My 1992 2 door jeep killer build | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 1992 2 door jeep killer build

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hope that worked. Someone let me know.

thanks

Videos worked. Expo looks great but like you said already, definately needs coilovers up front.

Nice build, not to many TTB guys anymore. People just don’t want to dump money into old 90’s metal lol.

How’s the Bilsteins holding up for you. Mine seem way to weak, looking at going dual up front

Nice build, not to many TTB guys anymore. People just don’t want to dump money into old 90’s metal lol.

How’s the Bilsteins holding up for you. Mine seem way to weak, looking at going dual up front
5100s up front are almost useless in desert at speed. Needs at least dual or go to 2 1/2". Im more than likely going coil over in front also.

5100s up front are almost useless in desert at speed. Needs at least dual or go to 2 1/2". Im more than likely going coil over in front also.

That’s what I thought you would say. Here in Oregon I play in the sand and rocks. I would love some 2.5 coil overs but then I need a full engine cage to be happy. So next upgrade will be quad, one in front of axle and one behind (stock location). In front of the axle the shock should have more control, farther away from the pivot of the radius arm.

Center console coming together

20181115_180527.jpg

20181115_180547.jpg

20181115_180553.jpg

Has anyone else had problems with the warn manual hubs?

Had passenger side break this weekend.

20181126_173652.jpg

@R.J. used to blow them all the time.

Is there an option to just fully lock and delete all hubs completely?

This is just a play truck and not a daily driver so an always locked option would work for me.

20181126_173627.jpg

20181126_173635.jpg

There is a set of hubs that Warn makes that are stronger then the ones they will sell you for the TTB
Let me do some digging, it has been a while. They were made for a rear axle kit for a jeep, yes hubs on a rear axle. But they fit our D35 ttb and are stronger

You want the hub to blow before the U joint and axleshaft, so its not a terrible thing to blow hubs.
I have not seen drive flanges for the D35 ttb, this would be the part that eliminates the hubs, not sure if anyone makes them for us

Those hubs look pretty dirty and packed with grease?
They should be clean and only lightly coated with lubricant

How did you end up attaching the rear bedsides? I am considering this for my BII
I love the Solomotorsports stuff, really innovative guys over at Solo

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back