code 327 (check engine light) | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

code 327 (check engine light)

I'm getting the 327 and 337. It's tough to understand the steps given to check the voltages. These are the codes I got after replacing the DPFE.
Key on, Engine off, I'm getting the 5.07 V for BR/WH. I'm getting 0.09 V for BR/LG.

So what would be my next step? Do I need to check the resistance? Then go to the ECM and check the voltage and resistance there?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

were the codes KOEO, KOER, or Memory??

did you clear the codes after replacing the DPFE??

did you connect the hoses in the correct places when replacing the DPFE??

I'm getting the 327 and 337. It's tough to understand the steps given to check the voltages. These are the codes I got after replacing the DPFE.
Key on, Engine off, I'm getting the 5.07 V for BR/WH. I'm getting 0.09 V for BR/LG.

So what would be my next step? Do I need to check the resistance? Then go to the ECM and check the voltage and resistance there?

Hi cobrapete,

i dit have the same probleme, first i changed the DPFE with a used one from pick a part, then with an aftermarket one, still no LUCK (code 327 again).
Then i changed it with the new plastik one from Ford with a new harness, expensive, but the code 327 is gone. (still have an code 214, CamshaftPS :-( , sucks!)
hope that helps
Franz

all my testing has been done in KOEO mode .. haven't gotten to engine running check yet and cleared several codes but still stuck with 327o AND 327c which are both low volt to sensor read this whole thread and not much of a modern mechanic so not to familiar with computer controlled engines .. but from what im seeing this is a common problem . now if KOEO codes are normally electrical then what could be the common parts othere then sensors or screwed wiring ??

was the code from KOEO, KOER, or memory??

you say you're not getting enough voltage. what's the voltage and where are you testing it?? should be 5.0v between the GY/R and BR/W wires at the DPFE sensor.
how do you check that? what do i set my volt meter to? and what does GY/R and BR/W wires mean?

BR/W = Brown/White
GY/R = Grey/Red

The 5v is called the reference voltage. If you have a system wide problem with the reference voltage you would be getting tons of random codes. Double check the connection. Disconnect the battery (both terminals) for ten minutes to reset the PCM.

I suspect your problem is solved but the code is still stored until a proper reset is done.

BR/W = Brown/White
GY/R = Grey/Red

The 5v is called the reference voltage. If you have a system wide problem with the reference voltage you would be getting tons of random codes. Double check the connection. Disconnect the battery (both terminals) for ten minutes to reset the PCM.

I suspect your problem is solved but the code is still stored until a proper reset is done.
even with a new pcm?

YUP

Disconnect the bloody battery, both terminals for ten minutes.

Disconnect the bloody battery, both terminals for ten minutes.
The 327 is gone, but :censored: now i got a 214 , which i read its due to a bad crankshaft position sensor :dunno: ,:redexplorer::shoot:, cursed with Gremlins i guess :dunno::help:

Actually 214 is cylinder identification circuit failure.

Witch means a spark misfire was detected. The culprit on that one is the coil pack. If you leave it be, it will eventually develop a hard misfire due to the failing coil pack.

Actually 214 is cylinder identification circuit failure.

Witch means a spark misfire was detected. The culprit on that one is the coil pack. If you leave it be, it will eventually develop a hard misfire due to the failing coil pack.

replaced the coil pack and still got the :censored: 214 and now i got a 543 which is a fuel pump circuit open, battery to pcm

The 214 error is from the camshaft position sensor on the back left of the engine and is used by the sequential fuel injection to time the injectors. The CRANKSHAFT position sensor on the front lower left of the engine is used for ignition timing. Replacing the camshaft sensor is a bear as it is underneath the lower intake in the back and is used to drive the oil pump as well.

The other code is probably going to be near the fuel pump relay in the under hood fuse panel.

The 214 error is from the camshaft position sensor on the back left of the engine and is used by the sequential fuel injection to time the injectors. The CRANKSHAFT position sensor on the front lower left of the engine is used for ignition timing. Replacing the camshaft sensor is a bear as it is underneath the lower intake in the back and is used to drive the oil pump as well.

The other code is probably going to be near the fuel pump relay in the under hood fuse panel.
i replaced the crank sensor and now im gonna replace the cam sensor

Back