How did I do?

HCTZ

Reaction score
City, State
Avenel, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Sport
Hello,

I am going to finalize the deal tomorrow, please let me know how did I do?

Explorer Sport 2018 (metallic grey)
401A Package
Panoramic Moonroof (2 panels)
No other accessories!

$9k down and $700 monthly for 5 years

Also, I called multiple dealers to ask if the Ford Safe and Smart Package is standard on the 401A package, however I got contradictions answers. Do you know?

I am excited about the car and I think I am gonna be a life member here.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello,

401A Package
No other accessories!

Also, I called multiple dealers to ask if the Ford Safe and Smart Package is standard on the 401A package, however I got contradictions answers. Do you know?

What is the base price of the vehicle? $700 a month after $9K down seems expensive.

What is the interest rate on the loan?

The MSRP is $51,600. I don’t know what you mean by base price. It is Ford’s 0% for 60 months.

Did you happen to buy an extended warranty? May I ask roughly how much insurance would be a month?

You don't want to put that 9K towards a custom built 2020 next year?

I would love to, however, my lease on CRV ended. I have to have a car.

Did you happen to buy an extended warranty? May I ask roughly how much insurance would be a month?

You don't want to put that 9K towards a custom built 2020 next year?

No extended warranty!

Ok now I feel I am getting ripped off.

What is goin to happen in 2020? Why
It sounds like no interest IS the deal.

It's that or get a couple thousand (or more :dunno:) off at first through this deal or that and then pay interest for 5 years.

I'd tell them I want a warranty thrown in for free or your waiting for a 2020. You may have to say it a few times or even shout.. most salesman are hard of hearing..

What is goin to happen in 2020?

Hello,

401A Package
No other accessories!

Safe and Sound is standard on 401a package.

Invoice puts you at $686 with no other fees so you are a little higher then you could be. Seems you are paying $800 or so over invoice. Id be looking to knock another $1,000 off personally.

When
It sounds like no interest IS the deal.

It's that or get a couple thousand (or more :dunno:) off at first through this deal or that and then pay interest for 5 years.

I'd tell them I want a warranty thrown in for free or your waiting for a 2020. You may have to say it a few times or even shout.. most salesman are hard of hearing..

When I bought my sport in the end of August it was a choice of either 0 interest for 6 years or 7,200 in rebates. MSRP on mine was 49,935.

I’d look around here on the forum.....you MIGHT really want to go for the warranty. These are not the most reliable vehicles, and expensive repairs before 100k aren’t out of the question.

also never buy a vehicle and focus on the monthly price - the end price is the key and THEN work on monthly amounts. - you will ALWAYS overpay going in focused on monthly and they know it!

When

When I bought my sport in the end of August it was a choice of either 0 interest for 6 years or 7,200 in rebates. MSRP on mine was 49,935.

I chose the 0% interest for 60 months. I end up paying $700 a month on a $9K down payment.

I went to another dealer today and I got $0 down payment 0% interest rate for 60 months with a monthly payment of $800. That is $3000 less in the total price of the car from the previous dealer .

Still no warranty?

I got mine during the end of August 0% sale. $51.5K at 72 months is about $715.00 and I got the Safe and Smart Package, 2nd Row Buckets WITH CONSOLE and moonroof with 6/100 ESP and service plan for the 7500 mile service schedule. I think you can do better don't get me wrong the 0% is a good enticer but try to shop around. Mine had a build date of Early May and the majority of the 401A IS THE SAFE AND SMART. Sometimes they do mid model year changes, check when your build date was. Bottom center of the window sticker below the MSRP. Series of numbers in black the last set is the build date. Example of mid year changes my 2014 Taurus SHO. The early build models had the fuel used and climate controls on the vehicle systems/and MFT display section of the Drivers instrument cluster. Mine was a January 2014 build and did not have it. I still had the climate just not in the drivers screen had to scroll over to the MFT touch screen.

FYI Rookie mistake...The grey has been Magnetic in pretty much all fleets since around 2015.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

5 years 60k miles bumper to bumper
Is that a Ford ESP? If so, you will find that the ESP does not cover all the items that the manufacturer's 3 year, 36k mile warranty covered.

Peter

Back