Anyone use the Waze app with their MFT 3.8 or 3.10? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone use the Waze app with their MFT 3.8 or 3.10?

Diveshard

Reaction score
City, State
Gatineau, QC, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT V6
Hey Everyone, coming back from a 200KM trip this weekend with my friend. He was using the Waze navigation and live traffic app as the passenger on his iphone and would tell me the notifications he was receiving during the ride. Just an amazing app!!! Gave live police radar checkpoints, accidents, better routes and even holes in the road to avoid.
My questions is I would love to have this app talk to me via my MFT system in the car if I activate is on my iphone.
Anyone figured this one out and how would be cool to know.
thanks
Fred

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Only works with Sync 3 on 2017+ vehicles.

In my older escape I was able to get audio notifications via Bluetooth on my car audio. Such as while using google maps on my iphone. Anyone know how I can do this on my explorer with sync 2 v3.10?

Set the source to bluetooth audio?

I think I am getting OLD. My last 3 vehicles have had ford sync with my ford touch, and I have never synced a phone to any of them! I just think it is too dangerous, as people can just drive up next to you and steal all the data from your phone, and you are none the wiser. I have thought about getting a burner phone from Wally-world with it’s own phone number and syncing that one. Is that a safe way to do it?

I think I am getting OLD. My last 3 vehicles have had ford sync with my ford touch, and I have never synced a phone to any of them! I just think it is too dangerous, as people can just drive up next to you and steal all the data from your phone, and you are none the wiser. I have thought about getting a burner phone from Wally-world with it’s own phone number and syncing that one. Is that a safe way to do it?

How are people going to be able to steal your data exactly?

You do know Bluetooth isn't exactly easy to hack and has a pretty limited range?

You also have to allow a connection on your phone before anyone can connect.

If you feel any of this is incorrect please post links to the studies showing so.

I set it to Bluetooth audio and so far nothing with waze notifications and the app runs in the background. Either way I don’t like this option as it forces me to listen to my cell phone as in whatever I decide to play on the phone via Bluetooth to the car audio

I set it to Bluetooth audio and so far nothing with waze notifications and the app runs in the background. Either way I don’t like this option as it forces me to listen to my cell phone as in whatever I decide to play on the phone via Bluetooth to the car audio

That's going to be your only option with the system you have.

Only way to get around it would be to go aftermarket or this:

MyFord Touch Sync 2 to Sync 3 Upgrade

Back