Ordered My New 2018 Explorer | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordered My New 2018 Explorer

My 2018 Explorer Limited is finally ready - picking it up on Wednesday - looks Great even cleaned it up - should be amazing once cleaned. Does anyone have experience on Wear and Tear coverage for leases ( I tried doing a lease this time ) how much do the rates usually go for on a 3 year lease? Thanks
I took the plan on my first lease, a 2014 Edge for 3 years. I upgraded to my 2017 with a 4 year lease explorer after 2 years and there was no need for it, so I did not take it on the explorer. Now after 18 months I'm getting the 2018 ex, again no wear and tear package.
It all depends on how well it lasts, and how long you'll keep it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It may be a good idea if you have young children but being single I've never bought it for any of the 7 vehicles I've leased. Your dealer should be able to give you a quote. The cost may also depend upon the mileage you get on the lease. I don't know if WearCare is a warranty that is offered by Two Rivers Ford. I'd contact blwnsmoke on that to find out. Make sure that you are aware of its coverage and exclusions as well. https://www.ford.com/finance/conten...FMCC01262_FMCK1940000A_WC_Brochure_R05(1).pdf

Peter

It may be a good idea if you have young children but being single I've never bought it for any of the 7 vehicles I've leased. Your dealer should be able to give you a quote. The cost may also depend upon the mileage you get on the lease. I don't know if WearCare is a warranty that is offered by Two Rivers Ford. I'd contact blwnsmoke on that to find out. Make sure that you are aware of its coverage and exclusions as well. https://www.ford.com/finance/conten...FMCC01262_FMCK1940000A_WC_Brochure_R05(1).pdf

Peter

Thanks Peter the Finance guy is trying push a Capstone policy that covers glass, rims etc, and supposedly if you scuff a rim they send it out and have it resurfaced unlimited times, but that sort of crazy with the pricing $1500 for 3 years and yet couldn't find any detailed documentation on it to say if my insurance has to be used first etc. Also with 11 Grandkids - I'm torn between needing or not - there not wild and I take care of my vehicles - but a new adventure in leasing -

Your statements that there were no issue on trade -in are reassuring.

Thanks

Thanks Peter the Finance guy is trying push a Capstone policy that covers glass, rims etc, and supposedly if you scuff a rim they send it out and have it resurfaced unlimited times, but that sort of crazy with the pricing $1500 for 3 years and yet couldn't find any detailed documentation on it to say if my insurance has to be used first etc. Also with 11 Grandkids - I'm torn between needing or not - there not wild and I take care of my vehicles - but a new adventure in leasing -

Your statements that there were no issue on trade -in are reassuring.

Thanks
I've never heard of "Capstone". I personally wouldn't buy something like that, in fact I'm having a difficult time trying to find exactly what it is on the Internet. A lease will allow for a certain amount of wear and tear and there are specs governing that at lease end. I have always leased again from the same dealer and don't recall them actually inspecting the vehicle but then all my returns have been kept by the dealer for resale mainly due to the low mileage. My next one will also be a lease.

Peter

Out of Production as of this morning. Now "Awaiting Shipment". WooHoo! Still has a delivery date of 2/5. I'm not that far from Chicago, so hoping the real delivery date is sooner.

Out of Production as of this morning. Now "Awaiting Shipment". WooHoo! Still has a delivery date of 2/5. I'm not that far from Chicago, so hoping the real delivery date is sooner.
Same here, but my delivery date is 2/7.

Delivery has improved 2 days. I saw a cream-colored Platinum at the fair yesterday and it does have the fin antenna with a tiny mast on it. I entered the contest for a 2019 Platinum. Wouldn't that be funny to win a 2nd car? :):):):laugh::laugh::laugh::whitenavajo::whitenavajo:

Now in transit
Delivery date 02/06

Only problem is I'm getting on a Carribean cruise on the 5th to the 10th.

