Ordered My New 2018 Explorer | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordered My New 2018 Explorer

Ordered my explorer on the 30th of January. The production is set for March 7!!

From your experience, how long is it expected to be delivered?

I live in Quebec.
I live about 50KM away from Toronto, and for me it was about 8 weeks exactly from order to delivery.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll second the WeatherTech mats. Got the same set up as you.
For the type of weather we get here I'd recommend the Husky liners for better overall coverage. WeatherTech doesn't cover that carpeted area over to the door sill nor the entire 'dead pedal'.

Peter

I ended up with the Weathertech because they had the 3rd row and I didn't see that on Husky.

I live about 50KM away from Toronto, and for me it was about 8 weeks exactly from order to delivery.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Eight weeks, that’s a relief!

I hope they can deliver it by the end of March, then it’ll be nine weeks since the order was made. I feel there was a delay in sending the order from the dealership side because there seems to be a long gap between the date of order 30th of January) and the date of production (7th of March)!

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Eight weeks, that’s a relief!

I hope they can deliver it by the end of March, then it’ll be nine weeks since the order was made. I feel there was a delay in sending the order from the dealership side because there seems to be a long gap between the date of order 30th of January) and the date of production (7th of March)!
No need to worry. I just think due to demand and scheduling, it just takes that long for it be processed. My order went into the system on November 27, finished processing on January 3, went into production on January 13, was shipped on January 16, and arrived at the dealership on January 27. So from what I know from my own situation and those of others, it's all roughly the same timelines, with a slight variation on shipping times depending on where it's going to of course. Good luck!

A VIN was assigned today for the 2018 Sport ordered on 2/3 according to Ford Custom Order Tracking | ordertracking.ford.com. No production or estimated delivery date yet. From recent VIN assignments observed in the past two weeks it looks like delivery will be mid to late May.

I'll post more as details change.

Those were the industrial ones. And they were about USD50 more. I didn't see the third row for the lighter duty one...

Oh well, I think I will be satisfied.

Love the mats! Interesting to see how much dirt is on them that would have been ground into the carpeted floor mats...and I live in Florida but don't go to the beach.

Were you happy with the cargo cover?

Were you happy with the cargo cover?
I was not happy with the Ford cargo cover. I am spoiled and expected a cover like Land Rover has. This one has velcro straps and doesn't stay in place

My Mountaineer and Mariner had nice retractable cargo covers. I was surprised the Explorer didn't have this.

Back