• Register Today It's free!

Sport Trac Adrenalin

jmt21022

Reaction score
City, State
Mansfield, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 XLT
So, a 2010 Adrenaline showed up at a local dealer. They had a link to the original window sticker. Was the 4.6 3V the standard engine? Or were they super charged?

20181216_103011.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It was available with either the 4.0L V6/5-speed automatic transmission or the 4.6L V8/6-speed automatic transmission. Both naturally aspirated. A supercharger was never a factory option.

It was available with either the 4.0L V6/5-speed automatic transmission or the 4.6L V8/6-speed automatic transmission. Both naturally aspirated. A supercharger was never a factory option.

Thanx for the info. I did a quick search yesterday and one of the articles I found said there was an option for a 4.6 supercharged 390hp, 390ft lb torque engine and I don't think I ever saw one that had that. It's a really nice looking vehicle though. At $21k I'm not sure I would consider.

Thanx for the info. I did a quick search yesterday and one of the articles I found said there was an option for a 4.6 supercharged 390hp, 390ft lb torque engine and I don't think I ever saw one that had that. It's a really nice looking vehicle though. At $21k I'm not sure I would consider.

The 2005 SVT Sport Trac Adrenalin concept had a supercharger on it, but it never made it to production.

The Adrenalin was an appearance and stereo package. Adrenalins can be V6 or V8, 4x2 or 4x4. The only real mechanical difference is that there are no 4-Hi and 4-Low buttons on the dash on 4x4 models because Ford didn't want people to be temped to go off-roading with the big wheels and street tires. I've been told that you can lock it in 4-Hi and 4-Low if you perform some magic with the dash display button but I don't know specifically how to do it.

The Adrenalin was an appearance and stereo package. Adrenalins can be V6 or V8, 4x2 or 4x4. The only real mechanical difference is that there are no 4-Hi and 4-Low buttons on the dash on 4x4 models because Ford didn't want people to be temped to go off-roading with the big wheels and street tires. I've been told that you can lock it in 4-Hi and 4-Low if you perform some magic with the dash display button but I don't know specifically how to do it.

Either this is misinformation or I've been in the dark.

I thought I understood all 08+ Adrenalins were AWD, period. 60/40. Using the message center buttons you could lock in 4WD as needed. Or lock out, not 100% myself.

And, an appearance package - yes, but for 08+ the stereo was no different than any other Sport Trac Limited.

To OP - if the year/mileage/options are right, $21K could be a deal. I Google'd Donely Ford, found what I thought was their website in Ashland Ohio and this truck is nowhere to be found.

For 2008-2010, Adrenalin was merely an appearance package available on Limited Sport Tracs. They were available with either the V6 or V8, and either 2WD or AWD.

The First Gen Adrenalin package (2004-2005) was an appearance and stereo package consisting of monochrome lower cladding, chrome wheels, chrome side steps, "Adrenalin"-embossed headrests, and a 510 watt Pioneer "Adrenalin" stereo package. I bought a 2004 Adrenalin brand new in '04 and owned her for nine years. Here are a bunch of pictures of my 2004 Sport Trac Adrenalin: 2004 Sport Trac Adrenalin

I thought I understood all 08+ Adrenalins were AWD, period. 60/40. Using the message center buttons you could lock in 4WD as needed. Or lock out, not 100% myself.

And, an appearance package - yes, but for 08+ the stereo was no different than any other Sport Trac Limited.

To OP - if the year/mileage/options are right, $21K could be a deal. I Google'd Donely Ford, found what I thought was their website in Ashland Ohio and this truck is nowhere to be found.

It was at their Shelby location and was only there for

It was at their Shelby location and was there for about a week. But usually, their website shows everything they have at all 4 of their locations, Ashland, Shelby, Galion & Mt Vernon.

I bought a adrenalin 2010 and in the dsahboard in the left botton their is a button that say Prins what is it?

Back