Programming remote start FOB w/ push button start | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Programming remote start FOB w/ push button start

Designed to be impossible for the customer to do! Set up so that it is a $200 trip to dealer for 5 minute job.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Designed to be impossible for the customer to do! Set up so that it is a $200 trip to dealer for 5 minute job.
Many members have successfully programmed and in some cases even installed their own remote start.

Peter

Hi everyone, does all the features like heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel will work using the long range/bi-directional remote starter with push button start? I installed compustar 2 way remote starter on my 2013 limited explorer with push button start but heated seats and steering wheel does not work when remote starting with the compustar. We have feels like -40’s this week here in canada and heated accesorries are not working! I am looking to replace it with plug n play bi-directional/long range remote starter kit. Happy new year and kindly share your experience using the long range starter kit. Thanks

I have a 17 XLT without those heated options so I cannot tell you for sure. I did see when I set mine up in Forscan there is a setting for "Heated Steering Wheel on Remote Start" in the IPC module so I guess that will work if enabled. I do not see a similar setting for heated seats.

Hi everyone, does all the features like heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel will work using the long range/bi-directional remote starter with push button start? I installed compustar 2 way remote starter on my 2013 limited explorer with push button start but heated seats and steering wheel does not work when remote starting with the compustar. We have feels like -40’s this week here in canada and heated accesorries are not working! I am looking to replace it with plug n play bi-directional/long range remote starter kit. Happy new year and kindly share your experience using the long range starter kit. Thanks
The heated steering wheel and climate will work with my Platinum's OEM bi-directional fob using remote start. The seat gets only slightly warm until you press the brake and start button. Then my heated seats go to max. Can't say for sure with a long range remote.

Peter

The heated steering wheel and climate will work with my Platinum's OEM bi-directional fob using remote start. The seat gets only slightly warm until you press the brake and start button. Then my heated seats go to max. Can't say for sure with a long range remote.

Peter
Mine work too on my original fob( but only 50 feet range w/o obstruction) i am looking to get a long range bi-directional remote kit with working climate control

Mine work too on my original fob( but only 50 feet range w/o obstruction) i am looking to get a long range bi-directional remote kit with working climate control
Haven't tried mine (2017) for distance but I could start my 2011 from at least 200'.

Just tried that, didn't work either. Also tried with repeating FOUR times and didn't work.

I found a 2015 F-150 pdf for installing the long range remote start and in there the instructions are:

43. Push Button Start Vehicles:

NOTE:
These steps must be performed with the VSS module security jumper removed if previously
installed. For additional information refer to "VSS Module - Optional Vehicle Security Features".

1 Open door and press unlock.
2 Enter the vehicle with the vehicle key(s) and key fobs you wish to program.
3 Depress and hold brake pedal.
4 Press the start/stop button.
5 After the vehicle starts, press the start/stop button to shut down.
6 Repeat steps 3 and 4 an additional five times, ending in ignition ON, engine ON.
7 Release the brake pedal, the horn should honk 3 times.
8 Press the start stop/button on each fob you wish to program. The horn should honk each time the
button is pressed to indicate the transmitter has been programmed.
9 Cycle ignition to the OFF position to exit transmitter learn mode.

Tried that where I opened the door and closed it after pressing unlock and also where I opened door and left open. Didn't work either.
I have the same issue, did you make it work? kindly share if it is working now. thanks

I have the same issue, did you make it work? kindly share if it is working now. thanks
I don't think I'd be waiting for a reply. That member was last seen here 3 years ago.

Peter

Here are the instructions for the long range remote start fob programming for 11-15 Explorer:

Key Start Vehicles:

NOTE: These steps must be performed with the VSS module security jumper removed if previously installed. For additional information refer to "VSS Module - Optional Vehicle Security Features".

1 Start with doors unlocked

2 Driver's door open (remaining open throughout)

3 Verify that the gearshift lever is in the "PARK" position.

4 Depress and hold brake pedal.

5 Start with ignition key OFF.

6 Cycle ignition key to the ON then OFF position 5 times, then back to the ON position a 6th time. ▪ The horn will honk 3 times to indicate transmitter learn mode access.

7 Press the START button on each transmitter you wish to program. The horn will honk 1 time each time the START button is pressed to indicated the transmitter has been learned.

8 Cycle ignition key to the OFF position to exit transmitter learn mode.

9 NOTE: If the security jumper is installed the vehicle security features are disabled. If previously removed, reinstall the VSS module security jumper. For additional information, refer to "VSS Module - Optional Vehicle Security Features".

Push Button Start Vehicles:

NOTE: These steps must be performed with the VSS module security jumper removed if previously installed. For additional information refer to "VSS Module - Optional Vehicle Security Features".

1 Enter the vehicle with the vehicle key(s) and key fobs you wish to program.

2 Depress and hold brake pedal.

3 Press the start/stop button.

4 After the vehicle starts press the start/stop button to shut down.

5 Repeat steps 3 and 4 an additional four times, ending in ignition off, engine off.

6 Release the brake pedal.

7 Press the vehicle start/stop button twice to turn ignition on. ▪ The horn will honk 3 times to indicate transmitter learn mode access.

8 Press the remote start button on each fob you wish to program (horn will honk indicating successful programming).

9 Cycle ignition to the OFF position to exit transmitter learn mode.

10 NOTE: If the security jumper is installed the vehicle security features are disabled. If previously removed, reinstall the VSS module security jumper. For additional information, refer to "VSS Module - Optional Vehicle Security Features".

Back