2020 Explorer Press Release & Features | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Look again, the base model gets a bench and it is listed as seating for seven

You are correct. I missed that the base 2020 Explorer can accommodate seven while all other trim levels seat only six.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hope they fix the spacing between the front seats and the doors.

You are correct. I missed that the base 2020 Explorer can accommodate seven while all other trim levels seat only six.

Not sure why they would offer the bench on only the lower trim...seems like that will cost them buyers (at least myself). I really wanted to get an ST. Chevy did the same thing with the Traverse. Pls tell me I am not going to have to buy a Pilot...since I must have a third row.

Not sure why they would offer the bench on only the lower trim...seems like that will cost them buyers (at least myself). I really wanted to get an ST. Chevy did the same thing with the Traverse. Pls tell me I am not going to have to buy a Pilot...since I must have a third row.

Happy Honda shopping lol

The Base is not the only trim with a bench seat. It is an option on the Platinum. All Explorers have a third row seat. I suppose you may always be able to add a bench as some members have done with current models.

Peter

The Base is not the only trim with a bench seat. It is an option on the Platinum. All Explorers have a third row seat. I suppose you may always be able to add a bench as some members have done with current models.

Peter

I have not studied the order guide, does the ST have unique leather? May not match if so..

I have not studied the order guide, does the ST have unique leather? May not match if so..
That and fit was a consideration but thought I'd throw it out there as a possible solution depending upon how badly the ST was wanted.
- Leather Seating Surfaces with Mirco Perforation and City Silver Accent Stitching and ST Logo

Peter

Anybody know if the 2020 Ford Explorer will have HUD?

Anybody know if the 2020 Ford Explorer will have HUD?
All I know is that Heads Up Display hasn't been shown in any pictures nor is it mentioned in the Order Guide.

Peter

peterk9 is correct, not a mention of a HUD anywhere. There was a very small chance Ford was holding it back for a later reveal but with the Order Guide and all, that chance dissolved away. With the redesign being as significant as it was, Ford probably held it back so that they'd have something to add in '21 or '22 model year.

peterk9 is correct, not a mention of a HUD anywhere. There was a very small chance Ford was holding it back for a later reveal but with the Order Guide and all, that chance dissolved away. With the redesign being as significant as it was, Ford probably held it back so that they'd have something to add in '21 or '22 model year.

Didn't the 5th gen have an HUD?

Didn't the 5th gen have an HUD?

Never drove one, but I don't believe so. They had a forward warning system that projected a heads up warning signal:

"You can add available options like the BLIS with Cross-Traffic Alert and the Adaptive Cruise Control and Forward Collision Warning with Brake Support. How this system works is when activated, it mirrors traffic in front of you by slowing down when other cars do. If it detects an imminent frontal collision, it initiates a heads-up display with brake lights to help you react quickly. If you don’t react in a quick manner it becomes proactive by pre-charging the brakes to enhance stopping power." Link.​

Forum: HUD Heads Up Display.

Never drove one, but I don't believe so. They had a forward warning system that projected a heads up warning signal:

"You can add available options like the BLIS with Cross-Traffic Alert and the Adaptive Cruise Control and Forward Collision Warning with Brake Support. How this system works is when activated, it mirrors traffic in front of you by slowing down when other cars do. If it detects an imminent frontal collision, it initiates a heads-up display with brake lights to help you react quickly. If you don’t react in a quick manner it becomes proactive by pre-charging the brakes to enhance stopping power." Link.​

Forum: HUD Heads Up Display.

That is what I must have been thinking of, thank you.

Back