Recent FORScan database

VAlegacy

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer XLT
Does anyone know of an updated or newer resource for FORscan spreadsheets? I have found a couple here and there from this site and the FORscan site, but they all seem to be missing substantial amounts of code. Or maybe all of the codes have not been figured out? Specifically, a 2016 Exploder XLT with the 2.3.
Also, has anyone reached out to Ford to ask for a spreadsheet with translations? I know you can get your VIN modules from Motocraft, but from what I've seen they are not translated, just as-built data.
Sorry for the loaded question, and thanks for any help.
FYI, I have already changed the programming of the basic things; double-honk, nav. while driving, bambi.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Forscan is not endorsed nor supported by Ford, so I wouldn't expect any help with as-built translations. You are pretty much on your own with the information that is out there.

Thanks, there seems to be a lot of good info in that post

That’s where I’ve gathered some good info about what FORScan changes are available...it helped me determine how to add a Heated Steering Wheel to my 2017 Expedition Limited EL...only 2017 Expedition with that feature.

Yours is the one I have been using. Thanks for taking the time to share with the community.

Many of the lines that are missing or not in the spreadsheet are excluded as they are not settings that are useful or should be modified. Usually, they don't even apply to this particular vehicle since modules are shared in many vehicles- in some cases there are even variables, that once modified, could cause damage. I have access to all of these though. If there is something specific you are looking for, feel free to PM me.

My ODB adapter is coming tomorrow. Have to request the correct license today on the FORScan forums, then this weekend I hope to make some changes to my 18.

Many of the lines that are missing or not in the spreadsheet are excluded as they are not settings that are useful or should be modified. Usually, they don't even apply to this particular vehicle since modules are shared in many vehicles- in some cases there are even variables, that once modified, could cause damage. I have access to all of these though. If there is something specific you are looking for, feel free to PM me.
It looks like you don't accept PM's....probably getting bombarded with PMs.
Have any familiarity with 3 things I'm looking for...?
Increased DRL output power...DRL at 100% power
Fog lights enabled with DRL
Enter Nav address while driving. - I have this last one, but for the life of me I cant remember where I found it. I know on that one I had to override a checksum, but the spreadsheet had instructions on overriding the checksum, how it was ok etc etc.
Let me know if you are familiar with these at all, and thanks again!

It looks like you don't accept PM's....probably getting bombarded with PMs.
Have any familiarity with 3 things I'm looking for...?
Increased DRL output power...DRL at 100% power
Why not just turn your lights on then? Same result.

Peter

Why not just turn your lights on then? Same result.

Peter
You mean with DRL function off and knob on? Haven't tried it, but I imagine it would be a pita always adjusting dash/screen dimming. I have entertained a small piece of black electric tape over the photo cell though.

I'm not familiar with the setup since here in Canada you don't have the DRL disable function. DRL are always ON so all there us to do here is simply turn the switch to headlights ON or covering the sensor, which I believe also controls the brightness of the instrument panel.

Peter

Made a few changes today. It didn't work at first. Had to update drivers on Win 7 for the usb device.

I changed the blinkers from 3 to 5 for changing lanes. I also added the H&C seats to the Sync 3 screen, but I lost the rear controls for climate. Have to look around to see if I made an error.

Made a few changes today. It didn't work at first. Had to update drivers on Win 7 for the usb device.

I changed the blinkers from 3 to 5 for changing lanes. I also added the H&C seats to the Sync 3 screen, but I lost the rear controls for climate. Have to look around to see if I made an error.

What line did you change for the H&C seat icons...post what you changed, that may help troubleshooting.

What line did you change for the H&C seat icons...post what you changed, that may help troubleshooting.

I changed 7D0-01-01 that was xxxx xxxx 0CC1 to xxxx xxxx 06C1.

Changed a few things on the IPC v2. I added climate to the options on the right and the outside temp. Here's a pic.

IPCchg.jpeg

I changed 7D0-01-01 that was xxxx xxxx 0CC1 to xxxx xxxx 06C1.

You don’t need to/shouldn’t change the last 2 characters. Those are the checksums for the line and FORScan will automatically calculate what is required.

I only changed to an ‘E’ in one of those positions...I can’t remember which digit, but I’m sure it’s on the Explorer FORScan spreadsheet.

I only changed the first 'C' the a '6'.

Looking at the sheet the difference is that 'E' says displayed, whereas the '6' does not. Do you still have Rear controls under the climate menu? If you still have it I'll make a change and see.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I only changed the first 'C' the a '6'.

Looking at the sheet the difference is that 'E' says displayed, whereas the '6' does not. Do you still have Rear controls under the climate menu? If you still have it I'll make a change and see.

It looks like you made the last 2 characters stay ‘C1’...no need to touch those.

Yes, ‘E’ shows me the H&C Seat + the HSW and gives me full control of the Rear Climate.

5587499B-122B-43A3-B392-D3C5EF28AC88.jpeg

Back