2001 Sport Trac Body Mount Bushings w/ Hardware | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2001 Sport Trac Body Mount Bushings w/ Hardware

JustForKicks

Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonville, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac
Does anyone know where I can find a body mount bushing kit that includes replacement hardware? The Prothane and Daystar kits only include the poly bushings.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you. Do you have any experience with Dorman products? I heard horror stories of misaligned and shallow threads. Apparently their CQ isn't great. I haven't tried them out myself yet.

No experience with Dorman's rubber body mounts. My opinion of other Dorman products has NOT been good in the past. I'd PM N2FORD for feedback. GL

No experience with Dorman's rubber body mounts. My opinion of other Dorman products has NOT been good in the past. I'd PM N2FORD for feedback. GL
Thanks man. I'll message him

I have done two of my three ST's. I only do the middle two body mounts, my front and rear are good, just the foam ones. I think they are good fit and quality. Rock auto has the best price I could find. I have my old hardware for the middle two still laying around if you want to buy them.

I have done two of my three ST's. I only do the middle two body mounts, my front and rear are good, just the foam ones. I think they are good fit and quality. Rock auto has the best price I could find. I have my old hardware for the middle two still laying around if you want to buy them.

My rear ones (which are not foam) were like new. so I left them alone. You can probably get away w/out the front ones (which are rubber) not being changed also, but it really makes the job easier to loosen the front ones so the body can be lifted to change the middle ones. At that point I figured I might as well change the front ones too.

I was just wondering because I've seen some bolts eaten away by the corrosion. We'll see how mine are when they come out. I didn't really want to have to buy the whole kit when I only need the center 4 bushing (B1, B2, C1, C2) but, as long as the stock hardware is ok, the doorman bushings may be the cheapest option.

I was just wondering because I've seen some bolts eaten away by the corrosion. We'll see how mine are when they come out. I didn't really want to have to buy the whole kit when I only need the center 4 bushing (B1, B2, C1, C2) but, as long as the stock hardware is ok, the doorman bushings may be the cheapest option.

I managed to do one side ("B" and "C" mounts only) without touching "A" or "D". It was a battle but I just managed to get it done. On the other side I decided to do the "A" mounts and found "B" and "C" far easier to do.

I had to loosen A to get B and C in. I broke one of my A's and had to modify it to get it back together without having to buy and wait for a new one.

I'd be concerned with the actual height of the aftermarket Dorman mounts if you're only replacing the "B" and "C" locations.
My problem was the center hex sleeves were bottoming out on the frame in addition to the crumbling and dry rotted foam.

Body Mount Shrinkage and Compression

EDIT- Apparently this wasn't a problem for N2FORD above. He replaced only the foam mounts using the Dorman's.

Does anyone know where I can find a body mount bushing kit that includes replacement hardware? The Prothane and Daystar kits only include the poly bushings.

OEM is probably the only way to go unless you go junk yard. Below the insulators you see here (e.g. related parts), you can see the bolts, insulators, and covers needed for each:

1L2Z-1000155-FA - Genuine Ford Base No. #<00155F Insulator
1L5Z-1000155-CA - Genuine Ford Base No. #<00155G Insulator
F77Z-1000154-NA - Genuine Ford Base No. #00154 Insulator
1L5Z-1000154-BA - Genuine Ford Base No. #<00155B Insulator

OEM is probably the only way to go unless you go junk yard. Below the insulators you see here (e.g. related parts), you can see the bolts, insulators, and covers needed for each:

1L2Z-1000155-FA - Genuine Ford Base No. #<00155F Insulator
1L5Z-1000155-CA - Genuine Ford Base No. #<00155G Insulator
F77Z-1000154-NA - Genuine Ford Base No. #00154 Insulator
1L5Z-1000154-BA - Genuine Ford Base No. #<00155B Insulator
Im thinking Ford is the only way NOT to go since this is the most common problem with the ST's.

I'd be concerned with the actual height of the aftermarket Dorman mounts if you're only replacing the "B" and "C" locations.
My problem was the center hex sleeves were bottoming out on the frame in addition to the crumbling and dry rotted foam.

Body Mount Shrinkage and Compression

EDIT- Apparently this wasn't a problem for N2FORD above. He replaced only the foam mounts using the Dorman's.
I was thinking the same thing. I've been told the aftermarket bushings are taller than the factory ones. Out of laziness, I really want to only replace the ones I have to, but I know I should do all of them.

I had to loosen A to get B and C in. I broke one of my A's and had to modify it to get it back together without having to buy and wait for a new one.
Some people have to loosen A or D to get to the middles ones. Other people luck out and can replace the B and C without touching the others.

Im thinking Ford is the only way NOT to go since this is the most common problem with the ST's.
Not to mention stupid expensive OE body mount prices. Eight mounts from 1998Exploder's link are over $2K. :banghead:

When I changed my bushing, I changes them all. I just cleaned up the hardware, painted them, and used them again. The front bolts, by the radiator, were rotten and rusted badly, I had to change the bolts. It is a good idea to loosen them and check them out.

How many miles till these bushings go bad?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How many miles till these bushings go bad?

Mine were completely toast (mostly missing) at 180K. I'd say you should keep an eye on them beginning around 100K. I'm talking Spot Trac. IDK if the Sport or 4-dr Explorers used the same foam style bushings. If you live in PA the hardware may also need to be replaced due to rust.

Back