dreamr's explorer goes away :( got some random parts laying around | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

dreamr's explorer goes away :( got some random parts laying around

dreamr

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Lynnwood WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XL / 4x4 / 4.0 ohv
After 15 years of loyal service and carrying me all over the Cascades I finally gave up on the constant rebuilding and moved on. The Explorer left with many tears from my daughter and a few from me to be replaced by a 2017 jku rubicon. I loved the Explorer and despite the fact that the new truck is far superior in many aspects my Explorer will likely always be the best family adventuring rig I will ever own.

As I am cleaning the garage I have some random stuff available. Most explorer parts I sent with her but I had some forgotten items. I would prefer not to deal with shipping and such so local folks give a holler, some things you can just have if ya come get, some make a reasonable offer, I could use gas money :) frankly I just want to clear some stuff out

Also have random fox mustang parts in boxes if your looking for some stock piece for a 5.0 project I may have it.

From The Explorer '99 OHV motor vin X
Explorer Express rear sway
stock air box with KN drop in
BBK 65 or 66 mm Throttle body ( I forget check the build thread lol)
Stock Stereo
Bunch of random parts in boxes. Some were back ups, some were new want em you can have em (IAC, Cam Position sensor, new e brake shoes, stock leaf shackles, etc.)

From the Jeep - 2017 JKU Rubicon
Stock Rubicon Rock rails ( wont fit an explorer, but I bet bit of time with a grinder and a welder could fix that. They are good strong tube)
Stock tire carrier and third break assembly

Post up here if your interested in something. I will try to check in daily and we can arrange a meet up if needed.

And hello Phil :)
Zaira says to tell Travis Hi as well if you see this

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

After 15 years of loyal service and carrying me all over the Cascades I finally gave up on the constant rebuilding and moved on. The Explorer left with many tears from my daughter and a few from me to be replaced by a 2017 jku rubicon. I loved the Explorer and despite the fact that the new truck is far superior in many aspects my Explorer will likely always be the best family adventuring rig I will ever own.

As I am cleaning the garage I have some random stuff available. Most explorer parts I sent with her but I had some forgotten items. I would prefer not to deal with shipping and such so local folks give a holler, some things you can just have if ya come get, some make a reasonable offer, I could use gas money :) frankly I just want to clear some stuff out

Also have random fox mustang parts in boxes if your looking for some stock piece for a 5.0 project I may have it.

Stock Stereo
Bunch of random parts in boxes. Some were back ups, some were new want em you can have em (IAC, Cam Position sensor, new e brake shoes, stock leaf shackles, etc.)

Stock Rubicon Rock rails ( wont fit an explorer, but I bet bit of time with a grinder and a welder could fix that. They are good strong tube)

Post up here if your interested in something. I will try to check in daily and we can arrange a meet up if needed.

$$$ for the Explorer Express rear sway bar?

Stock Stereo

$$$ for Stereo?
What is it? Cassette? CD? Working display?

Anything left?

Just got another one and just my even be interested in those stock shackles !

How did i miss this???

Sorry to hear you defect to a Fiat.

I will tell Travis (if he even remembers). We are going out to hunt some snow in bit.

Cheerio guys.

Would be nice to get together and chat. How about a New Years snow run off Hwy 2?

Stock Stereo

Is the sway bar still available??

Back