Brad C

Reaction score
City, State
Central Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Explorer Sport
Callsign
KG8S
I ordered my new 2019 Explorer Sport the first day of ordering, June 13, 2018. I received confirmation today Ford accepted the order so now the waiting game.

I normally trade out every 5 years but that would have put me in the first year of production of a complete redesign. I don't care to be the beta tester so I ordered a year early. Pretty much the same as I have now, Sport, 401A package, Ruby Red, moonroof but I added the Safe and Smart package and dropped the center row bucket seats. The dogs will be much happier not having to negotiate the area between the middle row buckets.

I'll update as things progress.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did they say what, if any, the minor differences were in the ‘19? I’m in the market and don’t know yet of an ‘18 or ‘19. Haven’t heard anything about the ‘19 yet.

Only things were minor...a couple of paint changes (there's a new black color, deleted the Cinnamon Glaze, Platinum Dune and Shadow Black {Black was changed to Agate Black} ), package contents (especially on XLT) moved around some (added some things, took away some things - all minor stuff).

Thanks. Odd that ford.com doesn’t have the 2019 as an option yet when you go “build” one online.

PM me your email and I'll send the order guide to you.

Here is a like to where I posted it on this site: 2019 Explorer Order Guide

Thanks. Odd that ford.com doesn’t have the 2019 as an option yet when you go “build” one online.
Production of the 2019 doesn't begin until September 10th so it probably won't be much longer before Ford has it on their websites. They are still trying to clear the 2017 and 2018 models from the lots. You can still "Build & Price" the 2017 so as long as that is there I doubt the same thing will be available for the 2019.

Peter

Update:

Dealer called to let me know production is scheduled for the week of September 24, 2018. Nothing is showing yet on the order tracking site, which I find somewhat strange.

Update:

Dealer called to let me know production is scheduled for the week of September 24, 2018. Nothing is showing yet on the order tracking site, which I find somewhat strange.
Since production now doesn't actually begin until September 13th, I would think it is still too early to show any kind of status yet.

Peter

Does dealer charge MSRP for orders like this or do they still give some of their rebates, incentives, etc.

Does dealer charge MSRP for orders like this or do they still give some of their rebates, incentives, etc.

I guess that would depend upon your negotiation skills. I know I'm not paying sticker.

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Any rebates/incentives in place when you order will apply or you can get the rebates that are in effect when the vehicle is delivered. It's your choice. As Brad stated, you can try to negotiate a lower price. In that regard it is no different than buying one off the lot. Rebates, etc. usually vary from month to month or several months. The Ford website will show you what is in effect. It will not however, tell you what is coming up. BTW, this also applies to leasing.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Any rebates/incentives in place when you order will apply or you can get the rebates that are in effect when the vehicle is delivered. It's your choice. As Brad stated, you can try to negotiate a lower price. In that regard it is no different than buying one off the lot. Rebates, etc. usually vary from month to month or several months. The Ford website will show you what is in effect. It will not however, tell you what is coming up. BTW, this also applies to leasing.

Peter

I've wondered about this too. I was wanting to order one but was concerned the dealer would not want to negotiate. There was also the fine print in the incentives saying something like "when purchased from dealers stock". I guess, ultimately, it depends on the dealer... Seems like they would have the upper hand, particularly for the newest model. Are their rebates and incentives on the newest year models at release?

Incentives/rebates are set by Ford. Some are only on dealer stock and others are on any Explorer whether bought from dealer stock or ordered through the dealer. Yes, it pays to read the 'fine print'. Current incentives/rebates are always listed on the Ford website and they may vary from month to month or may be in effect for more than a month but the dates are always noted. I believe most incentive/rebates are on the new models. I just checked the Ford.com site and it only shows 2018 models. I suspect at one time, earlier in the year, that there were incentives/rebates on both the 2017 and 2018.

