2019 Ford Explorer Sport Questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2019 Ford Explorer Sport Questions

Spyros

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto
Year, Model & Trim Level
TBD
Good Morning All!

I am about a day away of purchasing a 2019 Ford Explorer Sport but obviously fell in love with the 2020 Ford Explorer ST! Debating whether or not to wait.

4 quick questions I have.

1. Any guesses what the cost would be for the ST? (I live in Toronto, Canada)
2. How many miles/KMs does everyone get on a full tank on the 2019 Ford Explorer Sport?
3. Are the power folding mirrors also heated on the 2019 Ford Explorer Sport?
4. When signaling, do the running daytime LEDS turn off?

Thanks so much! Looking forward to contributing on the forum.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I would expect that mileage on the 2019 would be comparable to the pre-2019 models since they have the same engine. Also, those figures are going to be in quite a range because of each owner's driving style. There is no hard and fast number that you can expect to go by. As for the folding mirrors, I don't see heated glass listed when looking at the features in the 400A package on ford.ca. All it shows is Mirrors - High gloss black, PowerFold with Auto-Fold, Drivers-Side Memory.
Unless they made changes to the 2019, which I doubt, the DRL are on the LED low beams and are not affected by the turn signal lamps which are separate.
One item I would like to point out is that the 2019 like those before it, has the transverse engine with internal water pump. The 2020 has the longitudinal engine which means that the water pump is probably external.
Water pump failure leads to dead engine
The press article mention the price of a Base trim would be about $400 (U.S) more than the current one. Go to www.ford.ca and build a 2019 to get some kind of ballpark figure.

Peter

Good Morning All!

I am about a day away of purchasing a 2019 Ford Explorer Sport but obviously fell in love with the 2020 Ford Explorer ST! Debating whether or not to wait.

4 quick questions I have.

1. Any guesses what the cost would be for the ST? (I live in Toronto, Canada)
2. How many miles/KMs does everyone get on a full tank on the 2019 Ford Explorer Sport?
3. Are the power folding mirrors also heated on the 2019 Ford Explorer Sport?
4. When signaling, do the running daytime LEDS turn off?

Thanks so much! Looking forward to contributing on the forum.
I'd wait for the 2020 ST!
Re-designed engine and beefier transmission.

I love the 2020, but the price I am getting for the 2019 is killer!
In that case, I think you've answered your own question.;) Did you go to www.ford.ca and build a similar 2019 Sport to get a price for comparison?

Peter

I love the 2020, but the price I am getting for the 2019 is killer!
What were you quoted, if you don't mind sharing.
I bought my 2016 Sport (back in Nov 2015), for $52K OTR, with optional panaroof and dual captain seats.

In that case, I think you've answered your own question.;) Did you go to www.ford.ca and build a similar 2019 Sport to get a price for comparison?

Peter

I did, I am basically getting $10k off the MSRP. Any thoughts on what the ST would start at?

What were you quoted, if you don't mind sharing.
I bought my 2016 Sport (back in Nov 2015), for $52K OTR, with optional panaroof and dual captain seats.

2019 Ford Explorer Sport

2nd Row Captain Chairs
2nd Row Console
1/2 Row Liners
Twin Moon Roof
Upgraded Rims 20"
Extended Warranty to 5 years

$60k Canadian Taxes In

2019 Ford Explorer Sport

2nd Row Captain Chairs
2nd Row Console
1/2 Row Liners
Twin Moon Roof
Upgraded Rims 20"
Extended Warranty to 5 years

$60k Canadian Taxes In
With the extended warranty, you got a good price.
I'm going to guess and say that new 2020 ST will be priced above the current Platinum, starting somewhere around $64K MSRP.

FYI, the Window Sticker on my 2017 Platinum showed $62,039. 2nd row buckets but no console. ESP bought separately.

Peter

With the extended warranty, you got a good price.
I'm going to guess and say that new 2020 ST will be priced above the current Platinum, starting somewhere around $64K MSRP.
64K would put it with a couple $K of the Lincoln Nautalis. But I would hope it comes in under that. At least I'll be able to continue using my current Winter tires on a 3rd vehicle if I get the 2020.:)

Peter

64K would put it with a couple $K of the Lincoln Nautalis. But I would hope it comes in under that. At least I'll be able to continue using my current Winter tires on a 3rd vehicle if I get the 2020.:)

Peter
Unless I was watching a hoax video, there's going to be the ST and Platinum ST also.
Both will have to be priced above the "regular" Platinum.

My 2018 Sport, there was no change to the 2019 other than a couple of colors, the mirrors are heated. Peter is correct as he usually is, the DRL's (at least on a US car) are a seperate circuit from turn signal.

With that said, I think it is important for all of us to keep some perspective here. Ford is completely, totally changing the platform of the Explorer. 2020 will be AWD, yes, but rear wheel drive platform, not front wheel drive. My experience over the years has been this will create a number of different dynamics. The 2020 will likely handle different, perform different, brake different, and just about any other characteristic that can be attributed to the underlying chassis design may well be different. I would not be surprised to see a fully loaded ST in the 58 to 60K MSRP range.

Speaking personally, I bought my 2018 Sport last August when it became clear the 2020 was going to a rear drive platform. I have no interest in going back to rear wheel drive, nor do I have an interest in being a guinea pig as Ford rolls out this brand new platform. The 5th generation has it's faults, for sure, but at least we know what and where they are.

Greg 9933

Unless I was watching a hoax video, there's going to be the ST and Platinum ST also.
Both will have to be priced above the "regular" Platinum.
Am not aware of nor have I seen anything on a Platinum ST. It is not part of the 2020 Order Guide. I'think that the Platinum will still be the top priced Explorer judging by the Order Guide and hope that prices will be announced soon. We'll see.

Peter

Am not aware of nor have I seen anything on a Platinum ST. It is not part of the 2020 Order Guide. I'think that the Platinum will still be the top priced Explorer judging by the Order Guide and hope that prices will be announced soon. We'll see.

Peter
I was watching several videos and remember seeing what looked like the Platinum (chrome accents) with an ST badge on the grill also.

Edit: found the video, it was a mistake by Ford labeling it as the Platinum ST on the information display stand (at 4:40 of the video)

FYI, the Window Sticker on my 2017 Platinum showed $62,039. 2nd row buckets but no console. ESP bought separately.

Peter

Holy crap!

Thanks so much for the input guys, I really appreciate it. I currently have a 2005 GMC Envoy XL SLT that I bought in 2004! My girl has 410,000 KM (255,000 Miles). She's done her time lol. I hope I get better fuel economy though. On a 90L tank I get about 500kms, so hopefully looking to get 500-550 on a 70L tank.

Envoy.jpg

I have had readings of 500+kms To Empty in the Summertime. The last fillup a week ago showed 488kms. A lot depends on your driving, highway vs city.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have had readings of 500+kms To Empty in the Summertime. The last fillup a week ago showed 488kms. A lot depends on your driving, highway vs city.

Peter

Of course

Back