2014 Limited PTU/Rear Diff fluid exchange ?s | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Limited PTU/Rear Diff fluid exchange ?s

goochman

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Limited
I know there are a numbers of threads out there on these questions, but I believe depending on year and Sport vs Limited the answers are different.

At 75k miles I think Im ready to have the PTU fluid 'exchanged'. My first question is does my 2014 Limited AWD had a drain plug or just a vent tube to extract and replace the fluid?

The fluid for the PTU is 75W-140 correct?

Does the rear diff have a drain and refill plug or does it have to be cracked open/extracted through a vent tube?

Ive seen 2 different values for the Rear diff oil listed - what oil is recommended for it, 75W-140 or 75W-90?

I know there are a numbers of threads out there on these questions, but I believe depending on year and Sport vs Limited the answers are different.

At 75k miles I think Im ready to have the PTU fluid 'exchanged'. My first question is does my 2014 Limited AWD had a drain plug or just a vent tube to extract and replace the fluid?

The fluid for the PTU is 75W-140 correct?

Does the rear diff have a drain and refill plug or does it have to be cracked open/extracted through a vent tube?

Ive seen 2 different values for the Rear diff oil listed - what oil is recommended for it, 75W-140 or 75W-90?
Have you checked your Owner's Manual for the fluid specifications?

Peter

Back