2020 Silver Spruce Platinum ordered | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Silver Spruce Platinum ordered

Exit32

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Boston, Mass.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Aviator Reserve
FWIW, here's the timeline thus far on my Silver Spruce 2020 Explorer Platinum:

-- Order placed: 09-Feb-2019
-- In Order Processing (Unscheduled Clean): 20-Feb-2019
-- VIN assigned (1FM5K8HC3LGAxxxxx): 18-Apr-2019
-- Scheduled build (week of): 17-Jun-2019

I will post updates as I receive them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was wondering about that colour. It is different from the others. I used the Ford website to change the colour of the Explorer on it several times. I ordered my 2017 Platinum in White Gold because it was a little different from the others. I wonder if the Silver Spruce will turn out to be a one year deal like mine?

Peter

My wife likes Silver Spruce because it's different. I believe Ford introduced Silver Spruce on the 2019 F-150 and Super Duty trucks. While it's not common, Silver Spruce trucks can be found in inventory at many Ford dealers. Seeing the Silver Spruce paint on a vehicle in full daylight is what convinced us to order a Silver Spruce Explorer.

I will post updates as I receive them.

Very exciting. So both of ours are scheduled to be built the same week. :chug:

Very exciting. So both of ours are scheduled to be built the same week. :chug:

Maybe it's coincidence that both of our 2020 Explorers have been scheduled to be built during the same week, or maybe all early retail orders are scheduled for the week of June 17th. We'll know more as additional order-status threads are added to this discussion.

According to the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking website, the status of my Silver Spruce Explorer Platinum has been updated from "Processing" to "In Production" as of this morning. The window sticker has also been generated, and I've printed a copy. Things seem to moving along in Chicago!

-- Window sticker generated: 18-Jun-2019
-- Production scheduled for: 25-Jun-2019

I will post more updates as I receive them.

According to the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking website, the status of my Silver Spruce Explorer Platinum has been updated from "Processing" to "In Production" as of this morning. The window sticker has also been generated, and I've printed a copy. Things seem to moving along in Chicago!

-- Window sticker generated: 18-Jun-2019
-- Production scheduled for: 25-Jun-2019

I will post more updates as I receive them.
How do you get a window sticker?

Meee tooo Iconic Silver ST being built as we speak and window sticker also available!

Does having a window sticker mean the vehicle has been built?

5-7 days after the window sticker is generated is when it goes down the assembly line.

5-7 days after the window sticker is generated is when it goes down the assembly line.

Yup. This has been my experience with my 2016 and 2018 Explorers, both special orders.

If you look at the fine print at the very top of the window sticker, you'll see a nine-digit code just above the word "BLEND". Ignore the first digit of that code and interpret the remaining eight digits as the year, month and day of production. For example, the nine-digit code on my window sticker is 120190625, so production year is 2019, month is 06, and day is 25.

BTW, the background color of the window sticker for my 2020 Platinum is green. Most Ford window stickers I've seen are blue, and I believe the Explorer ST gets a red window sticker to indicate a Ford Performance vehicle. Any idea why my Explorer's window sticker is green?

Yup. This has been my experience with my 2016 and 2018 Explorers, both special orders.

If you look at the fine print at the very top of the window sticker, you'll see a nine-digit code just above the word "BLEND". Ignore the first digit of that code and interpret the remaining eight digits as the year, month and day of production. For example, the nine-digit code on my window sticker is 120190625, so production year is 2019, month is 06, and day is 25.

BTW, the background color of the window sticker for my 2020 Platinum is green. Most Ford window stickers I've seen are blue, and I believe the Explorer ST gets a red window sticker to indicate a Ford Performance vehicle. Any idea why my Explorer's window sticker is green?
Wow didn't realise that about the manufacturing date, that's actually super helpful in determining which PTU I have (amongst other things). Thank you!

Green is retail order, blue is dealer stock. Red is because it is a Ford Performance vehicle.

Green is retail order, blue is dealer stock. Red is because it is a Ford Performance vehicle.

Thank you for this info, blwnsmoke. The green stickers to signify a retail order must be something new. My 2016 Explorer was a retail order and the window sticker was blue. I still have the original window sticker in my archives.

On the top of the window sticker there are some codes: u above trd, r above ramp, mi above bump
In the lower left hand corner, box titled ramp one has CJO6 in it and there is a box that has CONVOY in it. Anyone know what these codes mean.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was wondering the same thing, I found this article from a focus RS forum, and it breaks everything down, for example on mine its says 4-rebill and idk what that means https://www.focusrs.org/forum/11-focus-rs-purchasing/4248-window-sticker-guide-how-read.html
On the top of the window sticker there are some codes: u above trd, r above ramp, mi above bump
In the lower left hand corner, box titled ramp one has CJO6 in it and there is a box that has CONVOY in it. Anyone know what these codes mean.

but Convoy means it will be delivered via truck and not rail

Back