2016 Explorer LED Fog Lights option?? | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Explorer LED Fog Lights option??

We've had a lot of winter/rainy weather lately and I find the foglights are quite useful for seeing pedestrians. The headlights themselves are pretty weak overall, so I find the foglights supplement them .
Did you add your fog lights after purchase or were they built in?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The above thread is from June of 2015. Currently Feb of 2018. Any solution to adding fog lights to 2016-2017 Explorer?
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
If you are looking at adding them to your Base Explorer you should be in the following thread found using the Forum's 'Search' feature. Adding fog lights to 2016+ Base Explorer? Good luck.

Peter

Yes, within the constraints of the Illinois vehicle code I am using them as auxiliary driving lamps.

Peter, you never use your factory LED fog lights? Can I have them? :)

How do you like the led fogs? Looking to buy some. Also where at in Illinois? I’m from Illinois as well.

My wife has had LED fogs since we bought it. I used the VLED XTE-2s. Haven't had a problem in over 2 years and they are on regularly

6 XTE-2 LED FOG LIGHT BULBS HB3 9005 H10 9145 - H10 9145 - Fog Lights - Shop Application

Much prefer the white vs yellow(ish) light of the stock fogs

IMG_2093.JPG

IMG_2094.JPG

I have the stock LED fog lights on my 2016 but I understand that not all 2016's came with LED fog lights. No issues with visibility in fog with the white light.

I have the stock LED fog lights on my 2016 but I understand that not all 2016's came with LED fog lights. No issues with visibility in fog with the white light.
You are correct. The LED fogs on the 2016 were a late addition.

Peter

which one should I choose for my 2016 explorer from JDM ASTAR on amazon?

It seems those were designed for the high beams. I don't know if you can put them in the fogs or not but if you can, they definitely won't be of any use as 'fog' lights. Too bright. Then again, I don't know how much fog you get where you are.;)

Peter

We never have fog here :)

Back