucet holes, it might take a standard faucet. Lots of the RV type faucets are copies of standard stuff. When the break away battery went bad in the horse trailer, I did not replace it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have to have the trailer completely rewired again!!!!! Guess that's what I get for harboring a 95 pound 8 month old puppy!!
Large pieces of wiring started showing up on the deck, took us humans a little while to figure out where it was coming from:banghead:.

Back