New 2020 Explorer Platinum Ordered | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New 2020 Explorer Platinum Ordered

Ima DingBat

Reaction score
City, State
ChocolateTown - USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Platinum
The Dealer's web portal has opened to accept orders for my new 2020 Explorer Platinum. So I ordered the Star White Metallic, Light Sandstone Leather Interior, Premium Technology Package, 21" Wheels & Tires, Wheel Locks, Roof-Rail Crossbars and Mud Flaps. Pretty much every other option is standard on this beauty. Supposedly a July 2019 delivery.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats.. that white is beautuful. My 11 is white so didnt want to do white again for another 8 years.

Did they give you any pricing?

The Dealer's web portal has opened to accept orders for my new 2020 Explorer Platinum. So I ordered the Star White Metallic, Light Sandstone Leather Interior, Performance Electronics Package, 21" Wheels & Tires, and Mud Flaps. Pretty much every other option is standard on this beauty. Supposedly a July 2019 delivery.
Welcome to the Forum DingBat.:wave:
Love the name. That is a new colour so I haven't seen it other than on the Ford website. I suppose there wasn't any pricing available yet?

Peter

Welcome to the Forum DingBat.:wave:
Love the name. That is a new colour so I haven't seen it other than on the Ford website. I suppose there wasn't any pricing available yet?

Peter
There is one in one of the youtube videos of that white.

Edit.

Here is the white.

Congrats.. that white is beautuful. My 11 is white so didnt want to do white again for another 8 years.

Did they give you any pricing?

The pricing has not been released yet. However, the dealer is a personal friend of mine, so his price is my price. It doesn't get much better than that.
It looks like the new Star White Metallic may be just a shade different (warmer color) than the 2018 White Platinum color, which is what I have on my present 2018 Explorer Platinum ride.
As usual, I'll finish it off with a custom-painted dual pin stripe, a Ford bug shield painted the same color as the vehicle (with the Explorer letters affixed on it), and WeatherTech side window air deflectors.

In response to the above inquiry about pricing, I now have the MSRP prices for my new ride.
Here's the pricing:
2020 Explorer Platinum - $58,250
Star-White Metallic Tri-Coat - $595
Premium Technology Package - $995
21" Premium Aluminum Wheels & Tires - $595
Roof Rack Cross-Bars - $325
Splash Guards (4-wheels) - $205
Wheel Locks for 21" Wheels - $75
Destination & Delivery Charge - $1,095

GRAND TOTAL (MSRP): $62,135

We should get some Dealer Pricing in the near future, but it's not released as of yet.

In response to the above inquiry about pricing, I now have the MSRP prices for my new ride.
Here's the pricing:
2020 Explorer Platinum - $58,250
Star-White Metallic Tri-Coat - $595
Premium Technology Package - $995
21" Premium Aluminum Wheels & Tires - $595
Roof Rack Cross-Bars - $325
Splash Guards (4-wheels) - $205
Wheel Locks for 21" Wheels - $75
Destination & Delivery Charge - $1,095

GRAND TOTAL (MSRP): $62,135

We should get some Dealer Pricing in the near future, but it's not released as of yet.

Yes it is.

Wow, pushing past $60K USD... :burnout:

Finally have A plan pricing for the ST Street pack... making final tweaks to order. Coming in a little under 56.

Congratulations! My dealer is telling me late fall delivery for my st, Does that sound correct? They really did seem to know much of anything about it and I seemed to have had more information on the build that they did, thanks to this amazing forum!

Congratulations! My dealer is telling me late fall delivery for my st, Does that sound correct? They really did seem to know much of anything about it and I seemed to have had more information on the build that they did, thanks to this amazing forum!
Late Fall, as in October/November? That is very late considering the model is expected to be out in June. In previous years, the time frame was usually in the 8 - 10 week range.

Peter

Allocation is every thing. I am expecting an end of May build with hopefully an end of June delivery.

No retail orders will be built till the "ok to buy" is given. May 6th production starts for dealer stock. I expect to take things slow at first to fix build issues and ramp up after a few weeks.

It took a month before Ford gave the ok to buy and scheduled customer orders on the recently released ranger. Even now they are only building at 75% ability due to quality control.

Allocation is every thing. I am expecting an end of May build with hopefully an end of June delivery.