At least the dealer will have time to do a proper and complete prep

Now in transit
Delivery date 02/06

Only problem is I'm getting on a Carribean cruise on the 5th to the 10th.

At least the dealer will have time to do a proper and complete prep
Good it's on the way, too bad you'll be enjoying the sun in the Caribbean.
Mine is still Awaiting Shipment, but the estimated delivery improved from 2/5 to 1/31. I'm guessing it's coming by truck and should only take a couple days once the status changes to In Transit.

Good it's on the way, too bad you'll be enjoying the sun in the Caribbean.
Mine is still Awaiting Shipment, but the estimated delivery improved from 2/5 to 1/31. I'm guessing it's coming by truck and should only take a couple days once the status changes to In Transit.
My Sport is still in transit and says it should be here by Friday. I'm hoping that I'll have it on Saturday. I guess I'll know in a couple of days. Aside from a 1 day slip and back last week, the date hasn't really changed during the whole process.

Peter:

Is there a special insurance for leasing so that if the car gets totaled you get your deposit and down payment back from the insurance company?

Peter:

Is there a special insurance for leasing so that if the car gets totaled you get your deposit and down payment back from the insurance company?
Not that I'm aware of. The insurance I have is the same as if I had bought the Explorer. I have full replacement value which I believe the dealer required me to have. To be perfectly honest, I've never inquired about your question.

Peter

My company just offered me X Plan Pricing...after I made my deal with the dealer, which was a better deal.:party: :yellowexplorer:

My company just offered me X Plan Pricing...after I made my deal with the dealer, which was a better deal.:party: :yellowexplorer:
I've learned x-plan pricing isn't that great of a deal if you do your homework. When I was shopping for my Sport, one dealer told me that they were not allowed to do better than x-plan. Went somewhere else and didn't mention that I was eligible, and got it for significantly better pricing.

As far as arrival for mine, was supposed to be tomorrow as per COTUS, however dealer just told me it's in NJ. Quite a distance to get here by tomorrow. So looks like next week it is, barring any high speed train travel. Strange because Chicago is about 8 hours west of me, and NJ is about 8.5 east, so it blew right past Ontario...

I've learned x-plan pricing isn't that great of a deal if you do your homework. When I was shopping for my Sport, one dealer told me that they were not allowed to do better than x-plan. Went somewhere else and didn't mention that I was eligible, and got it for significantly better pricing.

As far as arrival for mine, was supposed to be tomorrow as per COTUS, however dealer just told me it's in NJ. Quite a distance to get here by tomorrow. So looks like next week it is, barring any high speed train travel. Strange because Chicago is about 8 hours west of me, and NJ is about 8.5 east, so it blew right past Ontario...

In the states, x-plan helps but you can always negotiate better deals below that price - usually say this is what I want to pay - don't care how you get there, just get me there. Look for 4 to 8 hundred off the x-price not counting cash back or deal cash.

Looks like it took a different route than mine. Perhaps due to the number of deliveries in that area. I believe mine crossed at the Detroit/Windsor crossing. Looks like yours may go back up to the Niagara Falls crossing.

Peter

Looks like it took a different route than mine. Perhaps due to the number of deliveries in that area. I believe mine crossed at the Detroit/Windsor crossing. Looks like yours may go back up to the Niagara Falls crossing.

Peter
Thanks Peter. I figured there must be a method to their madness. o_O

COTUS no longer shows an expected delivery date, and has the status as still in transit. On the dealer side, they aren't being very transparent with all the details, so that may be par for the course with this type of thing at this stage or perhaps they are a little tighter with disclosure than other dealers. Nonetheless, being so close, the wait sucks :banghead:.

WOOHOO! Status moved to "In Production"
Congrats! It'll be in that state for up to a week or so, so don't get worried if you don't see a status change to awaiting shipment for up to that time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats! It'll be in that state for up to a week or so, so don't get worried if you don't see a status change to awaiting shipment for up to that time.
I only hope it doesn't mean that it's being built on a Friday...:splat::drunk:

Back