Push Bar - 2016 / 2017 / 2018 Police Interceptor Utility Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Push Bar - 2016 / 2017 / 2018 Police Interceptor Utility Explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just saw a Setina PB400 go on sale on Ebay for 275 shipped also!

The PB400s are great push bumpers, but they are somewhat vehicle-specific. The utility version has three crossmembers; the bottom one is missing on the car version. Just something to keep in mind when shopping for one.

The PB400s are great push bumpers, but they are somewhat vehicle-specific. The utility version has three crossmembers; the bottom one is missing on the car version. Just something to keep in mind when shopping for one.
Yep, the one on eBay now is for the utility interceptor and has all three bars. Wish I had a 16+ and hadn't just bought one at full retail price!

Yep, the one on eBay now is for the utility interceptor and has all three bars. Wish I had a 16+ and hadn't just bought one at full retail price!

I was about to pay retail for mine, but then a take-off with wraps showed up on another forum's listings section for about the same price.

I'm curious, when you look at the parts sheet for that, does that resemble the mounting system for the new one you bought? The mounts I removed from mine, which were from when it was commissioned in 2013, were pretty basic square brackets which clamped around the bumper. I couldn't re-use them since the fleet shop had sawed the ends off so they wouldn't stick-out. The brackets I got with the used PB-400 look the same as in the documentation on the listing you referred to, with some shape to them and a bolt for each bracket that goes through the pre-drilled hole in the bumper. I wonder if the 2016+ version would work on the original PIU.

I was about to pay retail for mine, but then a take-off with wraps showed up on another forum's listings section for about the same price.

I'm curious, when you look at the parts sheet for that, does that resemble the mounting system for the new one you bought? The mounts I removed from mine, which were from when it was commissioned in 2013, were pretty basic square brackets which clamped around the bumper. I couldn't re-use them since the fleet shop had sawed the ends off so they wouldn't stick-out. The brackets I got with the used PB-400 look the same as in the documentation on the listing you referred to, with some shape to them and a bolt for each bracket that goes through the pre-drilled hole in the bumper. I wonder if the 2016+ version would work on the original PIU.
I haven't received my kit yet, but I believe it's very similar, using square brackets that mount to the bumper bracket and come through the bumper. There's some slight difference between the 2015 and down and the 2016 and up, but it's probably only the brackets.

I actually got a quote from Setina just for a replacement hardware kit (since there are lots of bumpers available without hardware) and it was like $170. Probably could source yourself with some know how and comparison but I didn't have the energy.

I haven't received my kit yet, but I believe it's very similar, using square brackets that mount to the bumper bracket and come through the bumper. There's some slight difference between the 2015 and down and the 2016 and up, but it's probably only the brackets.

I actually got a quote from Setina just for a replacement hardware kit (since there are lots of bumpers available without hardware) and it was like $170. Probably could source yourself with some know how and comparison but I didn't have the energy.

Oh, I should clarify, I did get the brackets to work fine, the clearances were pretty tight and I didn't think it would fit at first.

It's hard enough to find the utility version of the PB-400, wondering if it'd help folks out a little to know that they maybe don't need to worry too much about the model year or getting a hardware kit to make something fit. $170 is a bit steep, when some places sell the whole thing new for only twice that much, shipped. Mine was claimed to have come off of a 2015, so it should've fit, regardless, but the brackets have had me wondering if it might have been intended for a 2016+ PIU.

Oh, I should clarify, I did get the brackets to work fine, the clearances were pretty tight and I didn't think it would fit at first.

It's hard enough to find the utility version of the PB-400, wondering if it'd help folks out a little to know that they maybe don't need to worry too much about the model year or getting a hardware kit to make something fit. $170 is a bit steep, when some places sell the whole thing new for only twice that much, shipped. Mine was claimed to have come off of a 2015, so it should've fit, regardless, but the brackets have had me wondering if it might have been intended for a 2016+ PIU.
I see what you're saying. I'll measure up all the parts for the 2015 when I get it, since it would be interesting to know, and if someone ever takes the time to measure and compare 2016+ brackets it'd be good information to have. Plus might allow people to source for a bit more reasonable price.

Back