3rd gen pic's | Page 282 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

It’s not from USA
I had it a year before I got the courage to cut un the GOR

It is a bit of cutting

And the hood air foil further complicates the install, only reason that is there is to hide the "impossible to permanently fix" aluminum hood paint blistering

I’d have to go back and see if still available if your interested

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My ‘02 is pretty much all LED’s, no issues at all.

The only thing I did was change the flasher to an LED compatible one so I didn’t get ‘hyper-flash’ of the signals.

If you looked at my posts from about 15 months back one day no brake lights
Next nothing right side and cluster buzzing

Next day no turns

It kept going all over

Actually stoped after one rear and both fronts were changed back

And those were not that big of a deal, couldn’t get brighter lamps for those anyway

If you looked at my posts from about 15 months back one day no brake lights
Next nothing right side and cluster buzzing

Next day no turns

It kept going all over

Actually stoped after one rear and both fronts were changed back

And those were not that big of a deal, couldn’t get brighter lamps for those anyway
That’s really strange.

Every light you see in these pictures are LED’s, no issues at all except for one cheap Chinese set of tail/brake light LED’s that I was randomly loosing left signal. Changed those out with some better quality ones and I’ve been good since.

So those “China tail lights “ are the ones that sent the electrucsl system crazy

B8A72F34-BE9D-41E2-94F2-00A699350E7C.jpeg
No issues with forward illumination

So those “China tail lights “ are the ones that sent the electrucsl system crazy

I had/have no problems with the trucks electrical system, perhaps you confused my post with the OP?

I had a bad LED bulb, problem followed the bulb.

Put in a new pair and all is well.

Got started on some upgrades to my 2003 NBX. First on the list was air. Built a bracket to slip in an ARB twin compressor.

D88DEAB1-0C71-4B48-B2F1-41E2B7622E8D.jpeg

No f150 too wide

Not sure they can be obtained now

I’d have to check close to $375 as I recall

No f150 too wide

Not sure they can be obtained now

I’d have to check close to $375 as I recall
So you have no idea the vehicle your grill was originally made for? Was it a custom fit only for our explorers. I’m comfortable trimming sanding and making it work but I’d find comfort in having an idea. The 04-08 F-150 grill is close as my buddy has one though yes they are larger. No offense but yours isn’t exactly flush and I have a feeling it was originally made for a pickup as I notice the grill protrudes past your headlight alittle bit and one could argue the one you have now is “too wide” but you made it work and it looks damn good.

Was for Asian Car
Been three years

Want one I’ll ask if they can ship because they (Asian retailers) got shut down

Yes little wide
Did not want to chop up everything

The GOR has to get cut up to make clearance

Looked on here a bunch of times to see the biggest size tire I could fit on a bone stock 03. Turns out 235/85r16s just fit. No rubbing at full lock or at full tuck. Standard measurement is 31.7x9.4

0315191203.jpg

Probably the last pictures of her I'll take, Trans is finally acting up at 199,000 miles but it's been a great vehicle and still looks pretty good. Btw 265/75 16 Cooper at3's no rubbing with no lift.

20190516_154518.jpg

20190516_154713.jpg

20190516_154601.jpg

2005 xlt 4.0. Rancho Quicklift struts, procomp 7031 0mm offset 16x8's, 245/75r16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs with matching roof top spare, Hunter brush guard, uniden pro 520xl radio and 102" CB whip, amazon special led pods and light bar, roof basket from another explorer (think it was a factory accessory because it had an air deflector that said explorer on it when I bought it.)

20171003_122317_zpsmwekjxv7.jpg

Stock... Very stock. Took it through angeles crest highway to Palmdale. Planning to do a spacer lift and 265/75/16s A/T. Running smaller 225/70/16 temporarily cuz the old factory size ones are done.
Screenshot_2019-07-18-00-35-13-1.png
Screenshot_2019-07-18-00-40-37-1.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Figured it was time to share some shots of my '03 EB from 2018 so far. Many more adventures (and mods) planned!

Not sure if you're still active on here, but worst case maybe I can keep the photos thread alive for another day. These are great shots--your setup looks awesome. I checked out your website/instagram pages to creep on your lift/wheels/tires setup as I'm considering something similar for my explorer. I'm up in Columbia, MO but I frequent a lot of the NW Arkansas/Buffalo River spots I've seen you post about. How's your rig holding up to the overland life? Last time I was driving between Jasper and Ponca, I remember picturing my ex having some crazy timing chain catastrophe and trying to figure out what the hell I'd do on that road if the ol girl just grenaded herself. I think explorers like ours are a pretty good setup for exploring the ozarks. The terrain isn't crazy enough where you need a full on rock crawler to get most places but 4wd and some ground clearance will get you into some cool spots. Would love to pick your brain about some of the good wheeling trails you've hit up around Spfd and NW Arkansas areas.

Back