Please help me figure out what this piece is called! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Please help me figure out what this piece is called!

bobbojojo

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer XLT
Hi there, I just created my account on Explorer Forums because for the life of me I can’t identify this piece. It’s that plastic thing underneath the truck below the front and back doors on both sides. I’m gonna try uploading a picture of my Explorer with it circled if I can figure out how lol. Anyway, I only have it on the the driver’s side and the passenger side one is missing. For aesthetic purposes I intend to have this piece ordered and installed but when I try typing “02 Ford Explorer undercarriage plastic thing” what I’m looking for doesn’t show up! :O need some help. Thanks!

070362E7-8BB1-49E9-A3E9-C3DC912715DB.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No, not that piece lol. My bad, I probably should’ve circled it better. New pic, better circling. It’s the plastic piece below the body side molding in the picture.

6563FC3E-1DF1-462F-A999-E3E19C3FE0B3.jpeg

It's a trim peice that covers the frame if you don't have factory sidesteps. If it were me I'd honestly look for a set of steps before replacing that trim peice.

I removed my step bars, been looking for those frame rail covers forever. No luck finding them and Explorers and Mounty’s are plentiful in ATL wrecking yards.

"running boards" ???

Back