1991 explorer build ttb44 & LS Swap | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1991 explorer build ttb44 & LS Swap

daygor87

Reaction score
City, State
chula vista
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 explorer eddie bauer
hello thanks for the add ive recently purchased a 91 explorer 113k miles from original owner. needed water pump radiator and thermostat , valve covers when i first purchased .ive been gathering parts for the last 2 months or so , ive got giant d44 conversion mountsfor the front and for rear 9' with 3 link setup, fuel cell , waiting on fiberglass 6" front and 7" rear fiberwerx to be done so i can throw the front stuff on my original plan was to do an 6.0 lq4 swap and 4l80e since i have it in my other project that ive lost interest in (85 k5 blazer ) , but doing a 5.0 with fi-tech style carb is what im leaning towards now right now just seems right to keep ford a ford lol im not a sack religious guy i enjoy ls swaps in everything, if anyone has input in that swap or links i will greatly appreciate it , i will either do the swap before the suspension is on or after needs to be 4wd

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_1138.jpg

IMG_1583.jpg

IMG_1586.jpg

IMG_1739.jpg

IMG_2037.jpg

IMG_2161.jpg

IMG_2383.jpg

IMG_2389.JPG

IMG_2482.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_2038.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Daaaang, I'm liking where this is going. Subscribed. I love TTB builds.

So much want!!

I love seeing parts stashes in the living room. If I lived closer I'd want those centerline convo ht wheels.

I love seeing parts stashes in the living room. If I lived closer I'd want those centerline convo ht wheels.
They will be available once I start taking parts off hopefully in the next week or so

They will be available once I start taking parts off hopefully in the next week or so
The shipping to Idaho would kill it for me.
I'm excited to watch this rig shape up. The parts pile is adding up to a high class build.

looks really nice! Do you plan to add indicators for the turn signals? Just curious

You are not kidding around with that pile of parts you’re accumulating! Looks like it will be a fun build. What’s the plan for the rear with the 3-link and the lower links you have pictured? Coilovers mounted on the axle? And keeping the stock frame or doing a full back half? My friend has a very similar setup to what you’re after. LS swapped, Giant D44 conversion, and a full back half pretty much from the B pillar back and I think a 32 gallon fuel cell at the back. His engine is pretty far back so he also had to do a custom firewall and custom headers. I’ll try and answer any questions you have.

You are not kidding around with that pile of parts you’re accumulating! Looks like it will be a fun build. What’s the plan for the rear with the 3-link and the lower links you have pictured? Coilovers mounted on the axle? And keeping the stock frame or doing a full back half? My friend has a very similar setup to what you’re after. LS swapped, Giant D44 conversion, and a full back half pretty much from the B pillar back and I think a 32 gallon fuel cell at the back. His engine is pretty far back so he also had to do a custom firewall and custom headers. I’ll try and answer any questions you have.
I’m up in the air about the rear setup of coils on axle once the glass is mounted we’ll be able to see where the axle will land and the shock placement,I want to keep the back seat so that will be a big factor, and I plan on keeping the frame no chopping it up yet , as far as the swap it will be done after all the suspension is done I’m actually going to end up selling the lq4 and 4l80 if and when it does sell I’ll probably go with a 5.0 swap instead, I will also be running a 32 gal fuel cell in back can’t thorw that in yet because I need to be able to move the k5 within the next couple wheels when guy comes take the body and frame.

Nice build

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back