Peter

Brad, the center row buckets are nice, at least my dog loves them. I have them on my 2018 Sport and had them on my 2015 Expedition. For the road trip to Ford Nationals in June I had the third row folded down for cargo, put his bed on the floor in between the center seats, had a D ring tether to the passengers 2nd row seatbelt buckle. He could sit on the seat, lie on the floor front-back or back-front. I put a small collapsible wheeled cooler in between the passengers 1st and 2nd row with a mini tray. He had a small tray for snack kibble and one of the cup holders for ice chips and water. Truly riding in first class pretty much everything except Wall Street Journal and a loaner Kindle. He could sit on the seat during slow speed and look around but relax on the floor out of most of the sun during cruise. The 2nd row on the Sport is almost the same but one major difference. The Inflatable (Airbag) seatbelts they don't make a buckle adapter for this tether. I need to either get an entire seatbelt but cut the webbing away or get a longer tether/D ring assembly and buckle into either the 3rd row or 1st row passenger. Him getting in the Sport is sometimes entertaining especially when he tries to jump up the rear bumper but most of the time he is good about getting in the 2nd row either floor or just jumps on the seat.

In Canada Ford Employee Pricing just began in September and runs until Oct. 1st.

Brad, the center row buckets are nice, at least my dog loves them. I have them on my 2018 Sport and had them on my 2015 Expedition. For the road trip to Ford Nationals in June I had the third row folded down for cargo, put his bed on the floor in between the center seats, had a D ring tether to the passengers 2nd row seatbelt buckle. He could sit on the seat, lie on the floor front-back or back-front. I put a small collapsible wheeled cooler in between the passengers 1st and 2nd row with a mini tray. He had a small tray for snack kibble and one of the cup holders for ice chips and water. Truly riding in first class pretty much everything except Wall Street Journal and a loaner Kindle. He could sit on the seat during slow speed and look around but relax on the floor out of most of the sun during cruise. The 2nd row on the Sport is almost the same but one major difference. The Inflatable (Airbag) seatbelts they don't make a buckle adapter for this tether. I need to either get an entire seatbelt but cut the webbing away or get a longer tether/D ring assembly and buckle into either the 3rd row or 1st row passenger. Him getting in the Sport is sometimes entertaining especially when he tries to jump up the rear bumper but most of the time he is good about getting in the 2nd row either floor or just jumps on the seat.

Stephen, I have a 2015 Sport now with the center row buckets so I am familiar with them. There are 3 pups, a 90 lb German Shepard and two Shelties in our household. I usually keep the center row down along with the back row too and I have a large front to rear and side to side cover to help with keeping the back clean, or at least to attempt to do so. In my case, with 3 dogs, the center row buckets don't work well for us. The three are moving all the time and only lay down after a while. The Shepard is way too big to fit between the seats and the Shelties are too small enjoy the ride between the seats. We also have an Excursion (full 2nd row) and the three of them tend to settle down quicker with the center row completely folded down. It's whatever works for the dogs and every case is different.

I guess three dogs would make the difference. Scout is my solo traveler. The road trips are where he shines, he gets tethered in, will sit in the seat for a while but once he knows we are on highway cruise he settles down in between the seats and takes a nap. We are usually good for about two-four hours max steady driving before we have to get out and stretch.

Good news!! Got a build date. The new Explorer will be built September 26, 2018. A "Wednesday" build!!! Yea!!!

This maybe different with yours being a special order but here goes.

Dealers around here and I suspect others will put the Mulroney Label (AKA Window Sticker) available on their web sites even during transit. The sticker will show but (“Coming soon”) disclaimer and stock photos.

If your special order you might want to talk to sales manager and inventory manager asking them to keep the sticker secure and not available to public.

We know your getting a Sport and you do. If you want to release photos of the window sticker after you take possession that is one thing but let that be something you have control over. Just a thought!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Stephen! The dealership and I have had that conversation already. I appreciate your letting me know.

Back