• Register Today It's free!

Options for 2018?

Magus2727

Reaction score
City, State
Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018, Explorer Sport
I picked up a 2018 three weeks ago. Looking at what options there are for performance options on the 2018.

K&N say they dont support anything yet. But the filter part number appears to be the same as past years.

Looks like no one has done anything for the exhaust yet as the 2018 has dual tips on each muffler.

Want to wait on anything that could void warranty. I have confirmed that drop in airfilter and cat back / turbo back exhaust would not void warranty.

Would anything that works on a 2017 3.5L EcoBoost also work on the 2018?

Thanks.

I picked up a 2018 three weeks ago. Looking at what options there are for performance options on the 2018.

K&N say they dont support anything yet. But the filter part number appears to be the same as past years.

Looks like no one has done anything for the exhaust yet as the 2018 has dual tips on each muffler.

Want to wait on anything that could void warranty. I have confirmed that drop in airfilter and cat back / turbo back exhaust would not void warranty.

Would anything that works on a 2017 3.5L EcoBoost also work on the 2018?

Thanks.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
As far as I know there was no change to the engine. Also several members have said that adding a CAI such as K&N will not do much without adding a 'tune'. If you modify the exhaust and an item fails with the cause being traced back to the mod, that item would not be covered under warranty. I suggest that you read the Warranty Guide which will tell you exactly about modifications and warranty etc.

Peter

Thanks. Good to know. I confirmed when I bought it about the intake (at least filter) and the exhaust and they said that it would not void warranty as long as it did not alter the controls. The exhaust would not alter any sensors or control. Same with intake filter. I think the down pipe would be the same. Perhaps intercooler.

Looking on the site so far it looks like the largest impact is running 3 Bar MAP sensor and then a tune which would be interfering.

Exhaust systems look to be on the order of about $1k and are not the twin tip like the 2018 already is.

I come from the focus community where a lot of people have the 2.0L EcoBoost. And there is a fuel trim based of the grade and quality of fuel to advance the timing. Is this true for the 3.5L alsoaina the Explorer?

Does this site mess up everyones mobil phone typing? Only this one site takes 3x the time to type and the auto fill in / complete does not really work.

Back