Rear A/C controls on 2016 + Interceptor? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear A/C controls on 2016 + Interceptor?

SamsonX

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 PIU
Callsign
KO4MSU
Greetings! I am considering swapping my 2013 PIU for a newer model. My 2013 has separate controls for the rear air conditioning in the slot under the controls for the front A/C. The newer vehicles that I have looked at do not have the rear controls. Is this a change made by Ford or are the rear controls an option that these vehicles just do not have? Thanks.

Rear air is an option on the PIU, the vehicles you are looking at simply do not have the option. Its standard on the retail. Can it be added, yes but probably not worth the cost or time.

Thanks - I figured as much - too bad, I have found some nice cars, but the rear air is a necessity for my K9's.

Thanks - I figured as much - too bad, I have found some nice cars, but the rear air is a necessity for my K9's.

I'm kind of surprised how few of these are ordered with aux air, even in warmer climates. In fact, I've seen a few Sheriff's Exploriceptor K9 units here in Volusia County without it.

Back