Exterior Colors

AdrenalineJunky

Reaction score
City, State
Nh
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 explorer ST.
What's your favorite and why?
I'm undecided on the red, grey, or copper.
I was hoping for a deep red wine burgundy but........

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What's your favorite and why?
I'm undecided on the red, grey, or copper.
I was hoping for a deep red wine burgundy but........

Red is just a tad too fire engine for me - I have a Ruby Red and love it.

Grey will cover up a multitude of sins, but seems a bit tedious to me. Cheap to replace though.

The copper definitely piques my interest, and I doubt it'd be too popular. Definitely would cost more if anything happened to it - although the same would apply for the red.

My wife and I decided on Silver Spruce for our 2020 Explorer Platinum. We noticed one of the Explorers at the 2020 Rollout event in Detroit was painted Silver Spruce, and we thought it was attractive and different. Before making the final decision on the color, we tracked down a 2019 Silver Spruce F-150 and a 2019 Silver Spruce Super Duty at a Ford dealership about 20 miles away. Went to look at those trucks to see what the color looked in daylight. Next day, finalized our order for a Silver Spruce Platinum.

Red is just a tad too fire engine for me - I have a Ruby Red and love it.

Grey will cover up a multitude of sins, but seems a bit tedious to me. Cheap to replace though.

The copper definitely piques my interest, and I doubt it'd be too popular. Definitely would cost more if anything happened to it - although the same would apply for the red.
I was told the lucid is really close to ruby.

Have you noticed that on the Ford website and in the 2020 Build & Price feature the red is called Rapid Red?

Peter

Have you noticed that on the Ford website and in the 2020 Build & Price feature the red is called Rapid Red?

Peter
I did, I think half my life has been spent trying to run those colors and color name changes down.

Is the color you see on all the videos Blue or Atlas Blue?

Is the color you see on all the videos Blue or Atlas Blue?
You can go to the Ford website and choose the 2020 Explorer and change the colours on it and see the difference in the 'Blue" and 'Atlas Blue'

Peter

Tulsa Auto Show - "Blue"

IMG_2285.jpg

IMG_2284.jpg

IMG_2283.jpg

IMG_2280.jpg

IMG_2279.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

IMG_2277.jpg

IMG_2276.jpg

IMG_2273.jpg

I personally like the ST in Atlas Blue. However I think the BLACK RIMS ON BLACK with the LED white lights would look good. If its a deep black. Anybody seen the regular explorer or ST in black. Only color I haven't seen yet.

I personally like the ST in Atlas Blue. However I think the BLACK RIMS ON BLACK with the LED white lights would look good. If its a deep black. Anybody seen the regular explorer or ST in black. Only color I haven't seen yet.

Yeah, that's all cool and dandy but so far I have switched my opinion from Atlas Blue to Magnetic metallic. It looks more stealth, would look good with black ST rims, black St outside exterior trims.

Back