Ordered My New 2018 Explorer | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordered My New 2018 Explorer

I only hope it doesn't mean that it's being built on a Friday...:splat::drunk:
I thought the same thing in my case - nothing worse than a Friday build. That was until I saw my build date which was January 13. SATURDAY BUILD AND A 13!!!! :dead: I choose to believe that body build is basically all robotic and would make up most of the first day, at least that's what I convinced myself of. LOL

In all seriousness I don't think Friday or Saturday builds are that big of an issue these days, but I guess we'll both find out soon enough....:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi all, wanted to contribute here. Ordered my 2018 Sport last week of October 2017. Went into production 20th of December and was delivered to me at the dealer on the 7th of January.

Love it to bits.

I thought the same thing in my case - nothing worse than a Friday build. That was until I saw my build date which was January 13. SATURDAY BUILD AND A 13!!!! :dead: I choose to believe that body build is basically all robotic and would make up most of the first day, at least that's what I convinced myself of. LOL

In all seriousness I don't think Friday or Saturday builds are that big of an issue these days, but I guess we'll both find out soon enough....:D
Yeah, it was a bit tongue--in-cheek.

Hi all, wanted to contribute here. Ordered my 2018 Sport last week of October 2017. Went into production 20th of December and was delivered to me at the dealer on the 7th of January.

Love it to bits.
Hang onto it as it looks like 2019 will be the last model year for the Sport.

Peter

COTUS status changed to "In Transit" today with a delivery date slip of one day from 1/31 to 2/1. But....my dealer just called and it's here. Nice! We're scheduled to pick it up Thursday. I'm anxious to see what the Platinum Dune color looks like in real life.

COTUS status changed to "In Transit" today with a delivery date slip of one day from 1/31 to 2/1. But....my dealer just called and it's here. Nice! We're scheduled to pick it up Thursday. I'm anxious to see what the Platinum Dune color looks like in real life.
I think it will be nice if it's anything like the photos. I've had many compliments on my White Gold colour which was just a 1 year shot. Platinum Dune would likely be my choice for the 2020 if it's still available. Congrats.

Peter

So my Sport arrived in the wee hours of this past Saturday, and picked it up on Monday night during a snow storm that coincidentally happened the same night. All I can say is wow! I LOVE it! Unfortunately didn't have snows on it at the time, but it still managed to chug along very well the 15km or so home. Only problem is that there's about 1 cm long 1/4 cm wide scratch right to the metal near the bottom of the front quarter panel near the wheel well that I fortunately caught during delivery. Looks like it happened during shipping, however the dealer is obviously going to take care of it early next week, with a lifetime warranty on their work barring any other damage that happens over time. Surprised they didn't catch it when they put the splash guards on. Other than that, did I mention that I loved it? :D

I finally got my Platinum on Friday. I really like the new Platinum Dune color...a bit more each day.

Here are some observations/differences from my 2013 Limited.

The Good:
- The Ecoboost engine is really sweet. I already have it in my F-150 and love it there too.
- I like the 360 degree proximity sensors and the display that pops up on the screen. Also like that you can turn off the beeping with a quick hit of the button on the center stack.
- Love love love the camera washers. The rear camera was mostly useless on the 2013 in a Wisconsin winter.
- The front camera is nice too and the new 180 degree views on front and back will be useful.
- The Ford Connect is interesting, but not sure if it will get used much.
- Finally, buttons I can push with gloves on.
- My wife loves the motion seats.
- The running boards are surprisingly useful. I was worried that they'd just get in the way, but I actually use them when I get out. Not so much when I get in.
- Seems quieter too.

The Bad:
- I only have one complaint. The shift indicator on the console is no longer lighted. You have to look at the dashboard to make sure what gear you are in and the display is much smaller than the 2013.

All for now.

I actually had to go out and check to see if the shift positions on the console lit up on mine and they do. I guess that's because I hardly ever look them and rely on the dash indicators. The indicators may be smaller due to the layout configuration of the type 3 display. After more than a year I still haven't tried the massaging seat.:)

Peter

You need to try the massaging seat.
It is great, especially on long trips

You need to try the massaging seat.
It is great, especially on long trips
The longest trips I've been on in probably the last 10 years or so have been about 60 miles and they were round trips to one of the hospitals.;)

Peter

Hi folks,

Can anyone help me how can I track my order?

Ordered mine on January 31 and don’t have any clue what stage my order at!

Thanks in advance,

Hi folks,

Can anyone help me how can I track my order?

Ordered mine on January 31 and don’t have any clue what stage my order at!

Thanks in advance,
Your dealer should also be able to keep you informed.

My explorer came in on the 5th, while I was on my way to a cruise.
Now on my way home, can't wait to pick it up.

Thanks guys. Waiting for the dealer updates this week.

Really appreciate it.

Ordered a 2018 Explorer Sport (401A, White Platinum) using the X-Plan on 2/3. No assigned VIN number yet. Not sure if orders are allocation based at this point (Oracle Ford is a smaller dealer) in the job1 build cycle since over 100,000 have already been built so it may take a few weeks to get scheduled. Updates as status changes.

Spoke with my dealer today.
I'm scheduled to pick up my new Explorer tomorrow at 4:00 pm

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ordered a 2018 Explorer Sport (401A, White Platinum) using the X-Plan on 2/3. No assigned VIN number yet. Not sure if orders are allocation based at this point (Oracle Ford is a smaller dealer) in the job1 build cycle since over 100,000 have already been built so it may take a few weeks to get scheduled. Updates as status changes.
Welcome to the Forum Mike.:wave:

Peter

Back