Ford ESP at dealer cost to forum members | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford ESP at dealer cost to forum members

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Guys, I have been referring hundreds to Joel for ESP and Maintenance plans. I spoke with Joel yesterday and he is now selling them at dealer cost to forum members because of how Flood has been matching him.

He will not do communication by email, he will only do it on the phone. Members have been emailing him, getting a quote and then having their dealer match him.

I will NOT refer members to him to waste his time. He has been fantastic to forum members for 8 years!!

If you are ready to buy one, please PM. If you are not ready, do not inquire with me. He has many priorities at his dealership and the fact he is doing this for us, I want only serious people ready to purchase to call.

He will also do 24 month financing at 0%.

Excludes Canada and FL.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Guys, just to add, I'm in talks with a dealer in Canada as I type this trying to work out a deal like we have in the states for forum members. The internet manager is getting the GM together for a meeting today to discuss this. I will report back whether there has been success with this or not.

Glad I could help. I don't gain anything from Joel and definitely won't gain anything from a dealer in Canada. But hopefully I can get something worked out.

I know with Joel he has had well over 500 people sign up over 49 states. Granted it is only $100 per customer but do the math.

It's funny because Joel has told me how they are known across the country now as the Internet ESP dealer" and many dealers have become very upset with them for all the business they lose lol. Flood I believe started matching them earlier this year so he decided to go and sell at cost now. I was surprised to hear that when I talked to him yesterday.

I'm hoping the Canadian dealership will realize this and work something out for everyone here. They are going to be contacting Joel to discuss how this has worked out for them so I have my fingers crossed for the members here.

I will have an answer from them by Friday so I'll report back once I hear.

I bought my ESP from him. I wasn't going to waste time trying to have someone match it, because what would be the point? To pay the same amount to someone else, after having him doing the legwork? That's just...wrong. I didn't buy from a Ford dealer anyway, since I bought it used. The ESP I got from Joel cost less than the 3rd party warranty the Dodge dealer sold me, which I got refunded, has a lower deductible, and provides longer coverage in years and miles.

So, thank you to both of you for putting this out there!

Thank you for the hard work Blwnsmoke. I would be very interested in a Canadian dealer who wants to cut us forum members a deal. We are the Ford fans that we hope Ford Motor Co. wants to keep around! I don't think I will need the extended warranty, but its one of those things that are good to buy to make sure that costs remain stable over the years.

Martin

I bought from Joel, but I have to question the new paradigm... sell at cost? That makes no sense. Why waste the time and effort to make no money? Clearly he has to make money. If he is selling 'at cost' then that implies there is a holdback or Ford pays him something?

I bought from Joel, but I have to question the new paradigm... sell at cost? That makes no sense. Why waste the time and effort to make no money? Clearly he has to make money. If he is selling 'at cost' then that implies there is a holdback or Ford pays him something?

The more warranties you sell, the higher the approval amount for repairs without getting a manual approval from Ford which delays repairs.

So let's say 1 dealership is anything over $1,500 requires an approval by Ford. Joel could be $2,500 for approval because he sells so many. It keeps his wait times down and able to get people in and out faster.

For him, it is more important for him to get customers in and out faster then make $100 on an ESP.

It is a win win for him (and a win for us). More repairs per day which is $$$ and happier customers who dont have to wait as long which in turn can result in 5 star ratings (all excellent for scores)

There is no money on the back end.

Thanks for the info, actually might be buying a new 2017 explorer sport very soon, if I do, I'll definitely PM for details.

I'll be pulling the trigger on a brand new 2017 explorer sport this evening, can you please PM the details? thanks!

I will shoot PMs later today out to whoever I owe them to.

The dealership reached back out to me and they are going to work a pricing deal for Canadian customers.

I will be having a call with them tomorrow to go over details and will report back to everyone.

Blwnsmoke, we did end up buying a new 2017, can you please send me the details of the ESP at cost?

Thanks,

Please PM me the details on the ESP. I just purchased a 2018 Sport here in Virgina. Less than100 miles on it. Thank you very much.

Guys, I have been referring hundreds to Joel for ESP and Maintenance plans. I spoke with Joel yesterday and he is now selling them at dealer cost to forum members because of how Flood has been matching him.

He will not do communication by email, he will only do it on the phone. Members have been emailing him, getting a quote and then having their dealer match him.

I will NOT refer members to him to waste his time. He has been fantastic to forum members for 8 years!!

If you are ready to buy one, please PM. If you are not ready, do not inquire with me. He has many priorities at his dealership and the fact he is doing this for us, I want only serious people ready to purchase to call.

He will also do 24 month financing at 0%.

Excludes Canada and FL.
Just bought mine from Joel. Great price and what a wonderful person to work with. Now if the dealers will service it the way Joel sells it it will be great. Merry Christmas to all!

Just bought mine from Joel. Great price and what a wonderful person to work with. Now if the dealers will service it the way Joel sells it it will be great. Merry Christmas to all!

Yes, he is fantastic. If only there were more people like him at dealerships.

Can anyone that has recently purchased a PremiumCARE ESP share the approximate cost and length of coverage? I purchased my Explorer in late November and looking for ballpark prices without bothering Joel.

Go to Flood Ford, figure out the price based on options and subtract $100. Flood started matching Joel on all plans and Joel was $100 over cost, so it will be $100 cheaper then Flood.

Question for ya--

My 2014 is at the Ford Dealer now and they say I need a new Battery. Do you know if the ESP plan that I bought off Joel will cover the battery? I have the plan printed and in with my papers in the glove box which is at the dealer :-(( I don't think the Battery is covered just trying to figure out if I will do it or have them do it.

Thx

How do I go about purching the ESP plan?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back