20180504_202544.jpg
20180504_202600.jpg
20180504_202659.jpg
20180504_202713.jpg
20180504_202741.jpg
20180504_202756.jpg
20180504_202808.jpg
20180504_202852.jpg
Tell me what you think... I know I didn't clean it up lol.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Once upon a time those were rocker panels:eek:

IDK what you want us to say about that truck. I hope you didn't give much more than scrap value for it. Oh, and get a tetanus shot.

I'd give the brake lines a close look if still factory.

She needs a date with a welder ;)

I'd give the brake lines a close look if still factory.
Don't forget PS and Trans lines too! No fun driving home with no PS :(

Don't forget PS and Trans lines too! No fun driving home with no PS :(
Power steering lines replaced in October because they rusted out and made it leak. Lol

She needs a date with a welder ;)
I know, thats what michigan does. The trim around around the moldings saved it from rusting a lot more.

IDK what you want us to say about that truck. I hope you didn't give much more than scrap value for it. Oh, and get a tetanus shot.
I did awhike back and my grandpa paid MSRP when he bought it new lol

I’d cut the remainder of those running boards off with a grinder. After that, I don’t know where I’d stop.

I'm originally from Pontiac, and also lived in the U.P. for a short while, so I shouldn't be shocked by the amount of rust...that being said..... :confused:

I guess being here in the south since 1989 has spoiled me a bit.... I actually passed by literally 5 sports in the local junkyard a few weekends ago, with zero to very little rust.....

I'd say that if it runs great, drive it 'til it crumbles apart!

I like the color black sport.
But she definitely needs some new rockers, don't know what the underneath looks likes hopefully better.
I'm curious do you have to get an inspection every year? Here in Ma. we have to get an inspection once a year (the month you registered the vehicle), sorry to say but your truck would never pass.There strict on body rust and holes.

I’d cut the remainder of those running boards off with a grinder. After that, I don’t know where I’d stop.
Yeah or I'll hammer it off until the rust cant hold it on.

I like the color black sport.
But she definitely needs some new rockers, don't know what the underneath looks likes hopefully better.
I'm curious do you have to get an inspection every year? Here in Ma. we have to get an inspection once a year (the month you registered the vehicle), sorry to say but your truck would never pass.There strict on body rust and holes.
No, in Michigan, we don't have emmissions or inspection here. If we did, it would never pass and half of the cars on the road up here probaly would fail. But every year, you pay for a new license plate sticker and I think thats it. Probaly registration also. Other than that, nothing like that here.

I'm originally from Pontiac, and also lived in the U.P. for a short while, so I shouldn't be shocked by the amount of rust...that being said..... :confused:

I guess being here in the south since 1989 has spoiled me a bit.... I actually passed by literally 5 sports in the local junkyard a few weekends ago, with zero to very little rust.....

I'd say that if it runs great, drive it 'til it crumbles apart!
Thats cool, when I go to the junkyard, it doesn't seem like theres much rust them. Will drive it until it dies, then make it new when I become rich lol

I have the same one - same color, same trim...but more original parts still on the truck...WOW.

Thats cool, when I go to the junkyard, it doesn't seem like theres much rust them. Will drive it until it dies, then make it new when I become rich lol
Fixing that truck would be a ridiculous waste of money, and not really any sort of practical. You’d be 30x better just buying a different one.

In the 3rd pic.
I thought that was a rusted out muffler that fell off the truck

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow! Makes me glad I'm in Georgia and picked up a rust free example of an Explorer!

Back