I agree that allocation is a very important factor in determining when a retail order will be scheduled to be built, and thus allocation affects the delivery date. Dealers will be allocated a limited number of 2020 Explorers with better performing dealers receiving higher allocations.

I ordered my 2020 Explorer Platinum using Ford's X-Plan and was told by my sales guy that X-Plan orders do not affect the dealership's allocation. Can anyone confirm this?

I agree that allocation is a very important factor in determining when a retail order will be scheduled to be built, and thus allocation affects the delivery date. Dealers will be allocated a limited number of 2020 Explorers with better performing dealers receiving higher allocations.

I ordered my 2020 Explorer Platinum using Ford's X-Plan and was told by my sales guy that X-Plan orders do not affect the dealership's allocation. Can anyone confirm this?

Xplan is just a pricing agreement. It does not affect ordering and will be built no different then a regular priced vehicle. Heck, Ford does not even know what vehicle is or isnt xplan as that is handled during paperwork/financing at time of delivery

Explorers will not be limited but STs as far as trim is concerned will only have 20% of total Explorers built in ST trim. That is still 40-50k of total production.

Took my 2017 Platinum in for service today and to get a couple of outstanding SSMs taken care of. Went to see my salesman about a 2020 Platinum and he said he could build and order one on spec. If it came in and I didn't want it then they would just put it on the lot. Had it built on the computer but then a message came up on the screen saying that it could not be ordered yet.

Peter

Took my 2017 Platinum in for service today and to get a couple of outstanding SSMs taken care of. Went to see my salesman about a 2020 Platinum and he said he could build and order one on spec. If it came in and I didn't want it then they would just put it on the lot. Had it built on the computer but then a message came up on the screen saying that it could not be ordered yet.

Peter

Sorry to hear that Peter. Perhaps it's the priority code that was entered in the order. My Dealer told me that Ford is NOT accepting "sold" orders as of yet, only general stock orders (which is what my order was coded). It has something to do with the pending certifications from the Feds (EPA, etc.), and Ford doesn't want to have to put a hold on or recall any sold orders in case the certs are delayed. My order has intended build week of May 20th - I hope that holds true. I don't know what kind of dealer allocation has been set for Canada, but my Dealer told me that the first production run was sold out two weeks ago, and future allocations will be by sales volume, etc. factors. Hope you can lock-in your order. Ima

Sorry to hear that Peter. Perhaps it's the priority code that was entered in the order. My Dealer told me that Ford is NOT accepting "sold" orders as of yet, only general stock orders (which is what my order was coded). It has something to do with the pending certifications from the Feds (EPA, etc.), and Ford doesn't want to have to put a hold on or recall any sold orders in case the certs are delayed. My order has intended build week of May 20th - I hope that holds true. I don't know what kind of dealer allocation has been set for Canada, but my Dealer told me that the first production run was sold out two weeks ago, and future allocations will be by sales volume, etc. factors. Hope you can lock-in your order. Ima

All of this is incorrect unfortunately. My order was placed on Jan 19th as a retail order (customer sold) and accepted by Ford. Here is a screen shot of my order in the tracking system with the order date and the build week.

Has nothing to do with EPA, certifications or general orders. I would never order as dealer stock as not only can it be a repaired unit, it can also get buried in the storage lot and get delayed for shipping. Retail orders are the only way to go.

20190420_144137.jpg

All of this is incorrect unfortunately. My order was placed on Jan 19th as a retail order (customer sold) and accepted by Ford. Here is a screen shot of my order in the tracking system with the order date and the build week.

Has nothing to do with EPA, certifications or general orders. I would never order as dealer stock as not only can it be a repaired unit, it can also get buried in the storage lot and get delayed for shipping. Retail orders are the only way to go.

View attachment 169595
That must mean you're a special customer. The rest of us mere mortals are stuck with what our Dealer tells us. Ima

That must mean you're a special customer. The rest of us mere mortals are stuck with what our Dealer tells us. Ima

Nope, just a normal customer that understands the system with a dealer that is honest and upfront. Unfortunately there are far too many out there that are not upfront and feed complete BS to people and they take their word as truth.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I may be wrong but I don't believe we've seen any posts here about 2020 orders from Canada. My dealer tried, he configured a Platinum, but a message popped up saying he could not place the order. This seems to happen every year. We can't even Build & Price it yet on Ford.ca.

Peter

Back