Push Bar for Explorer | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hi I just got a new 2017 explorer. I am looking for a little help. Is it possible to put a GoRhino police push bar on a nonEcoBoost?
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Have you checked their website?

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Have you checked their website?

Peter
I have but now I find that the civilian cars have shutters behind the grille. Where can o go on this forum to get more info if I can cut the shutters in the corner to get these push bars in

Here is the biggest baddest real interceptor, pursuit, pit maneuvering ready, zombie killin bar I have ever seen. It bolts totally to the frame only. Only one hole needs to be drilled so the pit bar will allow any impact energy to be transferred through the body and hit solidly to the frame.

How in the heck do I turn off front parking sensors?

View attachment 167553

View attachment 167554

View attachment 167555

View attachment 167556

Is this an eco boost or non vehicle

Is this an eco boost or non vehicle
If you check the profile in the margin you will see that the member has a Sport. All Sports have the Ecoboost engine.;)
As for your other question, I am not aware of anyone cutting the shutters. In searching the 2017 Order Guide I don't see anything about Active Grille Shutters.
Did a 'Search' and found this thread which seems to indicate the Sport and Platinum don't have the shutters. active shutter grille

Peter

If you check the profile in the margin you will see that the member has a Sport. All Sports have the Ecoboost engine.;)
As for your other question, I am not aware of anyone cutting the shutters. In searching the 2017 Order Guide I don't see anything about Active Grille Shutters.
Did a 'Search' and found this thread which seems to indicate the Sport and Platinum don't have the shutters. active shutter grille

Peter

I know someone mentioned a device called forscan thay can program codes. WHY do these things happen lol

I know someone mentioned a device called forscan thay can program codes. WHY do these things happen lol

Just fyi, FORscan is a program you can use to edit the vehicles code. But you need an OBD II scanner in order to access the on board computer.

Just fyi, FORscan is a program you can use to edit the vehicles code. But you need an OBD II scanner in order to access the on board computer.

I did some research and I think I'm just gonna pull some of the shutter blades out. From what I read it wont throw a CEL

So I'm new here and just got a 2017. My goal is to make him into a storm themed vehicle. Here is a concept idea that I made. I discovered recently my car has active air shutters. Guess I'm gonna be pulling some blades out like some people did with their f150s to help install cooling systems. I need to do it for the push bar. Anyway this pic I created using my own photographs. My goal with this car.
strato_storm_by_nightrazeshadow-dcxk0sq.jpg

I have the same issue, has anyone removed any of the shutter blades and not had issues with installing a push bar and if so what there any other modifications required to get the bar installed? I want to make sure this is reasonable before buying and pulling the front off my explorer (which is not an eco boost 2017 base model)

Im new to this so please forgive me if this has already been asked. I have searched this forum (I think), and couldn’t find a similar question. I have a 2018 Explorer limited. It has the front parking sensors however it does not have the radar for adaptive cruise control. I really want to install a push/bull bar without shutting off the front parking sensors or front camera. I’m ok if I don’t get the 180 degree on the front cam, just don’t want to block it. Does anyone know of a bull bar that does not interfere with the front parking sensors or front camera?

Im new to this so please forgive me if this has already been asked. I have searched this forum (I think), and couldn’t find a similar question. I have a 2018 Explorer limited. It has the front parking sensors however it does not have the radar for adaptive cruise control. I really want to install a push/bull bar without shutting off the front parking sensors or front camera. I’m ok if I don’t get the 180 degree on the front cam, just don’t want to block it. Does anyone know of a bull bar that does not interfere with the front parking sensors or front camera?

Welcome to the Forum.

Using the 'Search' function in the upper right of the page, I looked for "Push Bar" and found the following thread...this may have your answer:

Push Bar for Explorer

It's a long read, but has a lot of good information of what other Explorer owners have discovered.

Welcome to the Forum Will.:wave:
Your thread has been merged with this existing one identified in the above post. Check out post #51 on page 3.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.

Using the 'Search' function in the upper right of the page, I looked for "Push Bar" and found the following thread...this may have your answer:

Push Bar for Explorer

It's a long read, but has a lot of good information of what other Explorer owners have discovered.
Thanks. However it did not answer the question. :(. I pretty sure it does interfere with the parking sensors. I’m hoping somehow-someway there is a bull bar that does not block the sensors.

With the push bar.... I'm gonna try something and hope it works.

Thanks. However it did not answer the question. :(. I pretty sure it does interfere with the parking sensors. I’m hoping somehow-someway there is a bull bar that does not block the sensors.
It will interfere with parking sensors, but just turn them off? Drive the vehicle like people used to lol. We just recently installed a Setina push bar on our 2016 sport and just shut the sensors off. I have no regrets and the wife loves it. Its actually her vehicle and shes the one who wanted it.

Picture for reference
push%20bar%20e_zps0xaqqner.jpg

It will interfere with parking sensors, but just turn them off? Drive the vehicle like people used to lol. We just recently installed a Setina push bar on our 2016 sport and just shut the sensors off. I have no regrets and the wife loves it. Its actually her vehicle and shes the one who wanted it.

Picture for reference
How did you turned them off? I know the button on the center console, but it "reset" itself each time you start the car, right?

BTW, your image did not make it. did you use the 'Upload a file' button, coz if not an "elite member" it is not going to work. You need to use an image hosting service.
I did the same mistake...

I believe it will also interfere with the Forward Collision Warning System, the Adaptive Cruise Control and the Active Park Assist which I believe the Sport doesn't have.

Peter

How did you turned them off? I know the button on the center console, but it "reset" itself each time you start the car, right?

BTW, your image did not make it. did you use the 'Upload a file' button, coz if not an "elite member" it is not going to work. You need to use an image hosting service.
I did the same mistake...
Yeah for now just using the center console button. Its a bit annoying but again my wife loves it and drives it most of the time so shes willing to deal. I do have the forscan cable just have to get around to that. Not sure if there is an option to turn parking sensors off always or not in there but if there is I am going to do so.

Peterk - you are correct it would interfere with other systems as well such as ACC but we do not have those on our Explorer so the only thing we have to mess with is the parking sensors.

Lets try this photo thing again. I used photobucket but I guess picked the wrong link...I always struggle with this for some dumb reason.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im wondering that with how popular 3D printing is if there is a way to make a 3D printed housing for the affected parking sensors that you could attach to the pushbar. Make an extension cable for the sensors and pop them out of the front bumper and then have them be a part of the pushbar instead. Is there a way to recalibrate the parking sensors? I thought I read about it somewhere, like you needed to recalibrate them if you had your bumper replaced due to an accident or something.
It seems that in the near future I might be turning in my lease (17' Fusion Sport) and inheriting my wife's 17' Explorer Sport so she can get a mini van instead.... I might try moving the sensors and see what happens.

Back